Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mermaid Iona's YouTube Channel

Finally got around to finishing this one with me, Mermaid Hyli, Mermaid Nova, and Mermaid Viktoria!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Lovely as always!

I am subscribed can’t wait to watch all the videos after work tonight !!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Can't wait to watch it!
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

New video up! Silver lining to being demonetized on YouTube- I can use copyrighted songs again, without stressing about missing out on ad money! I had a lot of fun making this, and I've been wanting to use this song ever since I played Darksiders 2 years ago! I loved that I was able to match the feel of the song, and was able to line so many musical things up with the video with some editing work. Makes me happy And to all those hard working mermaid content creators still monetized on YT- yes, I still click your ads! ^_^

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

All the mermaids are so beautiful and look so majestic.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    WOW! Iona! What a beautiful video! Where did you film this?

Thank you! It was in the Chesapeake Bay, specifically at a beach called Chic's Beach. In a few shots you can see part of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge behind me (it's a huge 4.3 mile bridge).

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Your channel got demonitized? Thats weird and awful!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    Your channel got demonitized? Thats weird and awful!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    A ton of channels did. Like thousands and thousands. Anyone with less than 1,000 subscribers AND 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months. This is due to the Logan Paul incident. YouTube didn't come right out and say it, but everyone knows that's exactly why. Tons of people have made videos calling YT out on this. His stunt scared a TON of big advertisers off of YouTube as a platform. They don't want their brands associated with content like that, and it's too much of a risk for them to stay on. YouTube doesn't have enough ads and ad revenue to go around, so they upped the requirements to be a YT partner. Same thing happened in April a year (or two?) back. Ads were found to be on extremist videos, so a ton of advertisers dropped YouTube. YouTube increased the requirement to 10,000 lifetime views, and everyone who was still a partner saw a big decrease in their ad revenue as well. After people hit 10,000 views they had to wait for approval, and some had been waiting for months when this new requirement got announced.
    What makes it even more infuriating, is that Logan Paul has still not been banned from YouTube or from YouTube Partnership. Even after he released a new video of them tasering a dead rat, showing that he clearly has not learned his lesson and shouldn't be on the platform. Last I heard (last week I think) was YouTube had temporarily suspended the ads on his video. Not banned him from running ads, temporarily suspended. Why? Because he makes millions on YouTube, and therefore YouTube makes millions off of him, because YouTube takes 45% of ad earnings. So what do they do instead? They raise the bar so thousands of small channels can't make any money, but keeping the big players on the platform happy. It's ridiculous.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Whaaat!? That's terrible and I'm so sad you had that happen Iona. And all the other innocent creators.

Have you heard of DTube? - which is a decentralised platform (part of Steemit) where users can get paid for not only making videos but watching and commenting on them too.
    Perhaps something like this with less restrictions will be the future.

New video with some updates on my YT channel and upcoming videos.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I've started posting past unpublished footage, starting with this video from Pirates Life For Us 2014- with Mermaid Merlissa, Una The Mermaid, and Mermaid Jennifer!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

A relaxing video of me and Mermaid Cyanea lazing in the waves, to ease your stressful day

Also, this is the 3rd video in a row where I've used video game soundtracks for the music, haha.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Outtakes/bloopers video! Had some fun putting this together! 😆

BTW, when I say the water was SUPER FREEZING- looked up the water temps for Dyes Inlet where that was, the max temp during the month we swam was 54ºF (12ºC)! 😱

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I don't know HOW you do that cold water!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    A lot of cursing, apparently Also after a few minutes I just kind of went numb- we only stayed in long enough to get some video (this one). I had signs mild hypothermia when I got out, but my husband helped me back to the car and got me warmed up quick! Wasn't the first time- I swam in a lot of cold water spots when I lived in the Pacific Northwest!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    You said it!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Video of the lovely Mermaid Cyanea swimming at Short Sands Beach!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona