Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Server issues- the good news and the bad news.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    $7.76 has just been donated
    Tenacity.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    $5.00 donated by me :-)

I think i can do it! I'll ask my mum next month though because shes paying off our recent vacation right now lol.
    Mermaids have more fun

I've thought about doing it just to see what would happen.

Rezse..its proper here to post an introduction before posting to other threads. Your comment is odd also..what do you expect to happen? Other than the site to continue to run

How much $ has the forum got donated now?

I've been completely delayed by this point, oops. I'll do my best to get my mum in here soon. :b

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    Rezse..its proper here to post an introduction before posting to other threads.
    I never introduced myself...just started posting and no one ever said anything...am I in trouble? Haha
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

I never introduced myself either. lol. I'm gonna ask my mom if she will donate for me. I have money to do it but I don't have a credit or debit card.
    Formerly known as "kimmie".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    due to people making alt accounts and spam registration we like people to introduce themselves, it's very odd to have someone just jump in somewhere randomly we're a community

Donated for two.
    I have been talking to my husband, who is a web developer, and trying to see his opinion on the issues. He says that basically there is nothing web development based that can be done at the moment. What host are you using at the moment and are you having troubles with them other than the space issues? His computer is not working properly right now, but I can message one of you his email if you'd like? Personally I think advertisements would be fine and may be needed in the future, even if you raise enough money now for the first two years. Also, any articles or such in places like Tail Flip or I Am A Mermaid would probably be very helpful. This forum has really been a blessing to me and I think whatever it takes to keep it here for all the mermaids who need it is a worthy cause.

ETA: I've been told it would help to have the donate button on every page here, and to have it say something like "Donate to help keep this forum running" or such. Also, a top donators list seems to help, and maybe something small (like a postcard) to give to the top donator each month would be incentive.
    Last edited by Mermaid Gosalyn; 02-19-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added info
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

I'm donating using a friend's name. Where are we on the donations? Is there a chart somewhere, or a tracker?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ETA: I've been told it would help to have the donate button on every page here, and to have it say something like "Donate to help keep this forum running" or such. Also, a top donators list seems to help, and maybe something small (like a postcard) to give to the top donator each month would be incentive.
    Agreed. How about charging for RELEVANT ads? like from the mer community? You don't even have to have them everywhere. maybe just have an affiliates page. or rotate on the front page. That helps everyone- you get money and mer community people get more exposure directly to their market.

I was a bit nervous because it came up and said I was donating to Seaside Siren; is this correct? I donated right on ahead and I went on ahead to double it because of how long it took for me to get around to it. I am also curious as to how much more money is needed, though.

Come on people! Who hasn't donated yet? Its only $40 more before we reach our goal to support the forum for just one year!

Wow, where is everyone, then? xD

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Come on people! Who hasn't donated yet? Its only $40 more before we reach our goal to support the forum for just one year!
    How did you calculate that? from the listed donations in this thread... as some people donated anonymously... well kind of not if im writing this now.

@roaming: I asked Iona. And I donated a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Gosalyn View Post
    I'd be more than willing to donate new art each month for a postcard for top donators. It seems like a good idea and if other artists here donate photos and drawings they can sort of be collectible because they could all be one of a kind.