Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Merberry Tails- reviews/discussions

Nope not anymore.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Junior Member Pod of The South Cetus_The_Sapphire_Merman's Avatar
    I am a little saddened, because I love her TLM tail design.
    <center>CETUS
    <center>
    </center><center> </center>The Iolite Merman

</center>

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Have you read any review on her tails yet? Because you'd know you should be happy she's not making them anymore.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont think I've seen a merberry tail that didnt fall apart. Even people who didnt post here, every single one I looked at on FB you could see turning white, losing colour, losing scales etc even after 1 swim

^ yeah i can vouch for this. front of my tail hasn't lost any colour or peel yet but the backside is a completely different story.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I'm just talking about the design.

yeah when she paints them they look fabulous but they dont mean anything if the material doesnt hold
    The SeaGlass Siren

That sucks to hear. I'm looking for my first tail. It's most likely going to be a fabric tail.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I dont think I've seen a merberry tail that didnt fall apart. Even people who didnt post here, every single one I looked at on FB you could see turning white, losing colour, losing scales etc even after 1 swim
    This.

The one I saw in person had no drainage holes so it was completely unusable in the water. It also had holes in the scales, embedded hairs and was peeling.
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

My first tail was a merberry tail, and let me tell you it was a nightmare from day one!

I ordered it in her Halloween sale, she told me it would take 2-3 months at most to make and ship to the UK....7 months later I finally received my tail after many emails back and forth between myself and her.

repeatedly I was promised pictures that day, they would never be sent, shed tell me it was nearly finished then never send pictures and all of a sudden theres been a problem so it will take longer....this got ridiculous and it nearly ended in a lawsuit.

Anyway my tail finally arrived and it was beautiful, I was completely over joyed by it.

at first.

After looking at it more closely i noticed there were scales missing, paint brush bristles sticking out of it (which kept jabbing me in the legs) the monofin was incredibly noticeable and the material inside was not neoprene (as was stated)

I did my first photoshoot in it and it looked stunning (in my opinion anyway haha) but then at my first event more problems arose.

The heels fell apart, the monofin began to come through the latex at the corners, the "latex" began lifting away from the "neoprene" and holes began appearing in it too!

I contacted Amanda about this issue and she promised me a free tail to make up for it as she knew when she sent it that it was sub-standard.

I found this to be reasonable and accepted her offer. however I never received a free tail and she shut down.

I'd like to point out too that she closed down without refunding my money for a sea glass bra that she took payment for and never made...

So to summarise, DO NOT order a tail from this woman. I believe she may have set up under another name (I am not certain of this but the tails i have seen look very similar to her work)

complete scam artist!

(ps sorry for the long paragraph! haha)
    Lily-Rose the English Mermaid
    of
    The English Mermaids

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    MermaidLilyRose, she has started up Finspo mermaid tails (on Facebook and Etsy). If I were you, I'd go after her now that she's popped back up in the tailmaker community.

I've been looking at her personal Facebook and I guess she's had some personal problems in the past year, but that's still no excuse for scamming people out of their money. I guess I'm just a bit upset that the tailmaker nearest me isn't trustworthy. I would have loved to order a tail from her and pick it up in person.

Did you ever sue? Im having to sue as well. She stole my tail and never responded to any of my emails. Got no updates nothing. Same as you. What was the outcome for you?