Thread: My Senior Project Video -Freediving/SCUBA

Red face My Senior Project Video -Freediving/SCUBA

Hey all!
    I decided that I needed a video to go along with my senior boards (my final, cumulative project presentation of everything I have done in HS.) It is in-cooperated into a 16 minute long speech so the video itself isn't very long.

Since I have been getting into freediving a lot more, I decided to included it since my theme for the whole project is the ocean, and it will help me stand out.

This is what I have, it is very basic since its supposed to just touch on the subject, since it is only one aspect of who I am.

If anyone had any constructive criticism or any advice they would like to give me it would be much appreciated! Im not a pro video maker after all :P

Thanks!

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Hmm, I guess any critiquing would be dependent on what you plan to say in your speech, and the requirements of the assignment. Could you post a summary of both, so we know what type of help may be needed? Other then that, it is a good video, and you look beautiful underwater!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrittany View Post
    Hey all!
    I decided that I needed a video to go along with my senior boards (my final, cumulative project presentation of everything I have done in HS.) It is in-cooperated into a 16 minute long speech so the video itself isn't very long.

Since I have been getting into freediving a lot more, I decided to included it since my theme for the whole project is the ocean, and it will help me stand out.

This is what I have, it is very basic since its supposed to just touch on the subject, since it is only one aspect of who I am.

If anyone had any constructive criticism or any advice they would like to give me it would be much appreciated! Im not a pro video maker after all :P

Thanks!

This is awesome! I was planning on doing my senior studies project on the same thing! Well... Sort of. Either way this is super cool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Danielle View Post
    Hmm, I guess any critiquing would be dependent on what you plan to say in your speech, and the requirements of the assignment. Could you post a summary of both, so we know what type of help may be needed? Other then that, it is a good video, and you look beautiful underwater!
    Well, the whole project is basically...
    -Describe your background
    -Talk about Research paper and how it has influenced you
    -Desribe how your Community Experience has affected you
    -Explain who you are today and what you plan for your future

For my speech, I will include the video where it talks about who i am today and what I plan on doing in the future.

But what you really have to do is try and make yourself stand out. Since I am participating in the honors program its almost like a competition to make it so you are noticed.
    The video must be less than 2 minutes long.

Those are the basic requirements for it Thanks for looking at it!

Video editing feedback is great too.
    Last edited by MermaidBrittany; 02-21-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Anyone else have more feedback?
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

16 minute speech? Holy moly. The video looks good! The fade through black are good standard transitions to use so they look good. The only thing I might have done is to have the text fade into the solid background and back out again. It makes it pop a little more. I don't know if you have the capability to do that with the video editing program you have, though. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of the video. Is there a reason that it's so short (are there restrictions, ect)? I'm curious as to why you didn't make mention of your tail/mermaiding or have a small clip. The reason I ask is if you're really wanting to stand out, that would be a way to do it for sure. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever heard you mention if you have one or not.

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    16 minute speech? Holy moly. The video looks good! The fade through black are good standard transitions to use so they look good. The only thing I might have done is to have the text fade into the solid background and back out again. It makes it pop a little more. I don't know if you have the capability to do that with the video editing program you have, though. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of the video. Is there a reason that it's so short (are there restrictions, ect)? I'm curious as to why you didn't make mention of your tail/mermaiding or have a small clip. The reason I ask is if you're really wanting to stand out, that would be a way to do it for sure. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever heard you mention if you have one or not.
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I will definitely look to change the lettering transitions. The reason I only used the standard transitions was because I think using too many takes away from the content. Its so short because it has to be under 2 min and I have soo many other things to include. :/ About standing out, wellll I wanted to stand out buut I didn't want to overwhelm them with strange, new things that they couldn't quite digest. Its also kind of a sensitive subject with me, and there will be a group of other senior is the room as well so I decided to keep with the basics. :P
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

If anyone was wondering, I had my speech on Friday and i passed!!! The time limit was from 14-16 min and i ended RIGHT on 16 min! Whew talk about cutting it close!
    Anyways, they were very intrigued and I was the most uniquely diverse person that presented of which i am very proud of.
    The board loved the video so mission accomplished!
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

That's so awesome!!! Congrats!

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Thanks so much!