Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mermaids r us?

Honestly, i have a bad feeling about this.
    Since i read that thread (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...maidsrus-Again), i REALLY hope for all of you who just ordered the tails to have everything you wanted.

*fins crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Seavanna is right...you really do get what you pay for. You should read about waikiki mermaid's experience: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...aikiki+mermaid
    Eeek. That just sounds awful.

Gosh, I wonder if a place like this or Merberry is even worth it. Merberry is my first choice, but apparently they are also having some problems. I'll have to look on the other forums for that. Cause goodness...it's too much money to risk and have that as a result.
    Never tell someone that they can't be something or someone because of who they are, where they're from, or what they look like. It only makes it that much more important to prove you wrong.

"Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted." (Alamut )

Merberry has had some issues delivering on time lately and such. It's really sad. =\

It really seems that some tailmakers are jumping the gun- getting started without having taken the time to really get their process down and understanding the kind of time and overhead they'll have to work with, or taking orders when they should be capping them.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Agreed with deep blue
    And everyone and their dog seems to be either selling or raffling off a tail before even swimming in a tail, fully testing it, or even making one before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Agreed with deep blue
    And everyone and their dog seems to be either selling or raffling off a tail before even swimming in a tail, fully testing it, or even making one before.
    Not EVERYONE Raina!
    At Sirenella we carefully crafted our art form before accepting anyones dollars.
    We built out a studio, made and swam in several tails, and gave away a free tail!

So many tailmakers put the cart before the horse.

I'd like to think we are different.

Sorry it wasn't intended as an attack I know you and merdiva studios are each doing raffles. But so are a bunch of others. I've seen at least two who have been collecting money for almost a year and yet to produce anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Merdivas is not raffling anything. Yulia's tail is actually being given away with zero funds collected. I might add at a great financial expense.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Hahaha! If a dog makes a tail, will it wag?

I'm just making my tail for me...commercial tailmaking? Don't righty know just yet.

Merdivas is not raffling anything. Yulia's tail is actually being given away with zero funds collected. I might add at a great financial expense.

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was a raffle.

MermaidsRus did a raffle at/around merpalooza and I never heard a thing from it, did anyone else?

What about the shadow fancy raffle? Didn't kanti have a raffle or something too? I don't remember ever seeing what happened with either of those....

Kanti's raffle got paused right at the halfway mark, and she said she would figure out what to do with it pretty soon. I asked her about it. As for the Shadow Fancy raffle, not a clue.

I think people will always jump the gun because they see there is a market and money to be made. it's just frustrating because it's the clients who suffer. I love Jesse to death, and the tail we got from him was one of the very FIRST he ever made. So I knew there would be issues here and there, but I can't rely on it as much as if it were one of his new ones because he worked out many of those issues as he went. And when people ask me about it I have to say, this one was one of the first so you can't really compare. Same with my merbellas. It was THE first silicone and she's come so far too. At least in both cases of Jesse and Raven, they both swam in tails before, made several, and had a lot of the process down. you would not even believe how many potential tail makers email me because they're planning on selling tails and want to offer me a discount or something, only to find they've not only NEVER made a tail, some have NEVER EVEN SWAM IN A TAIL.

I actually haven't heard anything good concerning Merberry in the past year. Everyone I run across on Instagram, FB, and through other mermaids have nothing good to say about them or the products they received. One mermaid in Vancouver showed me her tail (on web cam) after the first time she wore it (dry photoshoot, but with her fluke in some shallow water) and the paint had just come right off and there was so much damage. If I were looking for a tail myself, I'd avoid them.

The raffle thing is a concern. I mean, you can't just take money from people then not do anything :/ Unless you refund all the money to everyone, that's scamming. I only express my concern cause I've seen that happen in other communities. People do a raffle and then just pocket the money Hopefully they'll either do the raffle or refund money. The last I heard about the Shadow Fancy Raffle was in May (it started in January).

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    I'd also like to mention since I posted the thread linked by Arion that I did try to swim in my tail twice. Once in a pool and again in the ocean with our pod in Hawai'i and it was UNSWIMMABLE. She made it too short in the back, so it's hard to swim as it is, but then the monofin she used is worthless. It's massive (I think it's sized for men, I have 3 inches of space in the back of my heels/ankles and blisters for trying to use it) and heavy, which would be okay if it worked, but it doesn't. I had some of my other mers feel it and we have no idea what it is. It's really thick and floppy; virtually impossible to swim in. It only hinders swimming and fills up with water--LOTS of water; I think it's because she used this super thin neoprene this time instead of neoprin so it has no where to drain water out. It balloons up in the fluke like Raina's first Mertailor tail did. Overall it's a $700 glittery mistake and a reminder of what an idiot I was to give people a second chance instead of just getting my refund via Paypal. I closed the case and you can't reopen it once it's been closed. So don't be fooled. Don't buy from her, or if you already have, make sure it's everything you want/expect when you get it or ship it back and file a claim with Paypal, don't wait and certainly don't let her talk you out of it. She'll say things like 'my account is frozen now and I don't have the funds to keep making tails', it's a load of crap and if she's selling people such bad quality tails anyway, she shouldn't be allowed to keep doing it. Buyer beware.
    Last edited by Merley; 10-25-2013 at 10:13 PM.

I wonder if she made the monofin?

Ugh I know exactly what you're describing, it sounds so much like my old mertailor. ugggh. I feel so bad. I am SO sorry this happened to you. Just keep sharing your story.

Currently I think it is Finfolk and Sirenalia who are having raffles.
    Name:  1375695_1417734878444325_236474186_n.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  105.8 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Oshun; 10-26-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah, those two are the only raffles I've heard about, and FinFolk is doing it for NC MerFest, so it's not about helping start up a business. I looked at Mermaids R Us' eBay account and this is what it states about their tails now:

There are never any refunds or returns as this is a custom professional mermaid tail.

To me, that is the same as saying:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.

The reliable tailmakers I've seen always back up their product--after all, no one wants a reputation for making a poor product! Mistakes happen, though, and any decent tailmaker would be more than happy to either fix the problem for free or let you return the tail. NOT doing that is a sign of being UNprofessional, not professional.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

So that's 4 current tail raffles, and 1 extra that no one has even heard the result from (the mermaids r us)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Pearl View Post
    Currently I think it is Finfolk and Sirenalia who are having raffles.
    Name:  1375695_1417734878444325_236474186_n.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  105.8 KB
    That is really weird. I've seen on others that their other fluke is one of the two options available, the one that Cyanea has.