Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts

Talking Massachusetts

Born and raised in Massachusetts, I dont live in Boston but I do love the town though and have been there for a school trip a couple of times. My favorite baseball teams are Red Sox and Marlins and my favorite football teams are Patriots and Dolphins. Is there any other merpeople that live in New England and that live near me also?

Hey Rebekah! I'm new on this channel. I've never gone swimming before in either of my 2 tails..... I'm currently out in Cambridge, but I'm from Western Mass. The berkshires, to be a little more precise.

YAY for the Massachusetts Mini-pod. <3

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    Hey Rebekah :3 I live in Colorado but I adore Massachusetts. I've been there a couple times and I have to say that deep inside it's my home. I have been to Boston, Salem and surrounding areas and remember it clearly and especially the smells, scents of the stores, ocean and more :3 If you dont mind me asking which city do you live in?

Where I live.

Hi Vinobia. Well I was born in North Adams and I just recently moved to Adams about 3 weeks ago cause we were looking for another apartment in Adams cause it is nice and peacefull here. I am a newbie at this hole thing of being a mermaid and I dont have a tail yet and never swimmed in a tail in my hole life. I would like to try to find a mer that has a tail for her self and a tail for me to try and swim in and take pics in and videos also together to see if I am going to actually like it before I buy a tail myself. Do you or you know any mer that can do this and lives near me so we can do this? Please let me know as soon as you can if you do. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

I'm a semi-cape cod mer!
    Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

I used to live in Rhode Island, RIGHT on the coast. I've (sadly) been landlocked in central Florida since late 2009, though.
    However, I'm moving back up to Amherst/NoHo this fall! If you're close, we should meet up at the Boston coastline some time. c:
    "The German Nix/Nixe/Nixie are types of river merman and mermaid who may lure men to drown,
    like the Scandinavian type, akin to the Celtic Melusine and similar to the Greek Siren.
    The German epic Nibelungenlied mentions the Nix in connection with the Danube, as early as 1180 to 1210."
    Merkind have been around for a while.

Saving for three different tails -- am broke and in college.
    C'est la vie.

I live in Mass and my Grandmother lives on Martha's Vineyard ^w^ Hooray for Massachusetts!
    My dragons:

I think North Adams is near me, although I'm in New York.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

yay for mass

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Hi PNE-Mers! I'm Mermaid Marla! I swam at Weeki Wachee for 2 1/2 years (1969-1972)... Yes I am an OLD Mer! hahaha! Hubby and I just moved into our house in Pepperell, MA, near the Hollis, NH border. We have 1400 feet of the Nissitissit River in our backyard! Its pretty shallow in lots of places, but still good to cool off in during the summer! You can Google images of it, the first few are mine. Maybe we can have a pod gathering this summer... will have to see! I'd love to meet Pod members!
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Welcome.

Hello! I'm so happy to meet some more Mass mermaids! I'm new on mernetwork, and I'm from northeastern mass. I find it super difficult to get started with mermaiding! any tips?

Hello Everyone! Born and raised in Sebago Lake area of Maine and moved down to Lowell, MA about 9 years ago.

Does anyone attend any conventions in area?

Hi SINically!

I don't know of any conventions, except the Coney Is. one, that I believe just finished. Most conventions are in the south, there is one in Tampa, FL called MerPalooza in August. I don't know if the Las Vegas event is happening this year or not.

I'm just getting back to swimming after a year hiatus, and moving to a new home. Took a while to find a new pool (it's in NH, closer to drive than my former gym in Westford) I absolutely love my new fitness center (has 3 pools) and they let me swim with fins in any of them! Perfect for mermaid exercises!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Hi SINically!

I don't know of any conventions, except the Coney Is. one, that I believe just finished. Most conventions are in the south, there is one in Tampa, FL called MerPalooza in August. I don't know if the Las Vegas event is happening this year or not.

I'm just getting back to swimming after a year hiatus, and moving to a new home. Took a while to find a new pool (it's in NH, closer to drive than my former gym in Westford) I absolutely love my new fitness center (has 3 pools) and they let me swim with fins in any of them! Perfect for mermaid exercises!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Hello Marla! Nice to meet you! YAY Hugs! I love hugs!

Oh I meant conventions in general like AnimeCon, Boston Comic Con (a convention I work for), GraniteCon, and so on. I attend a lot of the conventions in the New England area and I bring my mermaid tails and was just curious if anyone else attended them. I will be at Boston Comic Con in August with my Steampunk tail and my tail skirt. I'm also creating a brand new non-walking mermaid for GraniteCon which is in Sept. Of course I will also have my mermaid artwork with me too.

Congrats on your new home and for finding a fitness center that will let you swim! That's wonderful!
    *more mermaidy hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by SINicallyTwisted View Post
    Hello Everyone! Born and raised in Sebago Lake area of Maine and moved down to Lowell, MA about 9 years ago.

Does anyone attend any conventions in area?

Ahh!! Lowell? So close to me!! I'm in Haverhill I wish there were cons but I don't know of any

"See dude? The ocean is beautiful! You don't need to be afraid of things that are beautiful!"
    -Jake the Dog c;

Hi mermaidkatie! Haverhill! Awesome! Hello neighbor!

I attend many conventions in the New England area, not necessarily mermaid themed though. I will be at Boston Comic Con in August (a con that I work at, I run the costume contest part of the convention) and I will have both my steampunk tail and my tail skirt at that show. I will also be attending GraniteCon in Sept. where I will have a table with my mermaid artwork and I'll be showing off a new mermaid there too. You should come! It's a lot of fun and everyone is groovy cool.

@ SINicallyTwisted
    @ Mermaid Katie

You are both really close to me! Our house in Chelmsford is slowly being moved out of, but I'm there frequently. We moved to Pepperell, only 1/2 hour away! I joined a gym in NH and would love to bring you both! I can probably get a pass for both of you at the same time. The out door pool goes to 12 feet, and we most likely would have it to ourselves if we get there between 10 and 3pm. So far the club hasn't flinched with me using my fins (I don't own a monofin yet) but I inquired about swimming in a tail, and they didn't seem to be bothered about it. In fact they offered to rope off part of the outdoor pool for me so the kids on the diving board would only use their 1/2. Whadda say? It would be such fun. And the club has a restaurant for the munchies afterward!

This offer is also open to closeby mers in NH or MA, I just don't want you to drive too far for a swim, but you are all welcome! We can make arrangements as necessary! If more than two or three join me, I would have to make special arrangements with the club.

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla

PS Steampunk Mermaids are awesome... been trying to collect some static/dry costumes! Being a horsewoman and working in leather, I love the steampunk look. Maybe I can make it to the ComicCon. Need more info! This is really cool!

Welcome fellow Mass mermaid. I am in Dedham myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lasserine View Post
    Welcome fellow Mass mermaid. I am in Dedham myself.
    WOW there are more Mass Mer's than I thought... we definitely need a meet-up.... maybe SINs ComicCon, for a first meeting! Even tho its not a pool environment, we could have fun with it!

Marla is thinking hard about this.... Could happen!

Hmmm a whole pod of mers decending on the Con! What a sight that would be!

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla