Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    @ SINicallyTwisted
    @ Mermaid Katie

You are both really close to me! Our house in Chelmsford is slowly being moved out of, but I'm there frequently. We moved to Pepperell, only 1/2 hour away! I joined a gym in NH and would love to bring you both! I can probably get a pass for both of you at the same time. The out door pool goes to 12 feet, and we most likely would have it to ourselves if we get there between 10 and 3pm. So far the club hasn't flinched with me using my fins (I don't own a monofin yet) but I inquired about swimming in a tail, and they didn't seem to be bothered about it. In fact they offered to rope off part of the outdoor pool for me so the kids on the diving board would only use their 1/2. Whadda say? It would be such fun. And the club has a restaurant for the munchies afterward!

This offer is also open to closeby mers in NH or MA, I just don't want you to drive too far for a swim, but you are all welcome! We can make arrangements as necessary! If more than two or three join me, I would have to make special arrangements with the club.

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla

PS Steampunk Mermaids are awesome... been trying to collect some static/dry costumes! Being a horsewoman and working in leather, I love the steampunk look. Maybe I can make it to the ComicCon. Need more info! This is really cool!
    Wow!! A mass mermeetup would be amazing!! I would love to come swim <3 I only have a fabric tail currently ^^;; but no need to be fancy

"See dude? The ocean is beautiful! You don't need to be afraid of things that are beautiful!"
    -Jake the Dog c;

I'm so happy there are more mers around me than I thought!<3 I don't feel so lonely anymore lol

"See dude? The ocean is beautiful! You don't need to be afraid of things that are beautiful!"
    -Jake the Dog c;

I've gone to AnimeBoston before. Parking is such a pain though.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidkatie View Post
    Wow!! A mass mermeetup would be amazing!! I would love to come swim <3 I only have a fabric tail currently ^^;; but no need to be fancy
    Mermaid Katie, LOL, you are one up on me! My tail isn't done yet, so I just swim in suit and fins. It really doesn't matter, you can bring it if you like! I'm working on another bathing suit because I didn't want to spend $50-$100 on a suit to get ruined by chlorine! I still can't find a laundry soap that removes the chlorine from fabric. So I didn't want to ruin the tail I was making either. I got distracted with the new suit, and now am going to get the tail started again. I may just make the tail with the current fins I have (they are cut like my fins from Weeki), and modify it later when I get the fin design I am experimenting with finished.

PM me with what days and times work for you! Remember the best, quietest times are between 10am and 3 PM M-F. At the moment Wednesday's are not good for me, but other days are. I'd just have to check my calendar!
    WOO HOO, splish splash... a mini mer meet up!

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

What a wonderful idea! I feel like we found long lost family members! LOL

I do have one question though, would it be alright to bring my 16yr old son with me?

Mermaid Katie, LOL, you are one up on me! My tail isn't done yet, so I just swim in suit and fins. It really doesn't matter, you can bring it if you like! I'm working on another bathing suit because I didn't want to spend $50-$100 on a suit to get ruined by chlorine! I still can't find a laundry soap that removes the chlorine from fabric. So I didn't want to ruin the tail I was making either. I got distracted with the new suit, and now am going to get the tail started again. I may just make the tail with the current fins I have (they are cut like my fins from Weeki), and modify it later when I get the fin design I am experimenting with finished.

PM me with what days and times work for you! Remember the best, quietest times are between 10am and 3 PM M-F. At the moment Wednesday's are not good for me, but other days are. I'd just have to check my calendar!
    WOO HOO, splish splash... a mini mer meet up!

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla
    Where in NH is the place located?

-Jake the Dog c;

Quote Originally Posted by SINicallyTwisted View Post
    What a wonderful idea! I feel like we found long lost family members! LOL

I do have one question though, would it be alright to bring my 16yr old son with me?
    I myself am 17, actually ^^;;;

-Jake the Dog c;

Yes, bring whomever you'd like to. I just need a count for the day so I can get the pass. The fitness center is called Hampshire Hills, in Milford, NH...
    here's the website. www.hampshirehills.com

Sorry I didn't get back to you all, kinda got busy!

PM me if you want to make arrangements!

Mermaid Marla

I Pm'ed you Marla. Sorry for my lateness. I've been so busy but things will die down a bit for me after August 5th.

OK, here's the info I have for everyone, if you're interested in going.

On the 27th, I will be swimming around here at Liquid Planet Water Park in Candia, New Hampshire. I'm with a group called The New England Brethren of Pirates and I'm their guest mermaid. I 'think' there might be other mermaids but I'm not entirely sure. I had to make a quick mermaid tail and a swimmable monofin for this. Not my best work but it will have to do for now. I don't think the kids will mind and I do plan on making more swimmable tails when I have more time. Xp
    http://www.liquidplanetwaterpark.com/

Then I will be at Boston Comic Con on August 3 & 4. On Saturday August 3rd I'll be there in my Steampunk Mermaid costume and on Sunday August 4th I'll be in my Ariel Mermaid costume, the modified hoop skirt one.
    http://bostoncomiccon.com/

(I have another appearance on July 31 at Faneuil Hall in Boston, MA but I won't be appearing as a mermaid but if you want that info just in case....http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.co...est/2145419124)

And on September 28th & 29th I will be at GraniteCon in Manchester, New Hampshire. On the 28th I'll be revealing a brand new mermaid creation!
    http://www.granitecon.com/

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    Greetings, fellow Massachusetts residents! I live in Marlborough, and work in Framingham. Originally I'm from Vermont, but moved down here in about 1984. Always been near water - my family had a couple of ponds on the property, and Norwich (my hometown) is on the banks of the Connecticut River. My husband's family has a house on Cape Cod, and Marlborough is not too far from a couple of nice state parks with lakes/ponds. Of course, I always seem to be too busy to go drive to any of them to swim!

