Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fish Butts having a sale...

Okay well neoprene or "high quality neoprin " its not the sack or potatoes that stretches out known as neoprin,

ask any fishbutts customer who has a tail if their tail has stretched out like neoprin does. Ive had my tail for quite a long time, lot of wear and tear (on my part cause it is latex ) but inside no stretching, holes or ripping and my fat butt has gained and lost quite a bit of weight during time with my tail, and i still have a hell of a time getting into the tail (lol) and yet ive flipped it inside out and still no ripping, holes, stretching.. Stevi stopped ordering from stretchhouse for them taking her (and a few others mers) money. Either way the tails haven't been giving anyone issues. I just dont see why this "thread" went on for 3 pages. Stevi can prove what materials she's using. If she chooses to have a sale, thats her prerogative.

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    The main concern is all materials should cleatly be listed, no more work taken on until nearly complete last order, more pictures added to the website. Things need to be explained to the customers (all makers) even at a grand to some people thats still a lot (well to me) but i do like how she does instalments of payments :-).
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Clearly* on mobile lol
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I see both sides of the story here. I feel really neutral as well..

I agree with Lexia to a point, why should she be doing another sale if she's still working on orders from previous sales. And the fact that she's moving next month doesn't seem like she's going to have a lot of time to take in a bunch of new orders. I feel like she should really finish what she has, move, settle, and then start back up. And I know what you mean. It's not fair for people to wait too long or risk getting an order that doesn't make them happy.

But then I see what the others are saying, it's Stevi's business. She can do what she wants. She's in the USA it's free country. If she wants to have a sale then so what. And how she does her tails doesn't really matter as longs as they're the correct materials and they hold up to the expectation. Like Lanai said, I've never heard of a Fish Butt tail tearing or getting seriously destroyed. So whatever she's doing is working.

I just hope that people are happy and Stevi can be steady with her business.

No Lexia I completely agree with you. I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything like this. Thank you. I saw that one guy too, how he said that he ordered a tail back in July! Now that comment is not longer there... I ordered a tail, and I'm getting really impatient, plus my mother is starting to freak out and is saying how i got ripped off.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAvalon View Post
    No Lexia I completely agree with you. I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything like this. Thank you. I saw that one guy too, how he said that he ordered a tail back in July! Now that comment is not longer there... I ordered a tail, and I'm getting really impatient, plus my mother is starting to freak out and is saying how i got ripped off.
    I'm trying to keep positive too as I paid for a tail back in the first week of December 2012 for my daughter
    I just keep thinking of all the happy people with their tails that I have seen and keeping my fingers tightly crossed that any day I may get an email saying it's ready

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hopefully everyone will, Stevi told me she's nearly all caught up on her orders! That's good. I think iblondie pretty much shares my opinion on the matter She says it better than I do though lol

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    I think Raina brought up a good summary. That was the message I was getting from this post as well. Yeah, there have been concerns about what tailmakers are using and if we want to get nit picky about terms I guess we could. I always assumed though it could be a full silicone tail with a neoprene backing and still be called full silicone. I always thought the difference was that in a partial silicone tail you spread it across the fabric or whatever other backing and print the scales on, whereas a full silicone tail was made with a mold where you took the separate silicone scale sheet and attached it to the backing or just used pure silicone for the whole thing.

Maybe part of the issue is there's no universal list of terms and definitions used by all the tail makers, and that's fine as long as they define what it means to them so people can read it. I don't think it's fair to make a tailmaker disclose all of their materials and manufacturers. I think legally if you have a chemical product if someone asks you HAVE to provide a Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for that product, but it's like "Dragon Skin Silicone" then lists the make, possible dangers, like if you eat it in liquid form it could kill you etc. It's not fair though to expect someone to give up all their trade secrets just because you're suspicious. Stevi wouldn't even need to provide a MSDS sheet for part of a tail unless you actually bought one too. She may not even need to give one at all since she's not the producer of the chemical product, only a secondary consumer of it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    All very valid points.

i did think that they didn't have seams, but it seems that many partial silicone tails that she has made (not including Harmony's) has a side seam!
    I have nothing against fishbutts. I am even planning on getting a tail from them.

On seagirls626's tail has side seams. You can see her tail in the "Show us Your Tails Thread." Didn't Stevi say her partial tails don't have seams?
    User formerly known as "mermaidlove".

Really? It worked fine on mine, sans a few spots, but I just sent it back to get it taken in (yay zumba), I hope I get to keep my no side seams, I really like them.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony