Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

I feel for those of you struggling to get your tails and/or refunds. It is because of reviews like this that I've chosen to make my own....and because it is cheaper

Pearlie, I just got your message. Ill consider that as a last resort though. Thanks for your support everyone, by joining together we can help prevent stuff like this from happening again, I hope. I havent received any thing from him yet, but I'm going to wait till the end of the day before making any assumptions on if he's going to hold up his agreement for today.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Even though he is not registered they were still able to send him a letter or an email about it and he has responded. I cannot wait to see the pictures at the weekend.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Ugh. This is so sickening. I hear that Jesse's an ok guy, so I suppose I wish him the best as a person, but he is a TERRIBLE, unbelievably HORRIBLE business man. I am so sorry to anyone who is struggling with him right now. There's a lot of names I'd like to call him, but no one needs to see that many four letter words.
    If he's reading this, WE'RE ON TO YOU, JESSE. Either give them back their money or admit you don't have it. It ain't hard.
    (I'm a graduate of the Clive Barker School of Hellraising, I'll help make some noise. Lemme get my Pinhead mask on.)
    Cranky-pants octomaid, Molly Cephalee
    "That's CEPHIE to you, bud."

I recieved a payment from Jesse just now, things are looking good for now. Hopefully this holds up and I get another in 2 weeks time. Ill update if there are any developments.

So it looks like I'm the one being ignored now. Its apparently a week or two till completion date and I have not seen any progress pictures. Am I just chasing a phantom tail here? I think I might be.

Demand pictures. Don't be nice anymore. Tell him if you don't receive pictures by first thing in the morning of your tail that there will be consequences. It's not hard to take a dang picture, I'm sure he could just take one on his phone and send it over messenger if he really wanted to (if he has a smartphone and can do that)

I text him, he said he was away with family which is more than fine, but I pointed out that he had just proved that it takes 20 seconds to write a quick reply so why he couldn't have done it Saturday and save me the agro is beyond me.

So... should we start to raise hell now or later?

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

It's my Birthday on Wednesday and because he doesn't have my tail finished eve though h aid it would be done by the end of January let's see if he'll be nice enough to send me some pictures! However chances of that happening? Place your bets people!

So I thought I would give you an update on my fun times with Mr Caldwell. After a few polite messages and being ignored I sent a few angry text messages and finally got a response and the pictures I had asked for. However I received pictures of my fluke STILL IN THE MOULD. Jesse told me he had pulled it and would be painting it and sandwiching it together on the 18th of January.

So I email him with my confusion as to why thus work had not been don't. Copy and pasted his exact emails with dates and asked him to explain. As of yet I have had no reply and according to jesse my my tail would be finished by next weekend when he said he would need an extra two or three weeks to finish. That was a fortnight ago.

This is getting so ridiculous its almost funny. How can he possibly think he can wriggle his way out of this one?

Quote Originally Posted by merkitty View Post
    Another good point! He is just so busy with everything he doesn't have time to be responsible/logical and talk to his clients through other resources if his aren't working out...

Now where have I heard this before...?

It's a tailmakers job to make time to answer emails/phone queries etc. "Being too busy" is bullshit. If you're out of time, then stop taking orders until you can catch up, know what I mean?

Senior Member Euro Pod Vicky Mermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    Now where have I heard this before...?

It's a tailmakers job to make time to answer emails/phone queries etc. "Being too busy" is bullshit. If you're out of time, then stop taking orders until you can catch up, know what I mean?
    True

I think you're being waaaay too nice Samantha. If I was in your shoes, I would have raised hell by now. Especially if he had the nerve to send me a picture of the fluke still in the mold when he claimed he had pulled it and painted it weeks ago. Call him out on his bs, and don't be nice about it. Let him know you're fed up and that his customer service is class A shit. (excuse my language). Ask him why it's taking so long for him to make a tail that was supposed to be done long ago, why he feels like lying about progress is an acceptable business practice,etc. Eat away at his lies and let him know how done you are.

Oh I have but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have been reading this thread daily and I have held back on expressing my opinion with what is going on. First, Jesse works a full time job like most of us here. He does tail making on the side to earn some extra income for things. Obviously people here think this and that and expect things to be done within a given time deadline. I understand. I had the same thing happen to me when it came to my tail being made. I was supposed to have it started in November of 2013 but due to life and weather my tail didnt get started till the middle of December. Then Christmas came and he had family stuff and plans. I was okay with that because I was in no rush for my tail. I ended up receiving in the mail at the beginning of March. From initial order to final delivery about 11 months. He had to re-pour a bunch of stuff for my tail because it would not cure due to weather.

Second, I am not defending Jesse and his tail-making. Yes it sucks that his communication has gone down the drain and he has had to end up refunding people. I am getting really tired of people who promise stuff for having such and such for an event and then then their tail isn't ready and go off the deep end at the tail-maker because their tail isn't ready. Anyone heard of unfortunate circumstances like weather. Where Jesse lives the weather can get down right cold and snowy. We are in February in the middle of winter. Silicone doesn't like cold temperatures. Even its just above freezing.

You can respond as you want to this post and come down on me as you like but it won't change what I think. Maybe I am just a real world thinker and look at the big picture and see how all the pieces work together instead of just looking at one piece at a time.

I don't think anyone here cares about changing your mind mermatt. Think what you will

What the people in this thread care about are the mers whom are currently being mistreated. I think the consensues is until jesse owns up and tries to make it right mers will continue to support and advise the wronged mers to the full extent, even if that means telling his customers to be more assertive or even ask for a refund.
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    I beg your pardon, MerMatt, but even if tail making is done on the side, if it is a business, it has to be treated as a business. If any of us hired a gardener or a plumber to do something, we would like our headlines met, and would not put up with excuses such as "I do the plumbling on the side" or "I can't work on your garden because it's cold". You took my money, you deliver the day you said you would. Or if you can't because such is life, I get my money back immediately, no questions asked. And if you lose money, it's not my fault. Such is the cost of doing business.

Can't make tails during winter because of weather? Don't take orders. Do you have stuff going on with your life? Close shop and don't take orders, and send an email to customers explaining what is going on. Can't deliver? Refund! If you have a day job to back you up, you have zero excuses not to. And above all, DON'T LIE. There is a saying in my country that goes, "You catch a liar faster than a man that limps".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah all that stuff is fair. 100% fair points. But Jesse was already having those issues and continued to take on more tails. Just like fishbutts did. So while we can be understanding of all the circumstances in the world, he's been caught lying a few times, intentionally putting out subpar work, and kept taking on more and more even when he knew he coudlnt' handle it. So I think thats what it comes down to. I agree with everything you say. Up until recently I had Jesse on my FB and I watched everything he was going through. And the whole time I was worried this exact thing would happen.

it's sad all around. In general I just felt sorry for him. But now that I've caught him lying about this stuff a few times. (like saying he never uses permawet when I can physically prove he does) I just dont personally have sympathy anymore. You make excellent points. For me however at this point he should just admit defeat and refund people so they can get tails.

Matt is not about the fact the tail is late anymore, its been a yea I don't even know if it will turn up. It is the fact that I have his aaaurence in plain black and white that the job has been done when it isn't even close. I have told him time and time again that if he needs more time then be honest, I have no problem with that. But it is the fact that he has been promising me competition dates when he knew damn well he wasn't even going to be starting. Now I have caught him out on it he is refusing to reply. This is why I am so livid.

And forgive me, but yes jesse works a full time job and makes tails on the side, but what about us performers who are working 7 days a week to get by when we could have been making good money from performing but do not have the appropriate costume to do so. He isn't happy to get the job done but he had no complaints on taking my Mo ey which I have worked my butt off for.