Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Spring Meet-Up!

Still think we should check out the Florida Caverns.. there is supposed to be a really awesome and deep spring there.. I read that the spring head is 100 ft deep! can you imagine the video we could get there?

Where: The keys, or a Florida spring such as Weeki Wachee
    When: May sounds good I think that's when my semester ends. Or at least over any weekend.
    Time: NOT anything earlier than 10-11 in the morning. >.< Not an early riser.
    What I would love to see at the meet up: swimming and photo time (I could bring a photographer with me),
    potluck so that we can all share food, story time/ mermaid group therapy? lol xD, arts and crafts maybe hmmm i feel like Id just wanna swim all damn day

What I would not care for at a meet up: nothing too early in the morning, preferably not at a beach because it makes it harder to take nice clear underwater pictures but springs are a lot better for pictures
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mako View Post
    The waters and grounds of Ginnie springs are beautiful, definitely a party place though! If you camp don't expect a peaceful nights rest, lol. But if its a meet up that may be the best atmosphere anyway. :-) I think one side of the campgrounds is supposed to be quieter than the other. I would love to share a campfire! Mmm..smores

I am not sure if they have cabins...
    I'd definitely be down to do camping for a night.
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    So hm.... I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. My friends have decided to take a cruise in May to the Bahamas and want me to go. :| Waaahh...

J can't go until April at least....Jesse has my tail still.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    Still think we should check out the Florida Caverns.. there is supposed to be a really awesome and deep spring there.. I read that the spring head is 100 ft deep! can you imagine the video we could get there?
    If this is the same spring I did my advanced diving course in, it's a pretty dangerous hole. I'll have to ask my instructor (also really good friend) where it was -- she was really upset the other divemasters on the trip decided to go there behind her back. I know it was near Ginny Springs.

This one is supposed to be near the Georgia border.

Why its it dangerous?

She said there had been several deaths there, as where it gets to the point of actually being deep there's a lot of buildup of tree branches and such that's really easy to get caught on. I should see her in the next couple of days so I'll ask her.

That's interesting. Are you thinking Blue Springs? I've been there before and there's a lot of branches there. And a large log near the deep end. But I mean... I can't see how people would seriously get stuck in it. It's not that bad. I've never been to the caverns so I can't speak for that.

Hmm, the only spring I know of near Ginny is Blue, but I know that the area is rich in many Springs. From what I've seen, the springs I've been to up there are pretty safe and are popular swimming holes for both local families and divers alike. I can see where cave diving would be dangerous,but I don't think I'd be into doing any of that anyway :-)

I would actually be fine with Rainbow if you all decided to go back there, its closer to me, lol!
    "It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."
    - President John F. Kennedy

I just got a text back from her; it's called Orange Grove Sink.

So... where are we with planning this?
    Since there is a weechi waki(i know i spelled it wrong!) visit in march maybe we can push this to say may/june? Spread them out a little.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking Nerine xD

Here's the thing. My BF is going to be working (somewhere) in Alabama. He wants me to come down and stay with him for a while. I don't know when I will be coming down, but I saw this and didn't know exactly when the meet up would be. But if I am going to be down there with a car I might be able to meet up with some mers. I could also bring the other wife (with 2 little girls) to meet mermaids (fun for the little girls since they live down there and have NEVER seen mermaids) but like I said....I dont know when or where in Alabama I will be.

THis is all really all up in the air. I'm in the process of changing my job around (I'm retiring fromm lifeguarding and becoming a full time media staff person in an office). So basically my time should be a lot more flexible with this transition. Although, I'm going to school right now and the spring. Then I have a group of very very close friends coming home from college in the summer who want to do everything and anything together. So xD Once the sea calms a little more, I'll get back to work on this.

Like Nerine said, this will probably be in May/June. I'm even leaning more towards June. Real life sucks >< It's amazing all the time I had in the fall, now come spring I feel like I'm lucky to just enjoy three hours on the computer all day xD The adult world hits hard.

I can't do the weekend of the 22nd in June, as that's the weekend my boyfriend gets here from the UK. That's the only weekend I know I can't do. The weekend after might be nice so I could bring him, too, and he could see yet another beautiful part of the States.

lets do it before the 10th of june. I have summer term starting up then. So before hand I am more free to travel. but I need us to set a date soon. Ill have to get time off work and the sooner I request the better.

Have we decided where yet? Id still like to try the spring near the caverns. I think itll be ok since itll be a group of us swimming and we can all watch out for each other.
    Alexander Spring would be ok again.. was nice..hardly anyone there...and it was warmer than Rainbow Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    lets do it before the 10th of june. I have summer term starting up then. So before hand I am more free to travel. but I need us to set a date soon. Ill have to get time off work and the sooner I request the better.

Have we decided where yet? Id still like to try the spring near the caverns. I think itll be ok since itll be a group of us swimming and we can all watch out for each other.
    Alexander Spring would be ok again.. was nice..hardly anyone there...and it was warmer than Rainbow Spring.
    I would definitely be OK with Alexander springs, that's not to bad of a drive for me :-)
    "It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."
    - President John F. Kennedy

Are we still doing this? When are we doing this???

If i have to I will drive to Alabama and grab Adella and bringher with me!

I don't think we're going to do this :\ I'm sorry for being "that mer" and saying I want to hold a meet up and then not going through with it.

But I would LOVE for everyone to check out Moonflower's meet up she's holding in June at Rainbow River.
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-FL-June-15-16