Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

This thread is for ordering information on the Large 47mm Sequins from Victor Enterprises. This thread is also for organizing and splitting orders between multiple buyers, or trading colors.

Specs:
    Size: 48mm
    Thickness: 1mm

Prices:

High crystal shine - $35 / Kg (diamond shine/ rainbow)
    Real crystal shine - $ 36 / Kg (Ice shine)
    Pearl - $30 (matte)
    Crystal Rainbow - $32 / Kg (iridescent)
    Holographic dots / stripes - $30

The minimum order is lowered to 3 Kg. Which means 3 kg will be the minimum parcel that will be sent out to each person. Minimum order is 3 Kg per design/shape and 1 Kg per colour(stock). So for a 3kg order you can get 3 colors. (or 2.2 lbs of each color).

It has been estimated that it takes approximately 3 pounds to make one tail, closer to 4 if you cover the entirety of the fluke as well as the body. You can sew with a sewing machine straight through the top of the sequin to attach it, instead of having to sew through the small hole at the top.

Shipping:
    The shipping for a parcel under 5 Kg (Fedex, DHL) is $20 per kg, and for parcels above 5 Kg is $16 per Kg.

Color chart:

Here is a color chart for their products. To see more of what the colors look like, and how the different shines look, you can visit their website and look through the products pictured. They can cut the shell sequins from any sheet they produce. You can also look through the PDF they included in their email to me, which you can download here.

They also make the sequin Sheets. These are PVC/ Plastic sheets. These sheets are rolls that can come Laminated or Solid Opaque. Ask for Grade A(virgin) or Grade B(recycled - mostly used). You would have to inquire for full sheet pricing.
    They can make any of the designs on the webpage and custom designs. Any of the variety of 10 – 12 types of base sheets can be used to cut out the designs.

Price breakdowns:
    Estimated need for tail- 3lbs or 1.4kg. This is an estimate that depends on spacing and coverage.

Half of a 3kg order is 3.3lbs, so you only need half an order to make a tail, and a full order can make 2 tails. Many would want to split 1 order with another, so here are the price breakdowns for both with shipping from manufacturer to a single customer included.

High crystal shine (diamond shine/rainbow)
    $165 total for order
    $82.50 for half & per tail

Real crystal shine
    $168 for full order
    $84.00 for half & per tail

Pearl
    $150 for full order
    $75 for half & per tail

Crystal Rainbow
    $156 for full order
    $78 for half & per tail

Holographic dots/stripes
    $150 for full order
    $75 for half & per tail

Contact information:
    Victor Enterprises
    Mr. Shawn Sequeira (Manager)
    B - 15, Ansa Industrial Estate, , Saki Naka, Andheri
    Mumbai - 400072, Maharashtra, India
    Email: victorenterprises.sequins@gmail.com
    Mobile:
    +(91)-9322667297
    +(91)-9320485667
    Telephone:
    +(91)-(22)-28479649
    http://www.indiamart.com/victor-enterprise/
    https://www.facebook.com/Sequins.supplier

Provided by Vector Enterprises:

Crystal rainbow shine:

US Supplier:

Mermaid Shelly's Grotto also sells these sequins in their boutique and online via etsy.
    You will want to order from her if:
    -you want a wider selection of colors, rather than the limited amount by ordering
    -you want limited quantities, as she sells them by the pound
    -if you are not comfortable ordering over seas
    -if you do not want to wait for the order to be made and shipped
    -if you are not comfortable ordering a 3kg but also do not want to split an order with others

Also if you would like a sequin tail, but are not the crafting/sewing type, Mermaid Shelly makes amazing tails with these sequins. She is a highly recommended tailmaker.

Shelly sells the sequins for $50 a pound plus shipping. You can find them on her etsy, here (http://www.etsy.com/shop/MermaidShellysGrotto), or you can visit or contact her shop.

Mermaid Shelly's Grotto
    1837 South Coast Highway
    Oceanside, California 92054
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidShellysGrotto

Here are some photos of Shelly's work! For more visit her page: http://www.facebook.com/mermaidshelly She also posted a video tutorial on how to sew on sequins!

