Thread: Mermaid Creations 'Guppy Tails' For Children!

Mermaid Creations 'Guppy Tails' For Children!

As seen on my Facebook page:

New Product!

I am happy to announce Mermaid Creations LLC's new Guppy Tails! The first full silicone mermaid tails design specifically with the little ones in mind!

Each Guppy Tails weighs in at under 10 lbs, and is perfect for that child who wants a mermaid or merman tail!

Just like the adult tails, we will have a Basic and a Deluxe.

Pricing is as followed, PLUS shipping:
    Basic: $450
    Deluxe: $650

Basic Guppy Tails include one (1) hand-crafted mermaid or merman tail made from 100% Dragon Skin Platinum professional-grade silicone. This tail has small realistic fish scales. The tail will include a children's sized mono fin built into the fluke, and your choice of color. The fluke is textured and has tattered edges (optional). Each hand-made tail is made to order from specifics that you supply (your physical dimensions), much like a professional tailor would use to make a suit. The silicone is pigmented in the manufacturing process, therefore the paint CAN NOT come off.

Deluxe Guppy Tails include one (1) hand-crafted mermaid or merman tail made from 100% Dragon Skin Platinum professional-grade silicone. The tail includes a children's sized mono fin built into the fluke. Also included in this price is a large dorsal fin which runs from the swimmers hip to the calf, two heel fins which assist in hiding the swimmers heels, and two pelvic fins which are attached to the front of the tail along the thighs. Each hand-made tail is made to order from specifics that you supply (your physical dimensions), much like a professional tailor would use to make a suit. The silicone is pigmented in the manufacturing process, therefore the paint CAN NOT come off.

** Guppy Tails are limited to a MAXIMUM ankle to belly button length of 30 inches. Any measurements longer than 30 inches will be considered an adult tail.

Name:  382361_471986566182835_2065210949_n.jpg
Views: 2304
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  535013_471986742849484_1531395854_n.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  31.6 KB

Here is a side by side comparison with an adult tail:

Each Guppy Tail will come with a Mermaid Creations tote bag just big enough (or small enough) for the little tail:
    Name:  404524_473804122667746_956121600_n.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  49.4 KB

• 10 oz heavyweight natural canvas fabric
    • Full side and bottom gusset
    • 22" reinforced self-fabric handles
    • Machine washable
    • Measures 15" x 18" x 6"

For further inquiries, please email me at mercreations@hotmail.com
    Last edited by MermanJesse; 02-09-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Omigosh, so cute! And a TERRIFIC price for it. Wow, congratulations!

A tad bit off topic (oops), but do you have picture of the difference between the tattered fluke and non-tattered?

Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of tattered vs non-tattered.

I presume that it will look similar to my standard fluke with tattered edges.

I like to think of this as "still developing". The fluke would not be developed like an adult's would be.

Wonderful!!! I know a lot of little mers who would LOVE a tail from you!!

So cool! I love the new tails Hold on... *measures legs* Crud!!! I'm 6 inches off Oh well!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    What a wonderful idea!!

Thanks everyone. I really wanted to offer something for the kids. I think this is a great addition to my business.

I am thinking about having a summer sale on them as well. I have to go over that with the financial department, (Mertender Dennis... LOL).

Fantastic idea! They look great!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Brilliant! I really like the style of the scales on those tails! Fintastic! What a cute idea!

You will be hearing from me in about 5 or 6 years when my kids are ready for them. They are so cute.

That's great Zelly!

Perhaps by the time that rolls around, the Guppy tails will have evolved into more options, scale patterns, flukes, etc.

For now, this is what I have to offer. I am however, working on the extra fins to add to the tail in the photo to make it a Deluxe Guppy Tail.

This tail will be on display at Merpalooza this year!

I was wondering when someone would do this. Good luck, I'm sure a lot of people will buy these.

Awesome!
    Its nice that you're thinking about the childrens since they are certainly a huge demographic in
    mermaid tails. Also its a very fair price for a full silicone tail.

You'll be the bane of a few mothers I'm sure xD

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Undated original post! Check it out!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    the tote bag is genius. we wanna order one for my tail

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Delphine's Avatar
    Wow! That's a brilliant idea! And the Guppies are adorable. I'm sure many kids will be thrilled with them. Also, because they're Dragon Skin they should last a while & be able to take a bit more of a beating. Perfect for kids! XD
    Last edited by Delphine; 02-16-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    So, Jesse. I have a guppy in training and am wondering how these have progressed. What's new?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssaf1sh56 View Post
    So, Jesse. I have a guppy in training and am wondering how these have progressed. What's new?
    Well Jesse took on a work load too massive and crumbled under the pressure, went broke and didn't deliver a number of tails and is slowly in the process of returning thousands of dollars in refunds I believe.

Then again this thread is 2 years old, it was made before things went south for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Well Jesse took on a work load too massive and crumbled under the pressure, went broke and didn't deliver a number of tails and is slowly in the process of returning thousands of dollars in refunds I believe.

Then again this thread is 2 years old, it was made before things went south for him.
    What mer- crazy said. check out this thread for more info: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...ighlight=jesse