Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

I can try and contact him. I'll see if I can get him to respond here at least.

I think I will try mailing him as a last resort, but I'm hoping I wont have to. Ill wait a few more weeks and hopefully hear from him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    I can try and contact him. I'll see if I can get him to respond here at least.
    That would be really great, thankyou for helping me out!

ok. I messaged him on his personal page. hopefully he will check in with you. I bet its just he is super busy and he does has a long wait list. Did he give you a date for completion? usually its months and months out.

I was lucky to get a tail from him before he got so popular. So back them communication was easier as he had less clients to work with. He will deliver. Just give him time. I know its hard.

Yeah, last I heard he said he would be starting around August, so I just wanted an update as to where I am on his list of tail customers. Thank you so much for your help. I'm super excited for whats to come even though I've had a bit of a rocky start. I'm glad I had mernetwork to turn to before I went crazy with worry.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    waiting 6 months and not started til August? whoa

I bought the tail from his sale and he said that he wasn't planning on starting them until August. I thought it was a pretty far off date but the price and positive reviews convinced me to take the opportunity anyways. Hope I wont be let down :s

Well he's never scammed anyone he's a good guy. I think he's just wrapped up in a very busy and draining job right now.

I agree with both Nerine and Raina. He can be really busy. Heck I ordered my tail from him in April of 2013 and had a production slot for December of the same year. Due to life and work and weather, my tail slowly came together over the first couple months of this year and finally was completed in the first week of March 2014.

I think Jesse, like Raven, wanted really badly to make people's dreams come true and tried to do that. but a lot of tail makers who have good intentions bite off more than they can chew. When you have a full time job and a life it can get crazy. Waiting almost a year for a tail seems crazy but it can happen. I bet Jesse has a much better understanding now of what he can handle and what he cant (like raven had to go through). Its hard for these tail makers who work all by themselves.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    I also had a tough time getting any info from him as well. I paid for mine in late February/early March (I think), but he contacted me yesterday and will be starting my tail soon (was supposed to be started sometime in July), I'm sure he's just busy, we all have lives and I totally understand that crap happens and time can get away from you. He's not a fan of Facebook, but I do get our side of it and that he probably could use it more to at least get a simple message out there that he's still alive, ok, and working on things. I was getting worried I was getting scammed as well. But we're not, at least from what I've heard from him, he's not forgotten us, we've just been delayed a bit. It sucks, but I also understand that this process can take a while and he doesn't want to give us something defective or bad.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I was i the same boat MerKitty as my tail was meant to arrive in May/June but then due to his job at the park it was held back to Aug/Sept, so I waited a good two months from the last time I messaged him and sent a Facebook email the other day. He told me that the par is starting to get quiet and we can discuss my tail next week. Now mine has not been made yet but seeing has my tail was number 12 in the list 2 months ago I doubt you will have too much time to wait to get yours. Don't worry you will get t.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I purchased a used tail but it was originally made and modified by him. I wanted to contact him incase I have any issues with the tail. I originally had no response from him when I messaged him here and on Facebook. He did finally respond when I sent an email. He was very nice. I hope he isn't being crazy overworked. that sucks.
    I wonder if it's the same type of situation as when I do custom orders for my jewelry business? I have found that I am less motivated to do custom work because the original idea of it didn't come from me. Not to say that I don't enjoy them and I have found new ideas that I would have never thought about while doing them, but to get started on them takes me a little longer than the stuff I make for stock. I am in no way comparing my little jewelry business to making silicone tails. Especially those whose main business is custom work. I'm just wondering if when life gets in the way it's harder to get going on custom stuff.

I've had a few problems with Jesse, his correspondence being at the top of my list. He had me send him my concept for my tail at least four times, never told me that he didn't do airbrush or metallics or skintones, but took my commission anyways- and I ended up with a less than satisfactory product. It was /relatively/ close to what I had drawn, but I really wish that he could have sent me progress pictures or something to let me know how the tail was coming along. The project just looked.... rushed.

Either way, I'm just glad I have a tail. But I wouldn't go back to him to have repairs done or anything without expecting several months wait.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Thank you for everymers input! There has been contact, but nothing substantial. Just one email one received last week asking for my paypal email so he could check to see who I am/where I am in his logs. Ive emailed him twice since then with no reply but I am going to be patient about this seeing as this is how he works. My tail is going to be one of the plain basic one colour tails, so Im not expecting anything too spectacular, just a nice beginner silicone tail.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Soooooo anyone had any news on their tails?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I saw on FB that Jesse had a death in the family. I'm sure that set tails back a bit.

It really helps future owners if more people who currently have tails post reviews btw

Nope, when he finally did contact me on the 24th of august he was just passing by and said he would talk to me on the 26th, but then he never contacted me again. I saw his facebook post, but i also noticed it said he would be back around the 23rd this month. I emailed him with condolences and asked him to get back to me as soon as he gets a chance. Haven't heard anything yet but I understand he is going through a hard time so I shall wait some more.

Edit: Yeah it would be great if there were more reviews! I've only seen 3-4, I tried to dig around but I just keep seeing the same reviews.

I am not really a writer so to post a proper review would be alot of work. I much rather just comment when needed.