Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ordered any tails from the states?

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I just paid a grand total of
    $25 to have my silicone top send from North Carolina to England.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Hey everyone,
    I ordered a tail from Mernation this December and it will be posted in January. I'm a little worried about the cost of shipping and customs as it has to get to the UK. I'll post on here when I know how much it will be! I have a youtube channel if anyone is interested. I'm trying to document everything with this exciting experience!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_s...rUmiKisgWw-J-Q
    Also does anyone have any tips on how to keep shipping costs down?
    Thanks!

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    I have ordered a latex tail in November which I have paid 650€ from Under Sea Mermaidtails. Ihope the shipping and the customs cost wont be expensive.

Senior Member Euro Pod Vicky Mermaid's Avatar
    Just Curious European Mers. How did it go with shipping and customs?

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    I hope it wont be much extra costs for my tail.

Senior Member Euro Pod Vicky Mermaid's Avatar
    Anyone?

It has been a longtime since I posted here. I have bought a mermaid tail in Germany to Magictail. I do not remember how much did the shipping cost but it was not expensive. When you buy inside UE it is not as expensive as if you buy it in USA by example. I know there is a tailmaker in Toulouse not too far from my city. She makes elasthane and latex mermaid tails that are good-looking in my opinion. I think I will buy one in latex one day. However my dream is to have one in silicone. Unfortunately, I haven't found any tailmaker in Europe who makes silicone mermaid tail. So I consider to buy one to Fin Fun productions or to Merbella Studio. I find their designs gorgeous. For the shipping cost, it depends on the mode of expedition and also I would have to pay 20% VAT. So I will save a huge amount of money to buy a mermaid tail or travel in the USA to get one.

I do not know how it is for the other mers but here it is quite uneasy to mermaiding because people are not used to. Nevertheless, I found a swimming pool which accepts the monofin. I will try to bring my whole tail with me when I will go to that swimming pool. Last summer, I have try my tail for the first time in a river spot. People watched me and some asked me some questions but it was ok. It was also the first time I swam with a mermaid tail and I was not glorious at all . There were a lot of storm and the water was not clear and I could not see well underwater. My short experience allows me to tell that people are surprised and curious maybe sometimes dubitative and hilarious but never hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithilindil View Post
    So I consider to buy one to Fin Fun productions or to Merbella Studio.
    You meant "Finfolk Productions" right?

"I know there is a tailmaker in Toulouse not too far from my city. She makes elasthane and latex mermaid tails that are good-looking in my opinion. I think I will buy one in latex one day"

Absolutely don't.
    I got one from her and after two times it broke.
    I have a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    "I know there is a tailmaker in Toulouse not too far from my city. She makes elasthane and latex mermaid tails that are good-looking in my opinion. I think I will buy one in latex one day"

Absolutely don't.
    I got one from her and after two times it broke.
    I have a thread about it.
    I STRONGLY second that!

DON'T. EVER.

Do you know Aurore from Creation Sirene?

I do.
    And trust me, you DON'T want to make business with her if you really wish to own a tail WORTH the amount of money you will spend on it.

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...ht=tail+aurore

I haven't ordered a tail from out of the EU, but I do order a lot of clothing from Japan. I always use http://www.invoercalculator.nl to calculate what I roughly have to pay (it is all in Dutch, sorry). Here in The Netherlands charges can be more than half of the cost of your item

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Feilian View Post
    Here in The Netherlands charges can be more than half of the cost of your item
    Germany, too.
    Shipping is often the same amount as the entire order.
    And that is BEFORE adding taxes...

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    It probably is a lot cheaper just to make one yourself at this rate for us euro-mers. Still not cheap but if you are paying half of the cost of your tail on top of the actual tail... I would be willing to put in the effort and make my own just because of the cost being so ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar

Has anyone ordered any tails from the states?

Yup works out at about, £800-£900 to make a tail in the UK but £2200+ to buy one in from the states.
    I'm just guessing the postage is about 200-300 I'm probably wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in Florida anyway so I picked up my tail then so i cant say anything about postage but if you get the right conversion rate american tails are not as expensive as they seem. I bought from Mernation In love with my tail!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    My new tail is going to have to come to me in Honduras. I already know it will cost a bundle to ship... I just hope it makes it within a month or two! Some of my friends didn't receive their Christmas gifts until late February! (And their families mailed them early!) I guess this is what happens when your address is akin to "The Second House Down From the Red and Green Bar, Utila, Honduras."
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.