Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

Here's my latest video

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Love your videos! Been subscribed for a while.

Your tail looks amazing in this video! In most of your pictures your tail looks blue, but in this video it looks a little purple too.

did you use a tripod when you filmed this video?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Your tail looks amazing in this video! In most of your pictures your tail looks blue, but in this video it looks a little purple too.

did you use a tripod when you filmed this video?
    The color can hide and change in different lighting for sure! I didn't use a tripod exactly, I used a suction cup mount on the bottom of the pool It amounts to the same thing though. That's the way almost all my videos are done (in the photoshoot video, the gopro was mounted on the photographer's camera) since I don't have anyone to be my camera man.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

New video

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    So gorgeous. Every time I see one of your videos I think "... Iona looks almost exactly like one of John William Waterhouse's sirens!". Admit it gurrl... you stepped outta a painting.
    Hope you find an option that helps you colour correct your videos, too! (re your other thread)
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post

New video

<3 Urgh- Your videos are the reason why I want to grow my hair... *enchanted*

Thank you Mermaid Syrena and Ariel Starfish! You guys are so sweet

Here's another one! Not very dynamic cause I left hubby in charge of the camera, and he just sat it on the table and left it- I'm still teaching him, haha :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Omg, your tail just looks SO pretty in the sunlight. I love the song choice, too, and I kind of like how it was almost a time-lapse! Haha. :P

May I ask if that was a hired gig? Such a unique sort of thing. :P

My tail looks it's best in sunlight for sure The sun was behind me in the video, so that's why it doesn't look as colorful as it does in the photos (where my hubby went to the other side of the fountain to shoot them). I didn't even realize the sun was an issue until I looked at the footage- oops! Gotta be more aware.

Nah, it was just me having fun Usually they are very uptight about, "No people in the fountain!" but since the Blackberry Festival was going on they put off the security completely and let people play in it, so I seized my chance! I got spoken to, to possibly be entertainment for the festival officially for next year though The main band they have is The Navy Guys where they perform in dress whites, and the festival is on the boardwalk, so it would be a good match to have a mermaid around. I'm keepin my fins crossed! I also made $15 in busk money, which was kinda cool!

Apparently I need to start uploading just audio to YouTube BEFORE i make my video, to decide on music.. all the music I end up using ends up being blocked on mobile devices, and it's killing my views -_- I'd like to use less "mermaidy" music and have some fun stuff too, but all of that stuff always ends up on syndication to not include mobile views because of copyright.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Ugh, YouTube and the copyright laws and issues are just so damn annoying. I dread if I ever put up any videos because I don't want to leave it music-less but I just...gahhhhhhh. Good luck with dealing with that...I wish YouTube could be more clear about the rules but I can see why it'd be hard. :\

That's really neat just as a fun to-do thing...seriously, ahhhh. That just sounds like SO much fun.

New video! This one is just some footage I took while I was practicing for Paradiso. I figured if I filmed myself I could go back and watch and see what needed improvement. Needless to say my bubble hearts still fizzle haha :P I did a ton of turns becuase I knew in the tank I'd have to do them often, and in a tight space (I think the tank was 3 1/2- 4 feet wide?) so that's why there are so many in the video. I actually had hours of footage but thought the same stuff would get boring really fast, because it was pretty much a lot of stuff over and over again. So I had some fun with editing a little

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

It's so peaceful. ^^

Yay! Owl City.

This is a fantastic video, Iona. I love how in the beginning you synchronized your bubble kisses to the music.

Totally cool. Subscribed!!!!

I used some creative commons footage in addition to my footage for this video. Really pleased at how it turned out

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Did you say you we're getting a new tail Iona?

Iona's new YouTube

My first posts in this thread were before I got my Merbellas tail, so the tail I have now was the one I was talking about then

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Thank you Stormy! I actually had this video made a week ago, but my video editor refused to render it. I spent hours and hours and hours trying to find the problem.. I ran all manner of cleaners, diagnostics, disk repairs, ect on my computer and even uninstalled and reinstalled the video editor. Tried rendering all the video previews 200 frames at a time , exporting in different formats, searching for corrupt frames- you name it. With the pre rendering it would only do 200 frames at a time or guaranteed it would freeze, so I did it that much at at time- t took 5 minutes to do 200 frames, more times than not freezing part way through so each time I had to force quit the program thus losing whatever it was rendering. BTW my footage is 60 frames per second, so that means I was doing it in 3 second increments. 5 minutes for 3 seconds, and only half the time it would actually do it. Finally I just had to export/encode each clip by itself one by one, then reload it into the program and re make the whole video from those. What a nightmare! I just realized today I spent a week on a video hardly anyone is going to watch X_x Ah well. It was a learning experience at least! Silver lining, right?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona