Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SINicallyTwisted View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be wearing the new mermaid costume on Sunday though.
    That's ok, but I would love to see the new costume anyway! But only if you have it there, otherwise I can just vicariously enjoy your pix!

Sunday I'll be wearing a mermaid cross over costume so I can walk around and see the show.... I was tempted to make an album to put my mermaid artwork in it but I'm not sure if that would be allowed here either. I'm still learning the site....
    You have to be comfy! A walk around costume is much easier to deal with! I think you can make an album of any of your stuff. Not sure, but why not? If the Admins don't like it you can take it down, but I would love to see more of your work!

I feel absolutely terrible that I haven't been able to meet up with anyone this summer due to the rain and being so busy with conventions. There's just not enough time in a day to do everything I would like to do.
    Oh geez, not to worry, we can still swim at the gym all Fall and Winter! If you want, the pool is open until 10pm, I think, and it's really quiet!

I love the Aquarium! My gosh it's been a while since I've gone there. I really need to fix that ASAP! Hrmmmm...what about a MA Mermaid Meet Up at the Aquarium some day? Weekends are easier for me.
    I was thinking the same thing! A MA Mermaid Meet-Up would be fabulous... http://www.neaq.org/ I know ppl can get discounted passes at their local library. I'm going to look into a membership again, just because! New England Aquarium, just reopened their central tank, all new stuff. It will be a wonderful visit. I would def go again!

OH! Did you get my wall message I posted on your profile? I hope I did that right. LOL Just wanted to pop in and give ya some mermaidy love.
    Squeeeee! Yes, it's there! I am really bad at responding! I forget to look at the notifications! We HAVE to get together sometime, even if it's not at the Boston Aquarium!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaAlice View Post
    Sadly no..
    I'm in Ireland for the next two weeks working at the Mermaid Arts Centre in Bray.. (its just an arts centre though I wish they had more to do with mermaids here!)

I will be going to Rhode Island comic con though! Steampunk as well! I am so excited!
    Welcome MarissaAlice!

Oh how nice to travel to Ireland, never been there! Someday...

Nice to have another Mer in our New England pod. SIN and I are trying to get together, and I know there are some other local Mers, too. I have a membership to a great gym and pool club in Milford NH, Hampshire Hills Fitness. (two outdoor pools, and two indoor) They have all kinds of stuff going on there. I asked one time about using monofins, and my tail... they said no problem, there's even a Freeswimming club that comes in to practice sitting on the bottom, holding their breath!.

I've made the offer before to any of our pod. Just getting it co-ordinated! LOL, so all I have to do is get guest passes, and we can have a great time swimming together! I probably can arrange a special event so the pool is just available for us, with a lifeguard. I have to look into that.

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla

Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    I'd be interested in a meet-up at the Aquarium - I haven't been there in god's own age, either! Weekends are good for me, too.
    Hi Echinacea!

We should all figure out how to contact each other, or start a thread here, to find out how many Mers would be interested in going. It would be great if we could get a pod together and have some fun at the Aquarium and eats nearby!

I know they just opened the center tank in July after a huge remake! I haven't been in many years either, so its about time!

We could even do a car-pool because Boston parking is notorious for being bad.

Food for thought!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 's
    Mermaid Marla

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Welcome MarissaAlice!

Oh how nice to travel to Ireland, never been there! Someday...

Nice to have another Mer in our New England pod. SIN and I are trying to get together, and I know there are some other local Mers, too. I have a membership to a great gym and pool club in Milford NH, Hampshire Hills Fitness. (two outdoor pools, and two indoor) They have all kinds of stuff going on there. I asked one time about using monofins, and my tail... they said no problem, there's even a Freeswimming club that comes in to practice sitting on the bottom, holding their breath!.

I've made the offer before to any of our pod. Just getting it co-ordinated! LOL, so all I have to do is get guest passes, and we can have a great time swimming together! I probably can arrange a special event so the pool is just available for us, with a lifeguard. I have to look into that.

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    MerMarla,
    Any meetup sounds awesome! Id love to swim with other mers!
    User formerly known as "MarissaAlice".
    - Mermaid Lyra

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    Marissa, where are you in Massachusetts?

Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    Marissa, where are you in Massachusetts?
    Up by Nashua NH in a town called pepperell
    User formerly known as "MarissaAlice".
    - Mermaid Lyra

Ah, then you and MerMarla are practically neighbors!

Hello everyone! My current permanent home is in Groton, MA, though I am currently living at school near New Bedford. I am rather shocked by the fact that some of you are so close to my hometown (as close as the next town over).

I am just starting out on the site and IRL so it is nice to meet you all and it's good know that I am not alone in this interest!

Welcome to MerNetwork! Always glad to see new faces!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Viatrix View Post
    ...I am just starting out on the site and IRL so it is nice to meet you all and it's good know that I am not alone in this interest!
    I know, it's surprising, right? We are everywhere! Welcome!

Hi MarissaAlice, I am, indeed, in Pepperell! Wow a Mer in my town! Woo Hoo! Our ranch is on 1400 feet of the Nissitissit River, abutting our land. I would love to get in contact with you! So cool!

PM me and I will get you an address and phone number should you want to visit! Woo Hoo!

Viatrix, Welcome to our Mass Pod! We all could get together up at my gym in NH, they have great pools, two indoor, two outdoor (I think the outdoor one's are closed for the season now, but not sure). Swimming in monofins or tails is not a problem! WOW I am impressed there are two more Mer's close to me! Same holds true for you, just PM me if you want to get in touch!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Last edited by MerMarla; 09-30-2013 at 08:21 PM.

I live in Lowell, MA but Nashua, NH is only a 15min drive from me plus I also work in Manchester, NH

Hi and welcome new mers! I pop in and out of here quite a bit so sometimes it takes me a while to respond but I am trying to keep on that as best as I can.

I attend many conventions and events and (after mooooonths of discussions) I just agreed to join a pirate group here in New England called The New England Brethren of Pirates. I've known the owner for years and appeared with his group a few times to help them out sooooo yeah it was just a matter of time that I made it official. Anyways they do many conventions and events for different charities, so I just made my busy schedule even more busier! Eep! LOL (I work on artwork & costumes and my day job is working at a comic book store.)

Marla, my work schedule changed a bit until December so weekends work best for me but I may also be able to swing a week day if needed.

Thanks for the welcome! I will sadly be busy and without transportation until the semester ends but during winter break it would be neat to meet some of you (particularly my neighbors in Pepperell since you are less than 10 minutes from my home). I am also planning on going to Boston comicon this coming year so perhaps I will get the opportunity to meet some you then!

Just wanted to swing by and introduce everyone to my new pirate family, well I say new because I just now joined up with them even though I've known them for quite a while but anyways they're really great people and they do lots of awesome charities such as what Brandon (Captain Jack) mentioned.

At Boston Comic Con in August, they raised money to help one of the victims from the Boston Marathon Bombings with his medical expenses! \m/ BOSTON STRONG! \m/

So yeah here's my pirate family and if you see them at events swing by and say hi! Gotta run for now! I actually have to work on a mermaid costume for this group so they can officially announce me as a member.

*EDIT - Apparently Brandon didn't want to wait until the costume was finished so he's announced me already. Also my hubby and son want to join the group so now I have to come up with 2 more costumes for them.

FYI - My name in the group will be Nightshade Red! XD

And if anyone is interested here is their fb fan page.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-E...42316032551941

Last edited by SINicallyTwisted; 10-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Is anyone going to Rhode Island Comic Con or Supermegafest in November?

anyone from NYC here?

I think Rose Lanai is in NYC, or close by, and Pearlie Mae is in NJ. I believe there are several mers who get together at Coney Island. Try checking the member map, that may give some more names. Welcome to MerNetwork!

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Lustig View Post
    anyone from NYC here?
    Lanai is from the city. I'm in Orange County, and there are a few other mers further upstate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Lustig View Post
    anyone from NYC here?
    I'm relatively nearby in lower Connecticut. Sasha is in NYC but I don't know if she's still around here, per se (Come to think of it, I think I remember her actually leaving).