Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod BeckyTaka's Avatar
    Is anyone doing an order anytime in the next 2 weeks or so? I'd be interested in heading one up, but I've never done an order with this company before so I'd need some assistance.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I'd like to get some of the 1cm shell sequins on the 15th page of the PDF, but I'm a bit confused about the available colours and finishes. Can I get any of the colours listed in any of the finishes? So, can I get sea green in real crystal and sea green in high crystal shine?

I'd also like to see a picture of all available colours as they appear on the actual sequins. I don't think the colour chart can be a very good depiction of the actual colours, since they'll be all shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melaina View Post
    I'd like to get some of the 1cm shell sequins on the 15th page of the PDF, but I'm a bit confused about the available colours and finishes. Can I get any of the colours listed in any of the finishes? So, can I get sea green in real crystal and sea green in high crystal shine?

I'd also like to see a picture of all available colours as they appear on the actual sequins. I don't think the colour chart can be a very good depiction of the actual colours, since they'll be all shiny.

They have 1cm sequins too? I didn't know that! If thats the case I might be interested in getting some too. I want small scale-like sequins on my neoprene tail and Cartwrights is the only place I knew of until now to get them and they charge the earth to ship here *sigh.* if this place is more cost effective I might just be interested in ordering from here

As far as I know, yes, you can do that. BUT you have to order 1lb of each. So if you want get sea green in real crystal and sea green in high crystal shine, you will have to get 1lb of each of those.

Sorry, all the information I know is in the original post. You'll have to email Vector Enterprises if you want specific answers. The good news is that they're good about replying to emails quickly and are very helpful, in my experience

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Aino, I'd be happy to split an order with you if you wanted. Only issue being we'd have to either both use the same three colours, or each use one and share the third.

Thanks Iona, I'll do that

Aino, I'd be happy to split an order with you if you wanted. Only issue being we'd have to either both use the same three colours, or each use one and share the third.

Thanks Iona, I'll do that
    Well my tail will be predominantly green, which is what you're wanting too I gather, so this could work. Only thing is, I'm not planning on covering the whole tail in sequins. I was thinking of doing it painted, with sequins partially covering it, something akin to Hannah Fraser's blue tail. So I wouldn't need as many. It sucks that when ordering from here we are very limited in the variety of colours we can use, since if we order one colour it has to be a big order of that colour, and you can't really mix and match all that much. Which is why I was thinking of going with Cartwrights, because you can order smaller amounts of multiple colours from them.

Green was definitely up there on my list, but I haven't really decided for sure what colours I'd like - I'm going to email them to see if I can get a picture of every colour they have available.
    I would be covering the entire tail, but even still, that'd be a lot of sequins left over if you don't need many.
    I don't suppose you've done any calculations for how many sequins you'd need from Cartwright's? I may have to let you make yours before I start so I can see how many are needed xD

Oh wow, I just had a look at Cartwright's stock, and damn they have a lot of options! I love how they have photos for everything, too. I may just go ahead and get some sample sizes to test colour schemes

Well I would definitely be interested in seeing pictures of each colour too, so share them here if you get them. I haven't done any kind of calculations or anything, I was planning on just making an uneducated guess and hoping for the best, haha. Since I hadn't planned to cover my whole tail I figured the number wasn't that important, just as long as I had vaguely enough to get the effect I wanted. I may yet change my mind and choose to cover the whole tail though, so it is good to see what options are out there. If you decided to go with Cartwrights too we could also make a combined order and split the shipping from there, that could work too

Oh wow, I just had a look at Cartwright's stock, and damn they have a lot of options! I love how they have photos for everything, too. I may just go ahead and get some sample sizes to test colour schemes
    Be warned that even with small orders from them they still charge a ridiculous amount for shipping

Just put through an order for 21 different shell colours. I'll be sure to post pics when I get them, and if we both decide we'd like to buy from them I will definitely split the order with you
    The shipping was $17, which I don't think was outrageous for the number of packets I bought.

Oh cool, yeah that is not too bad for 21 different shell colours I guess, depending on how much is actually in each packet. It says the little packets are 200ct, whatever the hell that means (200 sequins per packet??). But yes definitely share pics when you get them, and be sure to test them out and see if they scratch their coatings off easily or not. I think I read somewhere that some of their finishes come off easier than others

To be fair about the shipping... They are coming from India, I believe. And you can't quite pull an "auntie, please" over the internet to a large company to fix that.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    To be fair about the shipping... They are coming from India, I believe. And you can't quite pull an "auntie, please" over the internet to a large company to fix that.
    I was referring to Cartwright's sequins, which come from the US It would probably be cheaper coming from India.

Edit: Cartwrights say on their order page that they recently started offering an economy shipping option, which I'm not sure if they had last time I checked them out

Whoops, missed the whole "cartwright" in there. Hahaha.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    It says the little packets are 200ct, whatever the hell that means (200 sequins per packet??).
    I read it as "count", so yeah, I'm assuming it means 200 pieces. I may be wrong, but what else could it mean? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    But yes definitely share pics when you get them, and be sure to test them out and see if they scratch their coatings off easily or not. I think I read somewhere that some of their finishes come off easier than others
    For sure! I've heard the holographic ones are the worst, but I'll do scratch tests on all of them to see. I'll soak them in chlorinated water, too, just to make sure.

I read it as "count", so yeah, I'm assuming it means 200 pieces. I may be wrong, but what else could it mean? xD
    That must be what it means, hahaha. Don't mind me. I was here scratching my head going "ct??? what the hell does that mean is that some kind of weird measurement or something?"

Haha, no worries! It took me a while to decide what it could mean since the sequins are obviously not 200 carat :P I wish websites would all just use universal jargon!

I was thinking 200 carats too hahaha. That's some snazzy sequins

I want to order to start a sequin tail for this summer, but (and I do not find pleasure in admitting this) I'm nervous and slightly confused on how to order.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!