Thread: Midwest and Great Lakes Merpeople

Midwest and Great Lakes Merpeople

Looking to get a few more photo shoots in before summer officially comes to a close. Are there any underwater photographers or videographers who are interested in shooting?

www.modelmayhem.com/1073625

Only have one mer shoot under my belt so far and I am itching to get more!!

I will drive!

Mermaid Odette
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

Looks like you're booked thru the end of my shooting window.

Would love to get you here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-xg7y3kJE

http://www.modelmayhem.com/336461

Lets try for next summer, I have friends in Wisconsin that I want to visit plus lots of photographers I want to shoot with. But this is an awesome place I really want to come visit! I dont have any SCUBA experience though It didnt look to deep, but looks can be deceiving.
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

The video was shot while snorkeling. Depths at Renold's Pier top out at around 12-15'. The first piece of wreckage is 3' with most of the wreckage in 6-8', and the wreckage at the end of the video at 4'. I picked that site for modeling as it can be easily snorkeled, and is still deep enough for scuba. Might be a little tough with a tail, as you have shallow water out almost 50 yards till things get deep enough to dolphin kick. The top of the bar between the first piece and the rest of the wreckage is at about 1'.

You may want a bolero jacket style wetsuit as the water is cold. Temps vary between 40-78 depending on wind and currents. With west wind, we get upwelling as the warm water moves to the other side of the lake.
    Last edited by Capt Nemo; 08-26-2011 at 01:16 PM.