Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I posted my review. Just waiting for it to get approved. It's short but sweet

Can you tell me if you are having any problems with the permawet layer peeling off? I am a bit concerned about it, Ive seen it on Raina's tail but hers was one of the first Jesse made. I want to know if there has been any problems with more recent tails.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    It is peeling off near the fluke. It doesn't bother me because it sort of looks like a tail would look if it shed some of it's scales. It doesn't look bad.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have seen more in person at merfest, and I know more peels off over time and becomes problematic because it can take layers of colour with it.

Thanks for the info! I'm not quite sure what I can do, I know that I will be upgrading to another tail in 3-5 years after this one so I hope it will last. I wanted to paint the tail because it is going to be a single tone blue colour... any ideas on what I can do? Its okay if its even temporary I don't mind repainting it frequently. I would probably just use white to blend it and give some fading to the blue.

Also, I've looked around for your review Aurelia but I cant find it, I'm not sure how long approval usually takes so I'm not sure if its even up yet. Edit: Sorry! Apparently I didnt look hard enough because just after posting this I found it. D'oh

No update from Jesse yet.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Maybe ask him not to put put perma wet on so you can repaint it as you go. There's really no need for perma wet, people just like the wet look.

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by merkitty View Post
    I know this thread isn't recent, but i'm not sure if I should post in a new thread or just make a comment here as it has to do with the same subject. I made a payment for a tail 6 months ago to Jesse because I heard his communication with his costumers was great, But in the last six months I've had zero contact despite the numerous messages I've sent hoping for an update. I know he made a post on facebook saying he was busy with work in may, but has anyone had any contact with him recently?

Merkitty, I've the same problem as yours - I made a payment for a tail 1 year ago! No news is heard from Jesse so far
    Have you take any action to urge for refund? Or if you've heard of anyone suing refund from Jesse?

Help contact Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    ok. I messaged him on his personal page. hopefully he will check in with you. I bet its just he is super busy and he does has a long wait list. Did he give you a date for completion? usually its months and months out.

I was lucky to get a tail from him before he got so popular. So back them communication was easier as he had less clients to work with. He will deliver. Just give him time. I know its hard.

Nerinethemermaid, I just know that Merkitty can finally contact Jesse and get her tail started making. I wish to know if you're willing to help me contact Jesse - I made payment 1 year ago. From the past record he did not scam payment and that's why I hope someone can help me to contact him and have my tail re-started.
    I'd made HALF payment only and I'm not sure if this is the only reason Jesse does not start doing my tail.
    My personal email is 'dannysandie@yahoo.com.hk'. I hope you can drop me an email and I'll include all exchanges of information between Jesse and I.
    I look forward to hearing from you!

Smile Update from Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by merkitty View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'm not quite sure what I can do, I know that I will be upgrading to another tail in 3-5 years after this one so I hope it will last. I wanted to paint the tail because it is going to be a single tone blue colour... any ideas on what I can do? Its okay if its even temporary I don't mind repainting it frequently. I would probably just use white to blend it and give some fading to the blue.

Also, I've looked around for your review Aurelia but I cant find it, I'm not sure how long approval usually takes so I'm not sure if its even up yet. Edit: Sorry! Apparently I didnt look hard enough because just after posting this I found it. D'oh

No update from Jesse yet.

Merkitty, I'm glad to know that you can contact Jesse finally. I wish to know if you have more contact details of Jesse? (not just his hotmail). I wish to contact him directly for the payment I'd made and I wish to have making of my tail started.
    Many thanks!

I talked with Jesse and asked for a refund as I cant see myself being happy with the tail I would receive from him, I need to get a tail from someone who will communicate with me every now and then. The only places Ive been able to contact him is his email and his facebook through the chat. I messaged and emailed him a few times (way too many if you ask me) before he answered. I felt like I was being an annoying customer but honestly any costumer in the world would want some info and be worried about whats going on with their money! He has started to refund me in small increments, but not on schedule as he promised. I understand that he is having some trouble with his work/personal life so I am trying not to be too in his face about everything. I am slightly worried because I know he is starting to refund other people as well so I'm hoping I get my full refund so I can finally buy my dream tail! I dont think there is a need for a lawsuit as he is working on all his tail orders/refunds so all you need to do is just send a few emails/messages until you get a response. Its better to be annoying then to be ignored.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Does anyone know what Jesse is up to? I know it's been Christmas but the guy has been silent for a fortnight and I am losing out on work because of him? Anyone know if he is alive cause I am one hacked off fish
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

I haven't heard back from him since December 4th and its pretty annoying because he is supposed to be refunding me every 2 weeks... I can't buy my dream tail from else where until I get my refund. I feel your pain!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    If you have a paypal account, send him an invoice.

It is gtting to the point that even though I have waited almost a bloody year, I am going to demand a refund cause I have another reliable tail maker who I know will do a good job. I have been so patient with him but I feel it is getting thrown right back i my face! I know I am not the only one who feels the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Siren View Post
    It is gtting to the point that even though I have waited almost a bloody year, I am going to demand a refund cause I have another reliable tail maker who I know will do a good job. I have been so patient with him but I feel it is getting thrown right back i my face! I know I am not the only one who feels the same way!
    Hi, Samantha, I'm new in the mermaid world and I wish to get a new tail. What's the name of the reliable tailmaker you mentioned? Thanks a lot!
    Wish you a happy new year!

There are many, what is your budget?

He is back! Got an email, apology and payment. Im wishing you luck with your tail! I am also trying to figure out who to get a tail from, I am looking for a lower price point tail. The best price Ive found so far that seem like they are reliable is mernation with their single colour $1200 tails. Do you have any other recommendations?

Sirenalia is proposing silicone tails for 1800$ only.
    It's a bit more expensive but you will get a great floppy fluke and detailed coloring on your tail.

I like her coloring on her tails as well, she does good work.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Mermaid Jessica makes awesome tails in that price range, too. Also, Jazz of Purple Rainbow Tails.