Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tail Designs and Ideas From Everyone.

yeah...any new designs anyone?

I'm about to be working on some sketches I have quite a few unique ideas in mind! Lately I have been thinking a lot about alternative tails, like split-tails, and octo tails, or maybe even a REVERSE mermaid....YES I SAID IT :P

I'm a huge cichlid fan, so I have lots and lots of ideas in mind using their patterns and colors~!
    User formerly known as "Tarapotamus".

Anything new?

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Blah no... I might do one tonight since I'm free :3 I've just been so busy busy... Hmm let's see if I can think of something pretty...

I've been trying to do a design with lime green, hot pink and bright purple but I can't get it to blend right. so irritating. :b

Here's one I just did xD Inspired off of the Northern Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    I've been trying to do a design with lime green, hot pink and bright purple but I can't get it to blend right. so irritating. :b
    It takes a lot of time to get the right blend. It's not just one click and done. I spend a lot of time trying to blend the colors correctly. Plus, when the colors aren't "matching" or "alike" it makes it even harder. So green to red, blue to orange, purple to yellow, are all hard to blend since they're complimenting colors.

Ooh, I really like the green and purple on that one a lot. <3

Oh goodness yes, I could only do it on photoshop. I don't have enough markers to try it, or pencils, aha. I'll have to try again tomorrow I suppose.

You know what would be cool? Designing tails out of cartoon characters and such just for fun xD I would like to see a Lara Croft Tomb Raider kinda themed tail, anyone? xD haha

A beach towel of mine that would make a rockin' mermaid tail. :b I'd love to try and attempt this with black detailing on the fluke but I don't think I really have the right programs to try. xD
    Last edited by MerEmma; 04-07-2013 at 12:15 AM.

I just designed my personal tail that I hope to order from Merbellas someday Please excuse my horrendous photoshop skills D:

Name:  tail design.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  168.8 KB
    Mermaid Talise ~ (User formerly known as Mahina.)

I am the lorelei, dreamy and romantic~

New mer, still trying to find her tail.

@ Blondie... I loved your design based off the Northern Lights.

As a merman, my dream tail would be something with differentes shapes of blue. Like an "Aquamarine" version with the Angler fluke. Blue is my favorite color. You think you can do a design for me so i can see what it would be like as a Merbella tail?? That would be very nice of you if you can find the time to do that.

I'm considering the Mermaid Raven to do my dream tail.

Mermaid Raven's tails are almost the whole community's envy. :P

@Mahina: VERY cute! I like purple tails. The swirls are cute too ^^

@A French Merman: First of all. HI! I don't think I've ever met you on the network. I just noticed you're from Paris and I had a fan girl moments. It's my absolute dream to visit France.
    And I'd love to design that tail for you! I'm an Aquamarine fanatic too. I tried to base my tail off it a bit with a hint of Hannah. I'm currently am really busy with college stuff. I might finish it tonight actually if I get my work done right now!

Thanks, Blondie. I want it to be very fairy tale and whimsical... I may ease up on the swirliness of the swirls, but we'll see
    Mermaid Talise ~ (User formerly known as Mahina.)

I am the lorelei, dreamy and romantic~

New mer, still trying to find her tail.

@ Blondie... Bonjour mademoiselle
    I'm glad to see a fan of my country. If you ever want to visit Paris, the city of lights, i would be happy to help you and be your guide.

It's nice to see that we have the same tastes because i feel like we are on the same wavelength. I'm an Aquamarine fanatic too hehehe!
    I imagine my dream tail a bit like your design based off the Northern Lights but with differentes colors of blue. I think the result would be amazing!

Take your time to make the design. I have been a student before, i totally respect the college stuff. See you later.

Aside my dream is also to visit my other motherland. (I'm partfrench)
    I would love to see the palace of Versailles and the Paris opera house (the one with the phantom)

At the moment I'm trying to come up with a navy blue tail design, an iredescent white tail inspired by the arctic, and a tail inspired by jellyfish..

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Evolet's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Evolet on Facebook
    If some of you want to be part of my "tail design contest" just check out this thread:
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...Design-Contest

Would be great to see such awesome tail designs in my contest.
    Mermaid at Heart <3

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/meerjungfrauevolet
    *Instagram: instagram.com/mermaidevolet

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    These are all so incredibly beautiful and unqiue! I've done some designs myself here, I've got..

Neptune's daughter designs: http://mernetwork.com/index/album.php?albumid=610

and Drawn designs: http://mernetwork.com/index/album.php?albumid=280
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I'm working on a manly merman tail design cause Mermen are the shit. I've got one side finished so stay tuned and bear with me.