Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

I've had the same YouTube account for.. gosh, 6 years. But I decided to make a new account since I'm going pro, with my actual mermaid name on it. (Even if that means leaving behind all 289 subscribers and over 700,000 views.. X_x *sigh*) I made a new one in the summer, but forgot to post about it!

Link:
    Mermaid Iona's YouTube

I have 5 videos up, and 2 more currently in editing. Learning new software is kind of throwing a wrench in things :P I just got a new GoPro camera, so I'll be posting a lot When I get my new Merbellas tail I will be posting sooo much video- SO EXCITED!! Hope you will subscribe!

Here are my three better videos for the moment-

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I subscribed eee!!

Totally cool. Subscribed!

Is that the GoPro for those clips?

Iona's new YouTube

Yep! The Crescent Lake one was done with a GoPro 2 that Derek used, and the fin stretching and kisses one are with the GoPro 3. They're only in 1440 though. I'm about to post a video in 1080, which will look much better

Don't forget that on YouTube videos, you have to click on the settings icon in the video window and select the HD settings that you want in order for you to view it that way. Otherwise it gives you a lower-quality YouTube standard automatically. I'm not sure if everybody actually knows this.

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

thats it, thank you Iona Im getting myself a Go Pro3, I was thinking about it. I didint know if i should but that video sold me

That looks sooo cool! You look great in the water! I went to comment on the one that you took in crescent moon lake to say how its my favorite lake, but it looks like i already have xD
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

I should post more about the GoPro for anyone who is thinking of purchasing it! It's a great little camera, but there are some drawbacks. I'll post more on that later. Until then.. new video!! I'm especially proud of this one! It's in 1080p, so be sure to check the settings so it will play in full HD The music was just perfect, I especially love how the ending came together so well <3

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

Ah yes, I'd love to hear more about the GoPro. The new video is super nice, too!

Thank you everyone for subscribing!
    I've uploaded 6 more videos since the last I updated this thread

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

I subscribed! I love the one where you are eating the ice cream, it makes me laugh every time! <3
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I agree with Kalani; the ice cream eating one is just so cute! :P

Quick question about the GoPro though, as I've decided to get the Silver edition: what mount would work best for a pool-wall?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I love all your videos. I'm also a wee bit jealous bahaha but with love. <3 You have the cutest ideas! and totally gif-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    I subscribed! I love the one where you are eating the ice cream, it makes me laugh every time! <3
    Thank you! ^_^ Glad I can make people smile- that's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    I agree with Kalani; the ice cream eating one is just so cute! :P

Quick question about the GoPro though, as I've decided to get the Silver edition: what mount would work best for a pool-wall?
    I have heard the suction cup mount works good, but I don't know for sure. I just purchased a suction cup mount the other day, so I'll let you know how well it works!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I love all your videos. I'm also a wee bit jealous bahaha but with love. <3 You have the cutest ideas! and totally gif-able.
    That's a huge compliment, becuase you're awesome!

Here's a little informal video I made of Oceana and I swimming together in Vancouver

I made a video for her to put up on her channel as well, so keep an eye out for that. This week I also got a LCD screen, extra batteries, and suction cup mount for my GoPro! So those will help me make better videos for sure! The Vancouver ones were done without a viewfinder and you can kinda tell :P

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

Few new ones! I went back up to Vancouver and visited Mermaid Bjossa (or Maple, as she's known on here). We had a great time I'm proud of this first one because I delved in and learned how to use my video editing software's color corrector- it took longer but it was worth it! Also she followed my lead amazingly when we were swimming, so I got a lot of great footage! I swear at least half that stuff we didn't even plan, it just happened that way.

And us making faces, cause we love being silly :P

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

Love the video footage, came out great. I have decided to get the GoPro too, but just wasnt sure if I should splurge on the Black edition. Once I realized it had no viewfinder and that that is quite a bit extra..sigh...I had planned to get it in time for the beach, but figured the water would be too cold to swim. I was wrong. I was a bit disappointed I didn't have it. LOL

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    You have such a graceful swim, Iona! And you do a wonderful job of hiding your heels. When I get my tail, I'm going straight to your youtube to learn the tricks of the trade

Wow, I haven't updated this thing in a while! Here are the other videos on my channel:

Wingιd Mermaid Iona