Name:  197907_450745041654207_303013305_n.jpg
Views: 5289
Size:  97.0 KB
    (source)

Name:  61324_450743451654366_421812046_n.jpg
Views: 5405
Size:  230.1 KB
    (source)

Name:  391915_449368428458535_2012037769_n.jpg
Views: 4934
Size:  144.5 KB
    (source)

Name:  543376_463693267026051_486091136_n.jpg
Views: 4709
Size:  113.4 KB
    (source)

Name:  603320_461544190574292_637906872_n.jpg
Views: 5015
Size:  167.3 KB
    (source)
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 10-20-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Fixed images

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Cool! Thanks for posting!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm not in a position to do this atm but I'd love to go in with someone so I can sequin my fabric tail!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I have communicated with Vector as well and I am getting conflicting info on the Minimum order. I was told recently that the minimum was 5kg rather than 3kg. I would be much more able to purchase 3 kg than 5. BUt they sent this to me a couple of days ago. So just in case anyone else is interested in ordering, there may be a different Minimum order.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Normally the minimum order is 6kg. However he graciously lowered it to 3kg for us. Perhaps mention that you are with the mermaid community and that Mermaid Iona noted that the minimum order was kindly lowered by him for our group and that you would like to take advantage of that great opportunity Let us know how it goes!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Since this is a thread to help organize orders, I'll be making it a sticky so it doesn't get buried.

Hopefully I'll be back to this thread this summer to order some. =)

I have been painfully looking for these sequins! The tiny ones I use are a pain in the butt so thank you a million for finding this info and posting it!! You made my day!!
    Hello from Sarasota, opening up a mermaid/fairy etsy soon!! Super exited, im the onl;y mermaid in Sarasota/Bradenton area!

Member Pod of Cali
    Pod of The South
    Oh......my.....mermaid. These tails are gorgeous!!! Neoprene is the base, correct?
    Our Purpose in Life Is Not to be Happy, but to Serve God. Through Serving God, we Find Happiness.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Incredible tails! I dream of doing a hannah Fraser inspired sequin tail when I get the chance to order the orca shaped Oceanika merfins :3
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Wow. I'm really sad that these photos were used without Shelly's permission. Not to mention the source links are broken
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Is express permission really needed when links are provided, and the photos are public anyway? That's like saying you can't link to any photo ever unless you get the owner's permission.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melaina View Post
    Is express permission really needed when links are provided, and the photos are public anyway? That's like saying you can't link to any photo ever unless you get the owner's permission.
    They are linked, yes. But the links are broken, each one I have tried does not work.

Edit: Talked with Iona, she's going to check/fix the links
    Last edited by Morticia Mermaid; 03-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    It's because the colon is missing from the links (after the http). Either it needs to be added, or everything before "www" needs to be removed.
    In any case, until it is fixed, if anyone wants to view the pages they can remove the "http//" before the link.

Winged Mermaid Iona .... Thank You so much for making this information available, and with links to boot. If anyone is interesting in splitting an order let me know. Thanks

oh nevermind!For some reason I didn't see the other images of the scales in use and after I took my nap it must have loaded them.
    "No siren did ever so charm the ear of the listener as the listening ear has charmed the soul of the siren” -Henry Taylor

I'm wondering what it would look like with a tail completely covered in those kind of shell sequins. If anyone has a picture of what it looks like please post it up.If it looks good I might buy some
    "No siren did ever so charm the ear of the listener as the listening ear has charmed the soul of the siren” -Henry Taylor

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    OMG these shells are gorgeous and those tails are amazing. This is making a sequin tail more and more tempting!

I originally found these and this is what I use for my tails. I was the only mer at MerPalooza with them. If you make one with them it will be like gaining new sequin mersisters! Yay!

Follow TheRestless on Tumblr
    I love these!!!! And pretty much squealed with joy! I think I'm going to make my tail out of Neoprene and these sequins!!!
    I'm working on several costuming commissions at them moment and other projects, but will probably place and order come the new year. Left me know if anyone would be interested in doing a group order around that time!