Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    Those look like the 12mm Cartwright sequins. She doesn't have the size posted anywhere I could find.
    I think she said that they are the 12mm on facebook

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

hmmmmm, they looked bigger than mine and i used the cartwrights 12mm. Maybe i just can't tell over the internet
    Mermaid Enora

unless theres a 10mm cartwrights size?
    Mermaid Enora

I have received my order and compared the sequins to the 22mm Cartwright sequins. I haven't swum with them yet (soon!) but I have to say I LOVE working with them so far. They are much thicker than the Cartwright sequins, but as in Shelly's tutorial my sewing machine goes right through them without much effort. I do recommend using a denim or leather needle, though, FYI (I don't think she mentioned that), to avoid skipped stitches. One caveat, the iridescent sheen does overwhelm the base color of the sequins. I have the "DEVD" finish (High crystal rainbow) on most of mine in a variety of colors, and they all pretty much look bright green in direct sunlight. The example below is purple and lilac (DEVD) with the occasional white (CR-- the discontinued crystal rainbow colors) thrown in. The picture shows the same sample at different angles!

I can also answer the previous question I posted-- the base colors of the sequins are opaque and will show up as whatever colors you ordered. The underlying plastic is pretty dull, but not unattractive, if the finish should peel off. I should also mention they come with three holes for sewing, and that the round bit at the top is extremely easy to snap off. So you'll appreciate those other holes!

I'll be placing another order soon, within a month or two, so I wanted to let folks know in case they would like to jump on! If I have a big enough order (10kg), there's a chance at getting a bit of a discount on the price, which I can pass on to you.

Attachment 37967
    Have you already placed your next order? Are you still planning to? I am interested in ordering also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Lilyrose Fish

I have received my order and compared the sequins to the 22mm Cartwright sequins. I haven't swum with them yet (soon!) but I have to say I LOVE working with them so far. They are much thicker than the Cartwright sequins, but as in Shelly's tutorial my sewing machine goes right through them without much effort. I do recommend using a denim or leather needle, though, FYI (I don't think she mentioned that), to avoid skipped stitches. One caveat, the iridescent sheen does overwhelm the base color of the sequins. I have the "DEVD" finish (High crystal rainbow) on most of mine in a variety of colors, and they all pretty much look bright green in direct sunlight. The example below is purple and lilac (DEVD) with the occasional white (CR-- the discontinued crystal rainbow colors) thrown in. The picture shows the same sample at different angles!

I can also answer the previous question I posted-- the base colors of the sequins are opaque and will show up as whatever colors you ordered. The underlying plastic is pretty dull, but not unattractive, if the finish should peel off. I should also mention they come with three holes for sewing, and that the round bit at the top is extremely easy to snap off. So you'll appreciate those other holes!

I'll be placing another order soon, within a month or two, so I wanted to let folks know in case they would like to jump on! If I have a big enough order (10kg), there's a chance at getting a bit of a discount on the price, which I can pass on to you.

Attachment 37967
    Could you take a pic of one of these next to the ccartwrite 22mm, please? For a visual reference? Those colors are stunning!
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Just came into this thread to get some info. went on the website. FOUND THIS SHIT

Name:  19-10-2016 1-06-55 PM.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  120.5 KB

for when you want to be prejudiced AND shiny

In their defense, they are an Indian company and the symbol is ancient and has other positive meanings in India. Not that it'd be a good choice for an American or European mermaid, that's for sure!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

That the Germans took an ancient sacred symbol for good fortune and corrupted it so thoroughly is about the worst example of cultural appropriation I can think of.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

I just dont see why you'd make a sequin that shape, ANYWAY lol

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Yeah, when I was Japan I saw swastikas pretty often on Buddhist temples.

I think the nazi version the swastika had clockwise arms, while Hindu version is often counter clockwise.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I totally know the origin of the swastica- So even if you view it as a religious item, IT'S A VERY WEIRD THING TO MAKE INTO A SEQUIN. Seems rather flippant to me, even if you ignore the nazi conotations

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    Could you take a pic of one of these next to the ccartwrite 22mm, please? For a visual reference? Those colors are stunning!
    I meant to do this ages ago! Here are the relative sizes of the cartwright sequins (left) and Victor sequin (right)

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  25.0 KB
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

I now carry these sequins in my shop in 12 different colors (more to come), available in half-pound orders for anyone who wants a multicolor tail! They are 20% off for the month of July.
    Last edited by Dancing Fish; 07-03-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    Follow me on Facebook

Hi! saw them on your esty and i want to order some but i was wondering if you have more colors?

I order about 10 colors at a time, and I'll be placing another order soon...any particular color you are looking for?
    Follow me on Facebook

Ideally sequins in the iridescent pastel side: gold/yellow, mint, lilac and light pinks.

this was sketchy made a while i go that i want to make a sequin tail of

Name:  Tail.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  157.7 KB

I'll ask them what the lightest colors they have are. I'm not sure they have a true light pastel mint or purple, but they do have lighter golds and pinks. I can also try a couple of different finishes on white, too. And definitely adding in more blues!

Oh- hey, are you looking for transparent or opaque sequins?
    Follow me on Facebook

I'm going to place an order for some of these large 48mm sequins. Whatever I don't use I'll put up for sale but if anyone wants to jump in on my order with some other colors let me know. These are the colors I'm getting: bright pink, lighter peach pink, iridescent white, teal, beige and black (maybe an iridescent black).

I know I won't use a lot of the teal, beige, or black so if anyone wants some of those colors let me know. I'm also not "set" on just using these colors so if you want any others let me know. I may also order some smaller quantities of other colors from Etsy Fancy Fish (Dancing Fish) so I might have a ton of leftovers.

I'm in Tampa, FL so US shipping only or if you go to any of the Florida meet ups I could probably get them to you in person. You'd pay for the cost of shipping from me to you. You can message me on FB Mermaid Aerial Princess if you want to talk offline/off MerNetwork.

These are the prices I was quoted: $30/Kg plus $13.50/Kg (min order 6Kg for this shipping price). From my tentative calculations it will end up being around $0.05 per sequin (all depending on how many sequins are in a Kg)

I'll probably be placing my order in the next week or so. I'm aiming at Feb 17th to order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

Hey, I've never posted on Mernetwork, but I've been a long time lurker! I am currently looking into revamping a lot of my hand painted neoprene tails with sequins and I love the size of these Vector Enterprises ones (as I am a heavier set mermaid and I feel like it would be more flattering) and I was wondering if anyone knows if they still let you do orders with only a 3kg minimum? I am worried less about price and more about convenience.

I was also wondering if anyone has recently made a tail with these bad boys and has any videos of them underwater? I have been humming and hawing for a while now over colours and finishes, and I am really undecided as to what I'd like to do. I have a lavender/dark purple tail I'd like to revamp, and I was thinking of their lavenders and dark purple colour in a metallic finish. I also have a baby blue/pink tail that I think would look amazing with iridescent white, but the jury is still out.

Any information that could be provided would be super helpful! For reference, I'm in northern Canada, so I'd rather have it shipped straight to me from the company than bundle on a bunch of orders.

does anyone have anymore pictures of these scales, specifically the green and blue ones?