Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A very dissatisfied mermaid and allow me to tell you why!

Okay, let me explain this. I don't want to make anyone upset but I have every right to be pissed off and demanding a refund. When I originally placed my order, I knew EXACTLY what I was ordering. I knew it was an alex tail...I've made a few myself. I know that they aren't made for extended amounts of prolonged water time. I understand this completely however I have made tails with Alex and never had the problems I had with the tail I received. The DAY that it shipped out...she emailed me and said it was STILL curing...she packaged it wet and sent it to me...I got it here and it still was tacky and wet...I had to lay it out the day before in a warm environment to even PRAY that it would work. I got to site the next day and everything seemed okay. Got in the water and it literally came apart, the latex just shelffed off like it was dead skin in 6 to 9 inch patches! THATS why I'm upset. I understand why tailmakers don't offer refunds...I completely understand that however this wasn't a case of resizing or color changing or that I just didn't LIKE it. THe product was flawed...faulty...it came apart. Don't sell me an IPhone that doesn't work that's supposed to brand new from the store!!! Its the same thing. It should have been an exchange...instead I PAID for a PARTIAL silicone... yes a PARTIAL...when now she's offering for less than what I have paid into her a FULL silicone tail for her "sale". THAT is why I am upset. I am in every legal right to persue this in a court of law if I decide to go that route. I don't want to do that though. I expect a timely response to my email and I expect a product delievered or a refund issued. I'm not pissed at Stevi because trust me, I know she's under a LOT of stress going on right now. I own a business as well...I do custom commissions as a home business as well...but you can't crank out mass produced items over night. Honestly, what she is doing is digging herself into a grave. She needs to quit taking orders to focus on her home life. That would be the smart thing to do. My tail isn't back ordered because of the Oceanika fin either...I still have the original effed up tail with my oceanika fin...there is NO excuse why I shouldn't have this product hanging on my stand right now other than the fact that she's overwhelemed with whatever she's got going on. I'm sorry she's going through a tough time right now but this isn't preschool...she's in a big pond with much bigger fish. It would be in her best interests to take some time to gather herself and get back on her feet as needed. I respect her for all that she has done and is trying to do but she's just making matters worse by not communicating effectively with her customers.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I can understand how frustrated people must be getting with the Constant delays from Fish Butts, But I can tell you that the product is worth the price. I just wish I could go to Colorado and help her with them. I'm actually considering different ways I could aid her, but nothing solid, yet.
    It's sad that she's having problems getting all the tails out. I wish she would just slow it down and take only 5 orders at a time. that would make things so much easier on everyone. Then, maybe when she gets back on her feet, She could get a little more help with the construction process.
    Until she gets to that point, I think she's going to keep struggling.
    I would like to point out, however, that she is doing things to the best of her ability, and even the best of the best can get overwhelmed and bogged down by mistakes they've made.
    Just because she needs more help than she is able to acquire does not make her a bad person.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I did write a very firm email to Rose a few moments ago and I'm hoping I get some sort of turn around. It was brought to my attention that Stevi is down with a sickness right now. I'm not trying to sound like a witch at all...I never accused Stevi of stealing money from anyone. Honestly, she came highly recommended by several people. That is why I went with her. I understand that life throws your curve balls...I know it does...Hell I've got a few myself I'm trying to deal with right now. We all have things going on in our lives that can cause slip ups and hiccups in our lives and in businesses. I'm not blaming her for anything that has happened to her, I am honestly praying for her that she has the strength to get through all of this mess. Her heart is in the right place, I just think life has dealt her a hand that she can't fight back with right now. I don't want anyone to think that what I was trying to do was to get people to not buy from her because that's not it at all. I genuinely believe that people make mistakes and that there are issues beyond human control. Please don't let my situation sway you in any way shape or form. There have been lots of people who have ordered from her that are happy. Just because my situation poses a major problem, doesn't mean that it will happen to you. I really hope that my situation will be settled and I can move on from this. My situation stems from possibly losing a contract and other parts of my business will be affected by it as well...A business that makes me a years salary in one month! So I have a lot more on the line to lose than just being without a tail... I'll be without a house and be without food on my table if I lose my contract! I'm a little frusterated with the situation at hand but this situation is between Stevi and myself. It shouldn't affect anyones outlook on their tail orders or future ordering from her! I just wanted to get that out there. I'm not trying to be malicious in any of this. This is supposed to be a forum and a place to be able to express your opinions about the community including vendors and that is what I was doing. Entitled to my opinions and my feelings. We are a community and in the end of it all, we should be helping her in any way that we can. I hope things work out for her and hope that my situation is resovled as quickly as possible.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Okay, let me explain this. I don't want to make anyone upset but I have every right to be pissed off and demanding a refund. When I originally placed my order, I knew EXACTLY what I was ordering. I knew it was an alex tail...I've made a few myself. I know that they aren't made for extended amounts of prolonged water time. I understand this completely however I have made tails with Alex and never had the problems I had with the tail I received. The DAY that it shipped out...she emailed me and said it was STILL curing...she packaged it wet and sent it to me...I got it here and it still was tacky and wet...I had to lay it out the day before in a warm environment to even PRAY that it would work. I got to site the next day and everything seemed okay. Got in the water and it literally came apart, the latex just shelffed off like it was dead skin in 6 to 9 inch patches! THATS why I'm upset. I understand why tailmakers don't offer refunds...I completely understand that however this wasn't a case of resizing or color changing or that I just didn't LIKE it. THe product was flawed...faulty...it came apart. Don't sell me an IPhone that doesn't work that's supposed to brand new from the store!!! Its the same thing. It should have been an exchange...instead I PAID for a PARTIAL silicone... yes a PARTIAL...when now she's offering for less than what I have paid into her a FULL silicone tail for her "sale". THAT is why I am upset. I am in every legal right to persue this in a court of law if I decide to go that route. I don't want to do that though. I expect a timely response to my email and I expect a product delievered or a refund issued. I'm not pissed at Stevi because trust me, I know she's under a LOT of stress going on right now. I own a business as well...I do custom commissions as a home business as well...but you can't crank out mass produced items over night. Honestly, what she is doing is digging herself into a grave. She needs to quit taking orders to focus on her home life. That would be the smart thing to do. My tail isn't back ordered because of the Oceanika fin either...I still have the original effed up tail with my oceanika fin...there is NO excuse why I shouldn't have this product hanging on my stand right now other than the fact that she's overwhelemed with whatever she's got going on. I'm sorry she's going through a tough time right now but this isn't preschool...she's in a big pond with much bigger fish. It would be in her best interests to take some time to gather herself and get back on her feet as needed. I respect her for all that she has done and is trying to do but she's just making matters worse by not communicating effectively with her customers.
    I think you're totally valid and justified in your complaint and all your points you make. I hope you get a resolution soon and it works out well for both of you. I wasn't trying to discredit anything you said, because I could tell just from what you wrote there wasn't exactly anything different you could have done on your end. I just used the opportunity to point out another perspective. Like I said in my original post: it's no excuse. I can't defend the situation or her choices. You are perfectly reasonable in your frustration and whatever action you choose to take.

