Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    Ya same like I want a really cool dark navy blue and different blues for my sequins and I don't know what site I go to and what fabric I attach them to????

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Just to let everyone know, I received the sequins the other day and have now posted the first part of my colour references and durability tests!
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...lity-reference

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Just to let people know that the links to Mermaid Shelly on ESTY an Face Book no longer work. I was thinking on getting some for my new tail an tried the links. The ESTY says the person is no longer there an FB doesn't even show a name. Just to let people know. if you don't know already.
    Be Happy Swim Free

I had Mermaid Shelly's personal e-mail as I had ordered some large sequins from her late last year. I just tried to contact her and got a response from someone saying that she passed away in November and to please stop contacting her about tails, but they were nice to send me a link to her blog to read what she was preparing for her last days.

http://mermaidshelly.blogspot.com/

I'm interested in ordering some more sequins, anyone doing an order anytime soon? I may just go for the 3kg order. Is this company easy to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Linda Stephanie View Post
    I had Mermaid Shelly's personal e-mail as I had ordered some large sequins from her late last year. I just tried to contact her and got a response from someone saying that she passed away in November and to please stop contacting her about tails, but they were nice to send me a link to her blog to read what she was preparing for her last days.

http://mermaidshelly.blogspot.com/

I'm interested in ordering some more sequins, anyone doing an order anytime soon? I may just go for the 3kg order. Is this company easy to work with?

I have ordered from them. They company is based in Maharashtra in India. Good communication but lack integrity. Shipping can be pricey (shipping cost just over what the items in total were worth.) but the sequins are nice and big and shiny. Ordering in bulk is highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Linda Stephanie View Post
    As far as I know, Shelly LaPointe is alive and well. It's just her mermaid persona of Mermaid Shelly that "passed away" as she wished to leave the mermaid community and leave her mermaid persona behind, and move on in life. I'm not sure why they would say that she passed away without being specific, making people worry? Anyhow, I hope you can get the sequin situation worked out!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    Oh dear! I was so worried when you said she had passed away! :O so glad that she is okay
    This is a fantastic thread, I'm thinkin of making an orangish/yellowish/gold tail, if anyone wants to halve an order

Add Mermaid Mutiny on Facebook Add Mermaid Mutiny on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Mutiny on Linkedin Visit Mermaid Mutiny's Youtube Channel
    Has anybody ordered these recently? I've been searching everywhere and cannot find any suppliers for this size sequin. My tail desperately needs some new ones for repairs.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah we went through vector/india buyers market and they dont make them anymore

Cartwrights? I also found some big shells on an Australian website but I dont recall the name of it. I'll look into it when I get home and let you know.
    Mermaid Enora

For all those trying to order, Vector is trying to coordinate orders for these sequins- they're asking for orders by the 25th of Feb!
    Here's the email I got for more details:

"You are interested in our 47 mm Shell sequins. We can make that for you.

We are very happy to help a mermaid get her shine.
    We are planning to take a order for the same and are trying to collaborate all orders together. As we are getting too many requests for this material.
    Each piece is 1.5 -2 grams so you may get 500-750 pieces in each Kg.
    Please let us know if you are still interested.
    Please send us your orders by 25th of February 25/02/2015.

Hoping to hear from you positively.
    MOQ is 3 Kg per design/shape and 1 Kg per colour(stock).
    Price is US$ 28 per kg.

If you do have a Shop and plan to sell it in your shop We will extend a 10% discount on orders above 25 Kg total"

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    So we can order individually but they will consider all of our orders as one? I want some but I'm sort of confused as to how the ordering process works.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Wow... 48mm is nearly two inches!

Add Mermaid Mutiny on Facebook Add Mermaid Mutiny on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Mutiny on Linkedin Visit Mermaid Mutiny's Youtube Channel
    Yes they end up being quite large, but so much easier to sew than the smaller ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Junior Member Euro Pod Melina-Luna's Avatar
    Oh yes, i´m very interestet of this large sequins. Where can i order this beautys?

As far as I can tell they're trying to coordinate orders becuase they make them in big batches, which is why the usual minimum order is 6kg. But this case they're lowering it to 3kg (6lbs) for our community. They still make big batches though, so that's why they're trying to do them together. They will end up making 6kg or more but are splitting them up and shipping orders that are 3kg. As I said previously you can get a few different colors, since they have to make 1kg min of each color. So for a 3kg order you can get 3 colors. (or 2.2 lbs of each color).

It has been estimated that it takes approximately 3 pounds to make one tail, closer to 4 if you cover the entirety of the fluke as well as the body. Which is why I made this thread in the first place, so two people can go in on and order together if they don't want nearly 2 tails worth of sequins.

I'm just a middle man posting information though, if you want more information or want to order you need to email or call them. All their contact information is in the first post. Be sure to mention you're with the mermaid community, as they're doing these special offers for us.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Junior Member Euro Pod Melina-Luna's Avatar
    Thank you Iona!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Thank you, Iona!!!