Hi everyone! I'm back from Boston Comic Con and my other events this past week! Did anyone manage to go to Boston Comic Con?

I'm starting to think of places with indoor pools to swim, once the weather and water get cooler. There is an indoor pool down in Roslindale, which on the phone at least, says they will let me swim with a monofin! An annual family membership (2 adults, 3 kids) is $50! (The MetroWest YMCA costs 3 times that, and says no monofins )

Hello SINicallyTwisted!
    I saw you at Boston Comic Con this year... your steampunk tail was so beautiful and really made me want to become a mermaid... I had thought about it for a while but you inspired me! Glad to know there are mermaids out here in MA!
    User formerly known as "MarissaAlice".
    - Mermaid Lyra

Hello to everyone! I'm new to the community! Just starting out. Still looking for a tail and everything! I am very excited to see that there are mermaids near me and I think this is so awesome like we have our own pod
    - Mermaid Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaAlice View Post
    Hello SINicallyTwisted!
    I saw you at Boston Comic Con this year... your steampunk tail was so beautiful and really made me want to become a mermaid... I had thought about it for a while but you inspired me! Glad to know there are mermaids out here in MA!
    Awesome! Did you make it both days of Boston Comic Con? YAY! I'm happy to hear that I inspired you! *hugs* Are you going to come to GraniteCon this weekend? I'll be showing off a brand new mermaid creation on Saturday. hehehe

Here's the link for more info.
    http://granitecon.com/

Awesome! Did you make it both days of Boston Comic Con? YAY! I'm happy to hear that I inspired you! *hugs* Are you going to come to GraniteCon this weekend? I'll be showing off a brand new mermaid creation on Saturday. hehehe

Hi SIN,

I'm going to try and make Sunday! Wish I had a costume to wear, would be fun to join in! All my stuff is still packed or being packed, or somewhere in the Chelmsford house, quite disorganized! I'm driving longer distances now, so I can make it drive-wise. Have to see how the head feels after my Saturday get-together in Boston with friends I haven't seen for a year! We are going to the Carousel, then a trip into the Aquarium! Should be a nice day!

Hope to see you Sunday!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla

Hi SIN,

I'm going to try and make Sunday! Wish I had a costume to wear, would be fun to join in! All my stuff is still packed or being packed, or somewhere in the Chelmsford house, quite disorganized! I'm driving longer distances now, so I can make it drive-wise. Have to see how the head feels after my Saturday get-together in Boston with friends I haven't seen for a year! We are going to the Carousel, then a trip into the Aquarium! Should be a nice day!

Hope to see you Sunday!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Squee! I hope you can make it! If you can make it I'll be at my table #919, right down the aisle from the New England Brethern of Pirates. Unfortunately I won't be wearing the new mermaid costume on Sunday though. Sunday I'll be wearing a mermaid cross over costume so I can walk around and see the show. I try to make one day a tail day and the other a walking day. Sunday I'll be dressed up as Sailor Moon Ariel. I don't know if I should post that costume here as it's not a tail costume but I will definitely post pics of the new mermaid costume for sure. I was tempted to make an album to put my mermaid artwork in it but I'm not sure if that would be allowed here either. I'm still learning the site as best as I can with what little down time I get. Eep.

I feel absolutely terrible that I haven't been able to meet up with anyone this summer due to the rain and being so busy with conventions. There's just not enough time in a day to do everything I would like to do.

I love the Aquarium! My gosh it's been a while since I've gone there. I really need to fix that ASAP! Hrmmmm...what about a MA Mermaid Meet Up at the Aquarium some day? Weekends are easier for me.

OH! Did you get my wall message I posted on your profile? I hope I did that right. LOL Just wanted to pop in and give ya some mermaidy love.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaAlice View Post
    Hello to everyone! I'm new to the community! Just starting out. Still looking for a tail and everything! I am very excited to see that there are mermaids near me and I think this is so awesome like we have our own pod
    Hi MarissaAlice! You should start a new thread and introduce yourself here: http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdis...oduce-Yourself

I'd be interested in a meet-up at the Aquarium - I haven't been there in god's own age, either! Weekends are good for me, too.

Sadly no..
    I'm in Ireland for the next two weeks working at the Mermaid Arts Centre in Bray.. (its just an arts centre though I wish they had more to do with mermaids here!)

I will be going to Rhode Island comic con though! Steampunk as well! I am so excited!
    - Mermaid Lyra