Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What to expect with your first tail

Really?? I find them comfortable and really useful for swimming with a silicone tail.

Of course, I got some looks when I was wearing one in one of my last public swims in a pool but I didn't bother much. I wear my thong underneath the swim trunks I use and once I'm ready to transform into a merman, I take it off (the swim trunks, not the thong lol!). Then I sit on my towel, start lubbing my legs and then I put one foot after another inside my tail. Even though some kids were watching, nobody had a problem with that, not even the lifeguards.

It's not like I was showing off my bubble butt on purpose

I am gathering you would need to be somewhere private in order to put your tail on so no one would see your thong *shifty eyes*

That's the best idea ever! Thanks Arion and Raina.

I'll make sure that I get mine super suctioned around the waist and even a blended waist so if does gape it won't be so bad.

Thank you everyone

A little pun for eveyone

Name:  keep-calm-and-wear-a-thong-13.png
Views: 3108
Size:  44.4 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

So, theoretically, going commando in a silicone tail would help the tail fit better, right?

Lol. I'm sorry, I stepped over the line there.

But I don't wear bottoms under my tail (I'm good at "deck changing" from having done waterpolo, so I've never flashed anyone by downstairs on accident... my top, now that's a different story, lol) because they leave a "line" (since my tail is only fabric right now). I mean, I wouldn't do it with a thin, single layer spandex tail, but since there's three layers on my tail (the top one being this stretch crushed panne stuff I got at joanns on sale, so it's pretty thick). So I guess I was wondering if this would be a beneficial habit I could continue with after I finished the silicone one, or a bad idea.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Might as well try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    So, theoretically, going commando in a silicone tail would help the tail fit better, right?

But I don't wear bottoms under my tail (I'm good at "deck changing" from having done waterpolo, so I've never flashed anyone by downstairs on accident... my top, now that's a different story, lol) because they leave a "line" (since my tail is only fabric right now). I mean, I wouldn't do it with a thin, single layer spandex tail, but since there's three layers on my tail (the top one being this stretch crushed panne stuff I got at joanns on sale, so it's pretty thick). So I guess I was wondering if this would be a beneficial habit I could continue with after I finished the silicone one, or a bad idea.
    If we can't see through the fabric, I don't see why not

another idea is to go with underwear, but wear a fishing net belt or something? It would help cover the vpl

Edit: I now see that's already been mentioned.. oh well. Belts are good though
    Last edited by OceanWhisper; 03-17-2015 at 03:59 AM.
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I've always wondered if anyone's worn a tail naked. Obviously you'd have to find a very private place to put it on or be at a home pool or something like that. But I always wondered how it felt...

Actually I just realised I have a swimmer bottom that unties at the sides. I could very easily just untie that once the tail is on and slip it off... I know what I'm doing when I get my new tail Then there's just the matter of getting it back on...
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 03-17-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I am having a funny image of Arion lubing up his butt cheeks to squeeze into his tail...
    Formerly known as ireneho

Omg guys >.<
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    Omg guys >.<
    Have you seen Arion's butt cheeks?

Hubba hubba!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Have you seen Arion's butt cheeks?

Hubba hubba!
    LOL

I'm just gonna leave this here then

Name:  image (3).jpg
Views: 672
Size:  73.0 KB

And by the way, Oprah approves

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    LOL

I'm just gonna leave this here then

Name:  image (3).jpg
Views: 672
Size:  73.0 KB

And by the way, Oprah approves

I'm just sad my butt's never going to look that good. But, on the plus side, you are sharing it with us, so, that's definitely a perk. (pun partially intended)
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

That's a great idea Selene, now I'm on the hunt for side ties bikini thongs *search*

Geez there needs to be some optional censors for covering pictures or at least a warning! Still a cracker No pun intended.

All I was asking was how to fix the gaping and its totally turned it something wild now! Oh geeeeez *covers eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Selene View Post
    I've always wondered if anyone's worn a tail naked. Obviously you'd have to find a very private place to put it on or be at a home pool or something like that. But I always wondered how it felt...

Actually I just realised I have a swimmer bottom that unties at the sides. I could very easily just untie that once the tail is on and slip it off... I know what I'm doing when I get my new tail Then there's just the matter of getting it back on...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

There it is again!
    HUBBA HUBBA!!!

once again, omg.

Quote Originally Posted by auroraspirit View Post
    That's a great idea Selene, now I'm on the hunt for side ties bikini thongs *search*

Geez there needs to be some optional censors for covering pictures or at least a warning! Still a cracker No pun intended.

