Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

Oh my goodness Iona I don't think it takes me that long to edit a video. only takes me about an hour. Nawwww *pats your head* the pain you have gone through. Don't say people won't watch it do you not know how many fans you have girl :P hehe Your video will be watched. I'm a fan I just watched it. Yes it is a learning curve my dear

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    On your comment about the mobile devices, just got a laptop and now I can watch your videos! Yay! I love how genuine you are in all of your videos, and your editing is wonderful.

It usually only takes me a few to several hours to do a video. I usually have 2 hours of footage to sort through, turn all that into clips, edit the speed, color balance (RGB shadows, RGB midtones, RGB highlights), brightness and contrast. Then chose music and put the clips in order, put in transitions, add watermark, make a ending photo and PNG for the subscribe button, make youtube custom thumbnail with the title in fancy fonts, then render and put it all on youtube with description. But for some reason cropping 1080 footage to take 40% off the side and 40% off the bottom then have it zoom to have the cropped bit still be 1080 just gave my editor freaking fits. That's why rendering those and putting it back in the project worked. There WERE some corrupt frames too. Don't know if you've ever had those but if you have them your video won't render. And at 60fps going through frame by frame trying to find them is just maddening.

I was almost like-

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kaila Mermaid View Post
    On your comment about the mobile devices, just got a laptop and now I can watch your videos! Yay! I love how genuine you are in all of your videos, and your editing is wonderful.
    Thank you! <3 Means a lot, especially after that whole video software ordeal!

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

New video! This video was specially made for an event put on by Marshall University Women's Studies Program (Marshall University is one of the big universities in my home state of West Virginia). The yearly event is called "Body Shots" and is all about woman's image and cultures surrounding it. This year was "Body Shots VIII: Mermaids"!

Really proud of how this one came out
    Though I have whole new respect for sound guys. I had to butcher the narration track into 5 different tracks and chop it up dozens of times to get it all to stay at one volume.

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

What an awesome video Iona! Great quality, you can tell a lot of work went into it. I love your MerBellas tail
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    beautiful!!! love you and everything you stand for Iona I hope to carry that same message with me throughout my merman experience you are truly an inspiration to all.

Iona, I cannot get over how beautiful and graceful you are as a mer Such an inspiration <3 keep making videos, they're so fun to watch.

Thank you so much you guys! <3 I'm getting such great feedback from this video, it's really touching!

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    Well they're all true like many Mers you are truly an inspiration

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Really enjoyed watching that Iona we'll done!

Iona that is simply a beautiful video

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    As I've said before: Beautiful video Iona, and thank you so much for the quote!

So stunning **
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Your words hit me right in the core. What a lovely video and a wonderful message. I'm utterly geeking out over it right now, haha. Keep on keeping on! That was utterly beautiful.

Follow Mermaid Aubrie On Twitter Add Mermaid Aubrie on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Aubrie's Youtube Channel
    I subscribed back seastar, mahalo for subscribing to mines (:
    ​ MerLove & Light, xoxo Mermaid Aubrie

V-Log explaining why I haven't posted a new video in several months. Also current happenings and some other tidbits

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    how long have you had your tail for Iona?

So how is the GoPro working for you? I got the GoPro, the first one, and it's the most moody device I've ever worked with. It left such a foul taste that even when the new ones came out, I've been too scared to get them. Is the GoPro 2 or 3 better? I really want an underwater camera, but I want one that will work.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Can I please share some of these on my Mermaid page please?? They are amazing! I know I am only new to being a mermaid but I know for sure I am in it for the long haul! And my dreams revolve around doing Mermaid kids parties and hopefully getting my etsy store selling stuff online with part time work I also adore your Tops etc you make so amazing any hints or tips would be appreciated lol :P

Also thanks for letting me know about the shell company on my page Mermaid Silverlilly too I so appreciated it!

Thanks again and great videos You do some wonderful things!
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Rebecca".

ETSY PAGE!
    MERMAID SILVERLILLY FACEBOOK PAGE!