Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

Heard from Jesse, finally. Not sure who made that happen but thanks if you had a fin in it. He says he will refund my $ but several mers are in front of me, I assured him that if he doesn't do it willingly and timely, I will pursue legal avenues. Which I'd prefer not to have to do. This is an unfortunate and sad trend with Mermaid Creations but I will hold no ill feelings if he mans-up and does the right thing by everyone involved.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    So let me get this straight, he is making you get in a queue to get your money back? Is he having a laugh? The man need to take out a loan and pay all you lot back. This guy makes me so freaking angry!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

He wrote a long message on his facebook page you guys should check out.

That guy is pretending he never used Permawet.
    Is he for real?! We have reliable sources here who said he DID use Permawet.

I'm confused now.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Chances are he's screwed up his finances so badly that he'll never be able to take out a loan! These days, you have to prove you don't actually NEED a loan before anyone will lend you money...thus the scamming.

Ahhh I want to buy my Mernation tail this week and he still owes me $250. He said he'll send me $50 today and try his best to send me the remaining $200 on the 13th if he can. AHHHHHHH! *so much internal screaming* >.<

I couldn't read it all without getting angry. It "allowed/him to make shit tails and ignore and lie to people" biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    This is ridiculous. He took your money and went out and spent it on personal stuff before even getting materials. I'd be looking into small claims court if I were any of you! So sorry this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Now about this 'he lives in Florida' part...I thought he was in Ohio. What did I miss?
    You know I KNEW that I really did, yet I put down Florida lol Good job keeping that straight, brain :P

Anyhow, it's 8 years for written contract and 6 years for oral in Ohio. So yeah there's definitely time if he doesn't deliver on his promises. I really hope he does, and I"m glad he finally responded to you. Sucks that he put you in a queue to get your money back -_- But I guess he spent it all maybe, so he has to pay people back as he gets paid from his job? Best I can guess.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post

I'm confused now.

He calls it a slime coat, it's in the comments on some of his photos. Whether or not it's permawet, or something like permawet I don't know, but he definitely coats the tails in something. No one else makes tails that look wet
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post

I'm confused now.

Jesse said in that post, "I do not use Permawet, I have never used Permawet." That is not true. He was the first person on the forum to use permawet, in fact no one even knew what it was before he started using it and posted about it. He went on and on about how great it was and how it gave that wet look which he loved so much. Then one day he posted that he didn't use permawet on his tails, so I went back to find the post(s) where he talked about it so I could link them, and they were gone.

Also if he doesn't use it, why do people (including Raina but others as well) find the top layer coming off their tails and separating form the silicone, and why won't silicone bond to the outside of his tails? He's even told his own customers that he can't repaint the tails, that it won't bond. That if they wanted their tail taken in, and it messed up the paint job, that he couldn't fix it- so if they wanted it smaller with the paint job looking right they would have to get a whole new tail body. Why would that be the case if all he uses is silicone? It all adds up. Great to him if he's stopped using it, but to say he's never used it is a lie.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Jesse said in that post, "I do not use Permawet, I have never used Permawet." That is not true. He was the first person on the forum to use permawet, in fact no one even knew what it was before he started using it and posted about it. He went on and on about how great it was and how it gave that wet look which he loved so much. Then one day he posted that he didn't use permawet on his tails, so I went back to find the post(s) where he talked about it so I could link them, and they were gone.

Also if he doesn't use it, why do people (including Raina but others as well) find the top layer coming off their tails and separating form the silicone, and why won't silicone bond to the outside of his tails? He's even told his own customers that he can't repaint the tails, that it won't bond. That if they wanted their tail taken in, and it messed up the paint job, that he couldn't fix it- so if they wanted it smaller with the paint job looking right they would have to get a whole new tail body. Why would that be the case if all he uses is silicone? It all adds up. Great to him if he's stopped using it, but to say he's never used it is a lie.

I'm not saying this is what he did but I have found that you can add a silicone layer to the outside of a tail after you've finished it and if the silicone and solvent is mixed differently it will stick initially and make a nice "mucus" layer as you would see on some fishes but it will later peel off. The application method has a lot to do with it. Like if you brush it on or pour it instead of airbrushing it can make a peeling layer.

I may be wrong here, but I think that Raina has messages from Jesse were he states he's using permawet.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    When Mermaid Marla was fixing up her orange tail, there was a picture where she was using Permawet and the caption was something like he had told her to use it or recommended it because it was what he used on his tails or something like that.

Jesse updated me, he had pulled the fluke from the mold and cut the monofin. He said he did this two months ago but hey St least he is doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Siren View Post
    Jesse updated me, he had pulled the fluke from the mold and cut the monofin. He said he did this two months ago but hey St least he is doing it now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I saw the post, I am glad that he is trying so hard to pay people back. I understand shitty life stuff happening. However I don't appreciate the line about the permawet. He talked about it loads on meryuku and as Iona pointed out no one knew what it was until he brought it up. And while we no longer have access to those original posts; when you look at the mernetwork archives and search permawet there are comments dating back to 2011 referencing Jesse using permawet on his tails. As a friend recently joked; this is NOT some collective dream we all had. I certainly saw it on some tails that were at the first merfest (all the original owners ended up selling them off because of similar issues to what I faced, and all new at the time tails) I know Cicero got his refunded because it was unusable last year. As did the awesome mermaid who made the doll of me. So for the most part I could feel bad for Jesse if I knew he wasnt lying but just drop the perma wet lie. Admit you used it on quite a few tails but don't anymore, and move on.

There isn't a silicone product that creates that shiny look. Ive researched the heck out of it, and don't you think OTHER TAIL MAKERS would be using it by now? They all do clear coats and they don't look like that. I've had multiple types of silicone tails now or has access to them. I know the difference between normal silicone peeling (which is certainly what has happened to the inside of the tail as the layers cured at different times) and pieces of latex. The outside of our tail peels like liquid latex that you use on your skin.

Shelley I was heart broken to hear of your ordeal and I ranted a bit on FB which may have pushed him to answer you. a year is way too long to go without hearing anything.

I hope Jesse doesnt get himself caught in the same trap that merberry, mermaids r us, and fishbutts did: taking more orders to refund people. Because it doesnt end well.

I have nothing against Jesse as a person for the most part (save for the lying about permawet). If he manages to repay people and improve upon his product. All the power to him. I am happy we have the tail we have, even with its problems. I am just unhappy that all this time later, people are still getting that same quality, and getting strung along. It was hard for me to watch Christian go through what he did.

Samantha I am glad he FINALLY started your tail.

I can't believe after all of this, he still intends on taking more orders once he finishes with this business. He's gotta be fishin nuts.

Samantha caught something interesting in his website that drew me in as a customer- that he "airbrushes his tails" when clearly he doesn't. So I added in that he shouldn't let customers think that he can do flesh tones or metallics in his tails either. Looks like he is looking at a lot of false advertising and false promises on his part.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Wait so he IS still taking orders???? I thought he was done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk