Quote Originally Posted by Weaslet View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread but j have a quick question.... I made my first fabric tail this week based on sasha's YouTube video. It seemed pretty tight. However I tested it in the pool last night and it stretched a lot! When I swim the water pulls on it so you get ballooning on one side and you can see the legs through it on the other. Should I take it in so it is really, really tight when it is dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My fabric tail is really tight on me (not uncomfortably so, but you can tell it's stretching a bit) but I had no problem at all with stretching in the water or ballooning, everything stayed nicely where it was supposed to be (maybe a tiny bit of gaping at the back) You can see some footage here (won't work on mobile devices I'm sorry). Did the fabric go back to the original size afterwards or stay stretched out? Because if it stayed stretched out it doesn't sound like very good quality fabric and will likely just continue to stretch out, no matter how much you take it in. If it does snap back then you should be right just taking it it. Also remember to leave your tail open at the bottom of the fluke so water can drain