Thread: A place for writings?

A place for writings?

So I've noticed photos, drawings and videos have their places to be, here around the website, and I was wondering whether mermaid stories have a place to fit in, too.
    Is there a particular board a user should post a story in, if they have one to offer? Or would it best not to at all?

Just wundrin'.

Sometimes I post links. Sometimes I put text right in the post, but I've had technical issues doing that.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Where would a good place to host a mermaid story be, Alveric? SeaTails? DeviantArt?

I've been using both for a couple of years now. I like both, but DA is probably the best. Nate Walis may have some suggestions as well.
    Alveric

I have an account on both DA and SeaTails, so Ill give them both a try.
    One last question is that if I were to post something here, even just a link, which part of the forum should I use? I wouldn't want it to clog up portions of the site, or bother anyone.

I've always used the Everything Else part of Chatterbox. No one has complained yet.
    Alveric

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Fictionpress is pretty good. It won't get you published, but people can't copy and paste your work.

I haven't really done any mermaid stories yet, but I post all of my work on DA. What's SeaTails? I haven't even heard of it until this post.
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

I'm not sure about sea tails, but I read deviant art's terms. Publishing a story on their leaves wide open for DA to replicate as long as you have it uploaded without any gain from it. I'm still new to the sight, but for someone that wants to become a real author, I'm not sure the work is as protected on that sight as FictionPress. Still, as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't publish your writing online. The one exception to the rule I can think of is sharing a portion of the story to get people interested. You have to be careful with that because some of your ideas can still be stolen. I'm always in a constant debate as to whether or not I want to update my story online. For a beginner, feedback is very helpful, but I'm not sure I want to risk my ideas just to improve. At least on FictionPress, a visitor can not copy and paste a story, and there is a rule people on the sight agree to in the terms that prohibits people from making duplicates on the sight. I know the counterpart FanFiction gets a lot more feedback and has a lot more activity. The difference between the two is whether or not someone is writing out there own original idea. For me, posting online or sharing your story isn't something you should do unless you are willing to take the risks that come with it or you need feedback to improve. I would recommend FanFictions or a practice story you know won't be something of a quality you will sell when sharing online. If you are like me, you can always share a piece of the story that demonstrates your ability as a writer. The point of all of this is that anyone who wants to get published and have any financial from their story at some point should not make sharing it a priority. The most important thing is focusing on your story and writing the best story you can. However, there is a great deal of importance to the feedback someone can receive from reading your story. It's a very difficult thing to juggle, but I believe the less you share the better. Once you have it published, that's when people should read be able to read the whole story.

However, if you are writing for fun, I don't see a huge problem with sharing your story. It all really depends on what you are looking for when you write.

However, it would be nice to have a thread where merfolk stories can be shared for peer review. I can't stress the importance of constructive feedback enough when it comes to improving your own writing.

I definitely like the idea of having a thread to share stories. I'd love to see others style of writing, especially when it comes to mermaids.

Right now, I write short stories for fun and most of them get posted on my DA account. I like to get feedback on them and see what I can improve on. However, I am working on my first mermaid novel and that won't be posted anywhere online.
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ages ago, when I was on Cadfael's Avatars, there was a writing section.

One of the threads involved a deck of cards. But not just any cards, they were like RPG kind of cards that had artwork of dragons, adventurers, and epic kinds of fantasy artwork! I can't remember if the artwork shown on the cards were the work of the artists on the forum. You picked a card and then had to write a story around it. When the deck was finished, they put a new one in and the stories were written anew.

Another one was a collaboration type of story where what you wrote had to also had to relate to the previous story or stories that the poster(s) above you wrote. This one was more like adventure story where different things happened across the lands with different peoples' avatars and characters. The whole of this thread was a huge continuous story that never ended.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 05-24-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...430#post250430

I started this thread to help with this.

I also love to write and have already created my own blog where I will mark up the result of my writing. I also work as a writer in a company https://proessayservice.com/buy-research-papers but these are strictly student topics, and I love a variety of topics, this prompted me to create a writing blog where I can fulfill myself.
    Last edited by Leonidas Lopez; 12-23-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks for sharing. I always wanted to be a professional writer and help students. After a long apprenticeship, I managed to become a writer https://customwriting.com/term-paper-for-sale and write custom papers. When I was a student I missed that kind of help. So now I try my best to help as much as possible in the execution.
    Last edited by RobertWalker; 01-30-2023 at 11:24 AM.