Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid name and or Screen names

The other thing is that my city is sort of like a big country town. Everyone seems to know everyone for some reason. So everyone knows who I am anyway! Plus I have blue hair so I'm sort of conspicuous.

Mardoll is one of the names of the Norse Goddess Freya. Mar means the sea, and Doll refers to something shining. So the name roughly translates to "Shining Sea"
    This word was also used in Old Norse to refer to a mermaid in general also, although it was specifically used to refer to this mermaid aspect of Freya.
    I was actually surprised that no one has taken this name yet. So I was very happy that now I can be known as Mermaid Mardoll.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Naufra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Romeo and Ethel, the Pirates Daughter?
    That, and Ethel Merman.
    User formerly known as "Zicoxite".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Zicoxite View Post
    That, and Ethel Merman.
    I should have known! I'm old enough to remember Ethel Merman!

I love hearing the stories behind these names!! Mardoll is especially cool in origins.

i like all of your names :3 its so interesting to hear about their roots and history, and what the name means for some of you. eep :3
    The SeaGlass Siren

Phaylenn is a stylized version of Phalen which is Gaelic for Wolf and Murúch is Gaelic for Mermaid

Seeing that my name actually IS Ariel, I couldn't use that for obvious reasons. Even if I was born three years before the movie came out. (I was named after the character from The Tempest.)

So, I decided to think about my favorite things and things my tail would be themed after. My colors are deep blue and gold, almost like a sunset hitting the water. I am also what geeks call a "pega-sister", meaning that I love all things My Little Pony. So I took the lead princess (Celestia) who was responsible for raising and lowering the sun- and snipping it a little to make it my own. Thus I became Mermaid Celeste.

Junior Member Pod of New England GreenAsSin's Avatar

Follow GreenAsSin on Tumblr
    I don't have a mermaid name yet, but I'm working on it.

My screen name is one I've had for probably about six or seven years. I was signing up for something in a bit of a hurry and was trying to come up with a sn fairly quickly. I was reading Wicked at the time so I grabbed it and picked out the phrase "green as sin" which was used to describe Elphaba when she was born. It's just sort of stuck with me since then.

What about Absynth? Has a "syn" in it and its green!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

I just signed up, with the name I want to use for my mermaid character (I already work as a party princess and am getting into mermaiding now, yay!)

Aquarianne is the name of the mermaid that appears on the old Gummi Bears show. I always liked her as a kid, plus her name sounds like my mom's name, Maryanne. XD The tail I'm working on won't look like hers, however!

Name:  Aquarianne04.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  103.4 KB

Great name, Aquarianne!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

As I said on your "Going from Princess to Mermaid!" thread, I think your name is clever and classic, Aquarianne!
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    My screen name is the one I've been using for cosplay for a few years now.

I haven't been able to decide on a mer name, though. I'm not really sure where to start with that. xD;

Hey gambit what about Loki? Yknow after Norse mythology . A trickster and often puts on disguises
    The SeaGlass Siren

I think mermaid Melanie would be fine, Melanie is the name of ariel's daughter in the 2nd little mermaid

Melody actually :P
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    Loki's an awesome name and a pretty interesting guy to read about in mythology (also, I'm laughing because my phone tried to change "Loki" to "Kiki"), I just don't feel I'm quite up the that level. Plus it's a little weird for me to use the name of a god. :P

I'm still trying to pick out my mer-name and I'm requesting advice from the community! The two main contenders I'm going between are Candesca, from the word "candescence" which means "glowing whiteness," and Naufra, from the word "naufrage" which means "shipwreck." I think the name Candesca would require a light-up tail like a bioluminescent fish, fitting for a deep-sea mermaid, but Naufra would be great for a warrior mermaid, and both are things I want my mersona to be. What do you guys think? If anybody has other names they'd like to suggest, I'd love to hear them. ^_^

Grey, perhaps you would consider the name Remy?