Nobody here is accusing her of being a bad person and where you might have gotten that I'm not sure. I'm not trying to cause any sort of uproar or drama and I'm not even sure why anyone would go and do that. Wasn't me! I honestly have spent most of my day working on homework or hanging out with my husband and daughter. I don't have time for drama. So please don't think that I am trying to cut her down or make people think she's a horrible person because she can't get orders out. I agree that she needs to take a step back. She's WAY overwhelmed and she's bitten off more than she can chew of the mermaid fruit. Start slow...grow...baby steps...That is one reason why I haven't started making tails and selling them because I know my product is good but I'm not about to start mass marketing myself. Eric had that problem and he lost a LOT of customers because of crap product... Talk about some serious wait time...a very good friend of mine bought 1 tail from him....literally took 10 months to get it! So...yeah definatley not in that boat! But honestly, people just need to quit jumping to conclusions. This is between me and Stevi and we will get it all worked out. I don't have anything against her nor do I hold any hostility towards her. That's not what this is about. This was simply a place for me to rant about why I'm pissed off about the product that was supposed to have been delievered after a faulty one was supplied. That is ALL this was ever about.

I did write a very firm email to Rose a few moments ago and I'm hoping I get some sort of turn around. It was brought to my attention that Stevi is down with a sickness right now. I'm not trying to sound like a witch at all...I never accused Stevi of stealing money from anyone. Honestly, she came highly recommended by several people. That is why I went with her. I understand that life throws your curve balls...I know it does...Hell I've got a few myself I'm trying to deal with right now. We all have things going on in our lives that can cause slip ups and hiccups in our lives and in businesses. I'm not blaming her for anything that has happened to her, I am honestly praying for her that she has the strength to get through all of this mess. Her heart is in the right place, I just think life has dealt her a hand that she can't fight back with right now. I don't want anyone to think that what I was trying to do was to get people to not buy from her because that's not it at all. I genuinely believe that people make mistakes and that there are issues beyond human control. Please don't let my situation sway you in any way shape or form. There have been lots of people who have ordered from her that are happy. Just because my situation poses a major problem, doesn't mean that it will happen to you. I really hope that my situation will be settled and I can move on from this. My situation stems from possibly losing a contract and other parts of my business will be affected by it as well...A business that makes me a years salary in one month! So I have a lot more on the line to lose than just being without a tail... I'll be without a house and be without food on my table if I lose my contract! I'm a little frusterated with the situation at hand but this situation is between Stevi and myself. It shouldn't affect anyones outlook on their tail orders or future ordering from her! I just wanted to get that out there. I'm not trying to be malicious in any of this. This is supposed to be a forum and a place to be able to express your opinions about the community including vendors and that is what I was doing. Entitled to my opinions and my feelings. We are a community and in the end of it all, we should be helping her in any way that we can. I hope things work out for her and hope that my situation is resovled as quickly as possible.
    I kind of want to give you all the awards for this post I actually just searched and searched google to try and find a funny gif but this is all I've got

Email back from Rose I JUST got literally!Lauren,

I can fully understand your concern which is upsetting, and you have every right to be upset. I spoke to Stevi she said if you want she will upgade your tail (since you already paid) to a full silicone if you want, but instead of the oceanika there will be a finis wave and as she said before if you can hold on just a bit longer she can have it to you sometime in february - No more delays!! (since she finally will be able to have someone help her finish tails.)Since she's currently in the process of packing and moving shes just trying to get that out of the way so she can focus on tails.

Are you willing to have the wave instead of the oceanika?

Please let me know asap!!

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ariaella View Post
    Is it the festival in April? Just wondering.

User formerly known as "Elaina-Wednesday".

Yes thankyou. Back on topic, ariaella, are you going to take up the offer?

Also I keep seeing that you're really to take legal action and there is a minor issue. If you look at her websites, it said no refund and the store I work at has the same policy. From what I've been explained to explain is that once the consumer gets the product and use it, we can't take it back because when we check it, it wasn't faulty. Not a lawyer or anything but I am just saying what my store does.

User formerly known as "Elaina-Wednesday".

I actually just received an email from Stevi a couple hours ago! Thank goodness! It makes me feel so much better knowing that she hasn't forgotten about me. She said I should have my tail by the 3rd week in Feburary...which suits me fine I'm just going to pray that she doesn't run into any more problems or set-backs!

Being her assistant, for whatever i said I didint mean to "fly off the handle like that" I really do appologize if i upset anyone on this thread. I know you guys have angry moments, concerns, what have you, its just i wish i could disclose whats happening. Life can be so tough at times and i see reasons why you can be upset. I just want to let you guys all know. I hope we can put this away and swim on...

She did Hello all! With all these drama threads filling up the What's New? box, It was easily lost :P
    My mistake

Back to the original topic,

I was talking with another tailmaker on FB and they brought up a good point. Monofins can't be returned once they're cut or glued into something. Silicone or latex can't be returned once it's poured even if it turns out to be a bad batch. All things tail makers have to address and figure out solutions to

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    UGH! more drama.
    i understand where everybody is coming from with there complaints. yes its annoying and irritating as hell to order something from someone and to be put off not once but a few times. it literally pisses you off i understand.
    But i understand stevi's point of view as well. my mom use to be a seamstress a really great one actually, she'd make costumes and stuff and prom dresses and stuff like that. She would offer dresses for cheaper than they were sold in stores and she did it cause she genually enjoyed making the dresses. But she would get swamped and fall a bit behind and people would get a little ugly about it

I can understand that stevi is going through some things and honestly I feel like she should just take a break. stop making tails cause people are gonna run her ragged.
    i get that people want what they ordered but i think we should all try to be a little bit more compassionate. Stevi got swamped and had a few personal issues to deal with and it's hard to get through things like that when people TURN ON YOU AT THE DROP OF A DAMN DIME!
    i honestly believe we are gonna end up running off an aspiring talent if we can't just bring ourselves to be patent and compassionate.

an another thing, I though we were all adults here, why is everyone so easily offended its childish
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

We resolved it prince no worriee ok laa?

yeah all the posts got moved by the sparkly new drama bull dozer

In regards to taking her up on the offer, yes. I am going to do this as it will cause a lot less drama and stress in both of our lives. I'm glad it has been resolved. In terms of being able to take legal action, I had legal right to do as I wished with the situation that presented itself. It was a unique situation that undoubtly was a mistake in the production. Like I mentioned before, you don't expect to buy something new at a store and it not work. They would either offer you an exchange or a refund. I stated before that I know that you cannot return a tail or ask for a refund for a tail based up on the "customization" that this product is. But there in lies a issue...a faulty...broken...not working. It was put in the water for less than 5 minutes and it completely fell apart. It shouldn't have even got to this point but it has been resolved now. Its been prioritized and it will be to me soonish which is all I can ask for. @ Raina, Alexandria texted me and was like...You broke Mernetwork!!! I didn't understand until she said it had turned into a drama fest on the board. I like the drama bulldozer!! Welll said!

Hold on... These must all be new! IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!

Sorry about being so off topic, we need a Smilie thread.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    yeah all the posts got moved by the sparkly new drama bull dozer
    i made a new drama bull dozer it's in the drama thread for everyone to see now.