Thread: Little girl's mermaid tail is stolen

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Little girl's mermaid tail is stolen

I was so upset today when I came across this article. I wish there was contact info, I'd send her mom all the websites for tails, and if I had any money to my name right now I'd buy this kid a new tail! Who does something so awful? geesh! http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-back/1723798/

Mia wearing the mermaid tail which was stolen later from her backyard. CONTRIBUTED MERMAID Mia wants to get her tail back.
    The mermaid-obsessed eight-year-old Mia Ainslie and her family have pleaded with thieves to return a much-loved Christmas present taken from their backyard.
    All Mia wanted for Christmas was the pretend mermaid tail pool toy to transform her into one of the princesses of the sea.
    But when the family woke on Wednesday, it was no longer sitting by the pool where it belonged.
    Mia's mum Kristy Ainslie believed thieves or teenagers looking for a laugh climbed the fence at their Sippy Downs property and stole the tail.
    The home backs on to the lakes and Kristy believes the thieves spotted Mia's pool toy and took it for fun.
    "The mermaid tails are really hard to find, and it was all Mia wanted for Christmas," Kristy said.
    "We have a saltwater pool so we always washed it out after she used it and leaned it against the back of the house.
    "It was horrible to find it was missing. We searched the area near the lakes and all throughout the house, but it is just not here.
    "If the thieves can just throw it back over the fence, we would be so grateful. I wake up every morning expecting to see it. Mia is only eight and she doesn't understand what is going on."
    The Ainslie family have put up a banner on their fence pleading for the mermaid tail's return.
    "I suppose the kids have learnt a lesson about how it feels when something is
    taken and the importance of respecting other people's property," she said.
    "But it will be costly to replace and I hope the thieves can find it in their hearts to return it and bring the smile back to my daughter's face."

Chesapeake Pod
    I wish there was someway I could contact the family, I would make this little girl a very special tail, though I know it could never replace her first one, for the tiny cost of materials. I feel so sorry for her! I can't imagine being without my tail T-T
    I just wish there was someway to contact them!!
    Last edited by Mermaid Saphira; 01-21-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

That's so sad... I hope the thieves return it.

Update: Lexi and I found her mom on FB (we think) and both sent her messages. Lexi is willing to replace the tail, and I've also had offers from other tail makers too. Some people contacted the newspaper directly to let them know. I just hope the mom gets the messages since FB will put messages from strangers into the "other" folder. So someone should be able to track her down somehow and get her a new tail.

I love that within minutes of me posting this here and on FB people were rushing in with solutions! THIS is what we need more of in the mermaid community!

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ Oh shoot, I wanted to contact her but I am facebook less >.>
    Somemer mind putting in a word for me, pretty please? with a cherry on top?
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Poor girl! That's terrible! I would replace it for her if I had the money. I'm just so glad that we have such a wonderful and kind community.
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

OOOh! What a sad story! Who would do such a thing? 0_o

there really are horrible and pathetic people in this world.
    WHO THE HELL STEALS A MERMAID TAIL?!?!
    ugh, i hope this poor little girl gets another tail. maybe she can even get a better one!!!

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

I really hope she'll get a new tail soon, something like that can really hurt someone so young.

That is really horrible maybe she will get a new mermaid tail for free.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I hope everything works out with her getting a new tail!
    Maybe when she gets a new one, she should keep it inside? So whoever took the last one can't take the new one.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Sippy downs is like an hour north from me. It's really sad that someone would do this to a child
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    That's just terrible. I hate people sometimes. I'm glad people are already willing to make her a free tail, I would myself as well. This is such a great community!

Wow, this is sad Hopefully she'll have a new tail soon. I wish I had the funds to make one for her
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

That is so sad!! I feel bad for the little one
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

i saw this recenlty: "Mia’s mermaid tail was in our backyard this morning - obviously thrown back over by someone. Mia was over-the-moon excited to have it back – she wanted to get straight into the pool. Mia is sooo keen to get back into the pool to play ‘mermaids’ again.I’m so glad that we no longer have a ‘missing’ tail! Mermaid Mia is back in one piece!!"

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Yaaaayy!!! Glad the thief came around

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    What a horrid story, people are so cruel, but i am so glad she got her tail back

Little girl's mermaid tail is stolen

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLanai View Post
    i saw this recenlty: "Mia’s mermaid tail was in our backyard this morning - obviously thrown back over by someone. Mia was over-the-moon excited to have it back – she wanted to get straight into the pool. Mia is sooo keen to get back into the pool to play ‘mermaids’ again.I’m so glad that we no longer have a ‘missing’ tail! Mermaid Mia is back in one piece!!"
    Do we have a source for this? I'd love to be able to share it!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

that's so awesome!!!!!