Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

Forgot to post about the video I made of me and Cyanea on the Oregon coast! Here it is

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

New video! I went to a meetup on Sunday- my first meetup in VA! I met so many wonderful mers! Finfolk Productions brought 2 extra tails for people to use, and I got to try on and swim in one of their tails for the first time! It fit nearly perfectly, swam wonderfully, and looked amazing! Made a video just for the footage I got swimming in it, along with the lovely Mermaid Viktoria, who also was very kind in being my camera woman

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Oooh, I used to live in VA! I missed it
    But that video is great, Iona! Where was the meeting? What a lovely place to swim!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    youtube sometimes craps out on me, wouldnt let me comment. but the video is amazing and look fin-tastic in that tail

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    What a beautiful video, Iona!!! I only wish it were longer

Thank you everyone <3

The meetup was at Lake Phoenix, which is a big dive spot! Which is also why the viability wasn't so great, the divers were kicking up stuff from the bottom like crazy! It was pretty cool though- there were lots of things at the bottom of the lake. A sailboat, a car, a bus, and trees! And it was warm, oh WARM WATER! After living in the Pacific Northwest for 4 years, you have no idea how happy I was to be in warm water!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

New video! Working on some of my backlogged fottage (boy do I have a lot of it..)- this is me and Raina in the Aquatron in Halifax, almost exactly a year ago

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Finfolk unboxing video, and a thank you video for Merman Arion now up ^_^

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Very nice movie´s!!!

Me, Merman Christian, and Mermaid Hales swimming Lake Phoenix

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

That video is GORGEOUS. That last shot of Hales is beautiful, and it's so peaceful ahhhggghhh <3 How deep down is the boat?

Thank you! It was really tricky to color correct (SO GREEN, lots of lighting shifts) but worth it in the end Pushed me to finally learn how to use some other color correcting tools.

It wasn't very deep, I think about 15-20 feet down. Sadly I couldn't rest on the top of it, I have some ear issues (they won't equalize at all anymore, seeing an ENT soon cause there are other issues too) so I couldn't get down right on top of it. My ears would scream at me about 2-3 feet from the top of it. Boo Hopefully I can get the issues resolved (fins crossed) by next summer!

I kind of felt like a creeper with the video camera filming them while they were doing shoots with Joe (Hyli's husband), haha, but made for some good footage!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I concur with the gorgeous comment! It looks like something straight out of a movie (or a dream)!

It was worth it! Hales looks so peaceful resting on that rock. :b Is that a Kariel tail?
    Sorry about your poor ears. ): I can't imagine the pressure that deep--I haven't been swimming lately, so I can barely get down to 12ft the few times I've been able to go. Hope you can find a solution to it, what a badass location that is.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I just finished watching it and you did a fintastic job on it all, so beautiful! xx
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    It was worth it! Hales looks so peaceful resting on that rock. :b Is that a Kariel tail?
    Sorry about your poor ears. ): I can't imagine the pressure that deep--I haven't been swimming lately, so I can barely get down to 12ft the few times I've been able to go. Hope you can find a solution to it, what a badass location that is.
    Hales definitely has natural beauty and grace! And she's so sweet too ^_^ And yes, she has a Kariel Tail of Art tail- it's lovely!

The ear thing has been frustrating. My breath hold says, "Go for it!" then my ears scream "Stop!!!" Urgh. I do have some hope, since this wasn't always a problem, maybe it can be fixed. I have other vestibular issues that developed too (like suddenly developing tinnitus, vertigo, and other things). I'm REALLY hoping maybe all I need is a professional ear cleaning. I wore ear plugs every night while sleeping for over 6 years (since I'm a night owl, and daywalkers are noisy :P). So that could have caused some blockage issues. But now I'm rambling about my ears haha :P
    Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed the video

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    I just finished watching it and you did a fintastic job on it all, so beautiful! xx
    Thank you so much! Most of the credit goes to my wonderful subjects, of course! ^_^ I really enjoyed filming it and putting it together. Well, except for the few rage quits when it came to the color correcting :P But I got those colors to behave themselves, mostly

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Oh gosh! I hope all is well soon for your ears. You've probably seen this before, but just in case, I remembered seeing this on Reddit for a short-term relief from tinnitus. I don't really understand or know anything about it myself, but I thought I'd share it. https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments...garage/cv3474n

Cool! I'll give that a try, thanks!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

New video! Went to Ocean View beach (Norfolk, VA) and saw rocks and knew I had to get on them, haha. And don't worry- NO tails were harmed in the making of this video

Wingéd Mermaid Iona