Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large Shell Sequins 48mm Order Thread (Vector Enterprises)

You'd have to email or call them and ask. All I know is that they wanted to do around up by Feb 25th, but you may still be in time.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Seriously considering doing a full size, 6 kg, order, making a tail, then giving the rest away one at a time as trinkets at festivals. Then I'd also have the extras on hand in case any break. And at least I'd go aproximately 45% as insane as someone making sequin tail using 22 mm sequins

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I know Mutiny tried to do this as it's laid out but they never got back to her so I'm still not sure they're actually doing this. I think they *want* to do this but still dont have it lined up.

I had to bug them a couple of times, but I got through! Hooray for persistence!

Even though I didn't ask about mermaid pricing, I guess they saw the word "mermaid" in my email address and added the line about "we would be happy to help a mermaid get her shine" and offered me the lower minimum order.

Raina, would you like me to add a kg of green to my order and I can mail it on to Halifax when it comes?

Also, it looks like the prices may have gone down- matte (pearl finish) is now $28, and high crystal shine is $30. Regular crystal shine has been discontinued.

I dont personally need any but Mermaid Mutiny might if you message her on here on facebook

Woo! I have officially sent off payment for 3 kg of sequins. With shipping to Ontario it costs $142 U.S. It should take a week to make them, and I'll let you all know how long it takes to get here. Payment is through PayPal so if they never come I can dispute it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Add Mermaid Mutiny on Facebook Add Mermaid Mutiny on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Mutiny on Linkedin Visit Mermaid Mutiny's Youtube Channel
    Ooh What colours did you end up ordering? Keep any extras you have for repairs, I have to repair my sequin tail on a weekly basis because the larger sequin shells get caught and snap quite often. Thanks for checking in to see if I needed any but I've started switching mine over to the 12mm smaller sequin shells from Cartwright.

I got a kg each of lilac, dark purple and white in "high crystal shine".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Add Mermaid Mutiny on Facebook Add Mermaid Mutiny on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Mutiny on Linkedin Visit Mermaid Mutiny's Youtube Channel
    That's going to be so beautiful! I can't wait to see some of your progress.

I got my scales and they're so pretty! I've done NOTHING all day because I've just been holding them up to the light and playing around with patterns!

Depending on the light they're COMPLETELY different colours. In the kind of yellowy light in my apartment they look green, but with just the flash from my camera they look purple. SO COOL.

^

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Look beautiful. Super annoying that they don't (as far as I know) return Mutiny's emails!

Follow PaolaMF On Twitter Add PaolaMF on Facebook Add PaolaMF on Google+ Add PaolaMF on MySpace
    Visit PaolaMF's Youtube Channel
    beautiful !!!
    PaolaMF Mermaid Fantasy Studios
    all my designs and products are registered, be different, be original, thanks. SAFE CREATIVE ( copyright registration )
    silicone mermaid tail : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...antasy-Studios
    facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Merma...266693?fref=ts
    instagram : https://instagram.com/mermaid_paola/
    twitter : https://twitter.com/misspaolamf
    youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidFantasyTails

I'm placing an order with these folks soon...anyone want to jump in with me to help cut down the shipping expense?
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

As pretty as the finish I got is, don't go for the high crystal shine. The finish peels up pretty easily, so I don't think it will last very long.

aw, bummer! When it peels up, are the sequins clear underneath or the same approximate color?
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

I have received my order and compared the sequins to the 22mm Cartwright sequins. I haven't swum with them yet (soon!) but I have to say I LOVE working with them so far. They are much thicker than the Cartwright sequins, but as in Shelly's tutorial my sewing machine goes right through them without much effort. I do recommend using a denim or leather needle, though, FYI (I don't think she mentioned that), to avoid skipped stitches. One caveat, the iridescent sheen does overwhelm the base color of the sequins. I have the "DEVD" finish (High crystal rainbow) on most of mine in a variety of colors, and they all pretty much look bright green in direct sunlight. The example below is purple and lilac (DEVD) with the occasional white (CR-- the discontinued crystal rainbow colors) thrown in. The picture shows the same sample at different angles!

I can also answer the previous question I posted-- the base colors of the sequins are opaque and will show up as whatever colors you ordered. The underlying plastic is pretty dull, but not unattractive, if the finish should peel off. I should also mention they come with three holes for sewing, and that the round bit at the top is extremely easy to snap off. So you'll appreciate those other holes!

I'll be placing another order soon, within a month or two, so I wanted to let folks know in case they would like to jump on! If I have a big enough order (10kg), there's a chance at getting a bit of a discount on the price, which I can pass on to you.

Name:  irridescent sequins.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  184.4 KB
    Last edited by Dancing Fish; 07-10-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    Follow me on Facebook

kariel's sequins are finally up on her website now.
    Mermaid Enora

Those look like the 12mm Cartwright sequins. She doesn't have the size posted anywhere I could find.
    Follow me on Facebook