All I was asking was how to fix the gaping and its totally turned it something wild now! Oh geeeeez *covers eyes*
    Well, at least, I got you smiling. You will be in a good mood for the whole day hehe

Now that I did my part, I shall leave to work.

Have a nice day everyone (or evening, that works well too.)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Cataleya's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Cataleya on Facebook
    Can you please explain to me further more in detail about the cleaning

Is it 1/4 cup baking soda to how much water does it soak in? and is this amount Ok for spandex fabric tails? and how do you go about washing them after the soaking, how long do they soak for.

the part below is what I am talking about.

"A few more to add!

• Tails are not invincible. No tail maker claims they are. Even a super expensive silicone tail will wear out over time, EVEN when you take good care of it. Typical things that can happen with silicone are minor holes and tears from pulling it on. They can be EASILY fixed with the right kind of silicone or dragonskin so that they can't be seen. (Trust me, I ding up my tail from time to time, fix it on my own, and nobody can tell anything- nothing to photoshop out)
    • CHLORINE WILL DAMAGE YOUR TAIL EVEN IF IT'S EXPENSIVE. Chlorine eats away at EVERYTHING so be sure to wash your tail with 1/4 baking soda or other alkaline substance to clear out the chlorine. Let it soak, and dry it properly. You should wash it right away.
    • TAILS CAN GET MOLDY. Even when you clean them and take good care of them. Sometimes, you cant get the mold out, but you can kill it. Vinegar is a great thing to use to kill mold, and stop it from spreading. How I clean mold when I get it: leave it soaking in vinegar for a few minutes, then use a toothbrush to gently scrub it away from the lining. I always try to dry my tail to prevent mold, but sometimes it can't be prevented.
    • Extra fins and dorsals are typically fragile regardless of what they're made of. They tend to be thinner, and are attached, so they have a higher chance of getting snagged on something. (I coat mine in a light film of vaseline or oil when I do photoshoots etc so they don't snag on anything, and I always tell kids not to pull on them)
    • Latex doesn't bond to silicone. So if you're ever attempting to fix your tail, don't put one on top of the other. It'll go all peely. However, if you're repairing the inside of your own neoprene+latex tail, you could use a silicone caulking to glue the inside of the fluke down."
    "In the depth in find our soul, in darkness we find our true self. "

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it's better to look up cleaning instructions for whatever fabric yours is made out of. if it's spandex just google "how to clean spandex"

Quote Originally Posted by PaWaterFish View Post
    Can you please explain to me further more in detail about the cleaning

Is it 1/4 cup baking soda to how much water does it soak in? and is this amount Ok for spandex fabric tails? and how do you go about washing them after the soaking, how long do they soak for.

the part below is what I am talking about.

"A few more to add!

• Tails are not invincible. No tail maker claims they are. Even a super expensive silicone tail will wear out over time, EVEN when you take good care of it. Typical things that can happen with silicone are minor holes and tears from pulling it on. They can be EASILY fixed with the right kind of silicone or dragonskin so that they can't be seen. (Trust me, I ding up my tail from time to time, fix it on my own, and nobody can tell anything- nothing to photoshop out)
    • CHLORINE WILL DAMAGE YOUR TAIL EVEN IF IT'S EXPENSIVE. Chlorine eats away at EVERYTHING so be sure to wash your tail with 1/4 baking soda or other alkaline substance to clear out the chlorine. Let it soak, and dry it properly. You should wash it right away.
    • TAILS CAN GET MOLDY. Even when you clean them and take good care of them. Sometimes, you cant get the mold out, but you can kill it. Vinegar is a great thing to use to kill mold, and stop it from spreading. How I clean mold when I get it: leave it soaking in vinegar for a few minutes, then use a toothbrush to gently scrub it away from the lining. I always try to dry my tail to prevent mold, but sometimes it can't be prevented.
    • Extra fins and dorsals are typically fragile regardless of what they're made of. They tend to be thinner, and are attached, so they have a higher chance of getting snagged on something. (I coat mine in a light film of vaseline or oil when I do photoshoots etc so they don't snag on anything, and I always tell kids not to pull on them)
    • Latex doesn't bond to silicone. So if you're ever attempting to fix your tail, don't put one on top of the other. It'll go all peely. However, if you're repairing the inside of your own neoprene+latex tail, you could use a silicone caulking to glue the inside of the fluke down."
    I soak my tails in wetsuit wash, then rinse thoroughly and dry in shade.

Okay I have a question. There is a ton of info about putting your tail on, but what about taking it off? Fabric, silicone, etc?