Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips on Measuring for a Tail

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaslet View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but j have a quick question.... I made my first fabric tail this week based on sasha's YouTube video. It seemed pretty tight. However I tested it in the pool last night and it stretched a lot! When I swim the water pulls on it so you get ballooning on one side and you can see the legs through it on the other. Should I take it in so it is really, really tight when it is dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My fabric tail is really tight on me (not uncomfortably so, but you can tell it's stretching a bit) but I had no problem at all with stretching in the water or ballooning, everything stayed nicely where it was supposed to be (maybe a tiny bit of gaping at the back) You can see some footage here (won't work on mobile devices I'm sorry). Did the fabric go back to the original size afterwards or stay stretched out? Because if it stayed stretched out it doesn't sound like very good quality fabric and will likely just continue to stretch out, no matter how much you take it in. If it does snap back then you should be right just taking it it. Also remember to leave your tail open at the bottom of the fluke so water can drain

Ok thanks, it's not quite dry yet but I'll try it on and check when it is. Fingers crossed!
    The bottom of the tail has a couple of zips, but there is a gap between them and at each corner to let the water out. Hope it is enough.
    Might make some quick alterations before I fly out to the Red Sea tomorrow.

Picture was before I put the zips in and tidied up the corners, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaslet View Post
    Ok thanks, it's not quite dry yet but I'll try it on and check when it is. Fingers crossed!
    The bottom of the tail has a couple of zips, but there is a gap between them and at each corner to let the water out. Hope it is enough.
    Might make some quick alterations before I fly out to the Red Sea tomorrow.

That tail is gorgeous!

Many thanks . Just hope it works!

Thank you so much Iona!! That's exactly the answer I needed <3 Now to persuade my friend on Sunday that she wants one too and we can order together - squeak! (She's massively enthusiastic now I've told her about my mermaiding dreams, but I think money might be an issue. We shall see!)

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest MermaidCrystall's Avatar
    Add MermaidCrystall on Facebook
    Visit MermaidCrystall's Youtube Channel
    I'm in process of ordering my tail from the Mertailor. I've had my hubby measure me twice with different numbers. But my question is.. If my hips are a 35 1/2... Do I just put down 35 or include the 1/2 inch. I hope I'm making sense. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Mabb View Post
    I'm in process of ordering my tail from the Mertailor. I've had my hubby measure me twice with different numbers. But my question is.. If my hips are a 35 1/2... Do I just put down 35 or include the 1/2 inch. I hope I'm making sense. ....
    Include the 1/2. Though if he's done it twice, I'd suggest doing it again until the numbers are the same. Maybe even go to a professional seamstress to measure you.

Great post! I am about to buy a Mertailor tail and I have a question, though it might sound silly:

The fact that all the length measurements are supposed to start from the belly button does it mean that the tail itself will be up to the belly button? What if I would like to have it lower? Or are the two things not related and they simply need to know at what height your belly button is so that they can make the tail fit to the right height (which in my head should be lower than the belly button)?

I hope I've made myself clear.
    I gave a piece to my mother
    I gave a piece to my man
    I gave a piece to the rockstar
    He took the good stuff and ran

My maker told me not to press my legs together and just have them stay natrual? i'm still waiting for it so can't tell how it will fit yet

An email is still the best option for marketers today. buy instagram account reddit It can be very effective in introducing new products to customers and sharing relevant content. With email marketing, you can reward your loyal customers and repeat customers with valuable discounts and offers. This method is cost-effective, and the results are easily measurable, allowing you to make the most of your marketing campaign. Here are some benefits of email marketing. google voice bulk Read on to discover why your business should consider it.