Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FISH BUTTS......ANNOYED>>>>

FISH BUTTS......ANNOYED>>>>

I ordered a tail for my daughter from them in OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!! still no tail ayet and was told 8 weeks when we ordered it, this was to be a xmas gift.

Anyone else have this problem with them, will we ever see our tail?

Also does anyone have a phone number for them, I am sick of emailing them with no real response other than an automated reply!

Aww geeze that sucks ):
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone has Stevi's personal info aside from her email.

Tailmaking seems to be a very long process so she may be behind schedule at the moment.
    I also noticed on her website it says she's not taking any more partial-silicone tail orders so she's
    probably reached an overload and realizes she needs to work on the orders she has before
    she can take any additional ones.

I believe Stevi works by herself so maybe she's just overwhelmed.

You could try sending her a facebook message?

Hope everything works out.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Aww geeze that sucks ):
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone has Stevi's personal info aside from her email.

Tailmaking seems to be a very long process so she may be behind schedule at the moment.
    I also noticed on her website it says she's not taking any more partial-silicone tail orders so she's
    probably reached an overload and realizes she needs to work on the orders she has before
    she can take any additional ones.

I believe Stevi works by herself so maybe she's just overwhelmed.

You could try sending her a facebook message?

Hope everything works out.

I agree with Kanti. I ordered a tail from her before she became Fish Butts and she is usually good about getting back to people. Try facebook sorry that happened. I've been trying to get into contact with her as well and I know she's swamped right now. You can also try putting "TAIL ALREADY ORDERED" or "PURCHASED TAIL" as the subject she might be ignoring emails from people she doesn't believe is ready to order, etc.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

PS
    BEST PARENT EVER! I wish my parents ordered me a tail for Christmas!!!

Sooo many people have been having this issue. I haven't, but my friend Isis ordered during that Cyber Monday sale, and the tails hasn't even been started. No emails or updates either. She did try to post on Facebook, but got deleted and banned. But I probably shouldn't be talking. I'll try to get Isis on this thread to share for herself.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yes a lot of people are having this problem and I know fishbutts is working their asses off to get it together. Hopefully it'll get resolved for you soon.

It would be really nice if you introduced yourself on the forum however.

I have the EXACT same problem.
    Ordered my tail back in October. No pictures. NO updates. I was a told a few times "It will be shipped out in a couple of weeks" or "I'll send you photos tonight"

Nothing...

I'm strating to get a bit irritated... I understand it take longer, but being lied to is NOT okay.
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidIsis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    Sooo many people have been having this issue. I haven't, but my friend Isis ordered during that Cyber Monday sale, and the tails hasn't even been started. No emails or updates either. She did try to post on Facebook, but got deleted and banned. But I probably shouldn't be talking. I'll try to get Isis on this thread to share for herself.
    ok kalani im here so i had the exact same problem. we even paid extra to have it here on christmas(money we didnt have). its been a couple of months now with no reply. ive tried to contact her on their facebook page, and she deleted my comments and the blocked me. so we have no way of reaching her because she stoped answering her email. last we heard they were working on it and would send me a pic of it, but that dosnt make sence because she stoped responding after we made the last payment. i hope you get your tail soon! im sure it will be great when we get our tails!

Im in the same boat. I created a thread that exploded a few weeks back. I ordered my tail in September, and then she didn't allow it to cure long enough, was put in the water in less than 10 minutes the tail litererally fell apart in the aquarium. She then offered me to fix it. I paid for an upgrade that was only going to be a "partial" silicone...After I threatened legal action because I STILL don't have my tail, I got an immediate response but only then...I was then told that it would be here some time in february, and then I emailed her last week and she said she would "try" to get it to me by the 28th. Which is the deadline for my contract with my event that I have coming up for all the promotional work and will pretty much screw me out of a TON of stuff if I don't get it by then. I havent gotten it yet and yes I am going to give her til Friday because that is what she has said...after that...sh!ts going to get real...real quick. I'm sick of these tail makers thinking that they can just crank out tails like a sweatshop. What pisses me off more is that she is taking orders ONTOP of what she is already backed up against....She needs to focus on getting what she hasnt been able to deliver and get THAT taken care of. This community is small enough that with enough bad reports on her customer service skills and overall product, this could ruin her. I dont want to see that happen to anyone but enough is enough. I am fed up with the situation and the lack of communication from the actual person who is working on the tails and whose business it is and not the assistant. I really appriciate the fact that Stevi has someone to help her but on the opposite side of things, this is her livelyhood and her reputation on the line...not Rose's. Ive already told about 20 to 25 people that want to be in this community to not order from Fish Butts because of all the issues. I've already had to purchase an additional tail from a friend who is selling one of her Mertailors (AND I HATE MERTAILOR) so that way I have a tail that I know will be available for my promotional stuff. Its very sad to see this happen to her. I hope she can pull her head out of her tail real soon. Theres a reason why the successful tail makers are as successful as they are...because they pay strict attention to their customers and do not bite off more than they can handle. Best of luck to you! I hope you get your tail or your money back!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I too ordered a tail back in Dec 2012 for my daughter but I'm still waiting, but I'm in contact with Rose every few weeks so the communication keeps flowing and I have already had to give different measurements as my daughter has grown but I knew this was going to happen so that doesn't worry me. LOL
    I just hope by the time it's made the weather is still warm enough for her to take her first swim at the Busselton Jetty because that was her goal. I still have faith in Stevi and hope it's on it's way soon
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Wow thats terrible I guess tailmakers sort of take on way too much than they can do sometimes.
    It seems like she's sort of falling into similar habits that the mertailor has. I think tailmaking is a lot more
    stressful than we imagine. Maybe the mertailor wasn't such a bad guy after all. He's just overwhelmed like
    Stevi is now.

But how can she block you on a fanpage? As far as I knew you weren't allowed to do that? Or at least I didn't
    know it was possible when I tried looking it up a few months back.

Either way, that really sucks. I hope Stevi can get the help she needs to get stuff back on track. It sucks to fall
    behind. You just have to keep going or else you get buried alive in work.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I think they turned the wall off, which people might be confusing as a block. I actually suggested they turn the wall off and redirect people to email so they can keep track of who is who and put stuff in folders etc. Plus FB will automatically hide some wallposts and you don't always get notifications. Also a certain person was making fake accounts to feed off the drama and make it LOOK like there were more angrier customers than there actually are. Which was really disappointing because it only took 2 clicks to see who they actually were. :/ I mean yeah, there's no excuse for this many unhappy people, but someone with a personal issue shouldn't piggy back on it and try to make it look worse than it is. It's bad enough on it's own as a situation.

I really hope they figure everything out. I think Stevi is great, and I know she's gone through a lot, but I feel SO BAD for all of you who have been waiting SO long. it sucks all the way around. I realllllllllly hope it gets resolved soon. It's great Rose stepped in to help but then SHE ended up insanely sick!!!! It sucks when your help can't help! lol

Shutting her wall of may not have been the best idea if it makes people think they've been banned.
    It also makes people worry that she's trying to silence everyone's negative opinions of her when she's
    actually just trying to keep people from worrying other people.
    Still, she needs to step up and take a bit of responsibility. People will understand if she says she's taken
    up too much work, she just needs to tell them that and apologize personally. There's nothing worse than
    leaving people hanging, it's bad business, and the combination of non-answered emails and blocked wall
    will definitely say "scammer" to some people.
    Turning the wall off was a bad move, imo. She should turn it on as soon as she can and just put out a little
    message letting her customers know that she's run into some trouble and needs more time. Then she needs
    to seriously get back on the emails. It might take her a while, but it will definitely calm her customers down
    and make them less worried.
    She can get to the work one step at a time, and she may have to re-compensate people for the time they've
    waited, but that's just what happens. It's better to come to terms with your mistakes and face them in a
    manner that you and your customer will be happy than it is to ruin your name by being too scared to take
    responsibility and contact your customers.
    They made you who you are, after all.

Last edited by Kanti; 02-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Now Raina, no rumors or drama needed to be added to the situation.
    Even if it is true, we don't need to hear about the supposedly fake people who are angry, we have
    plenty of real people who are much more concerned with their tails.

I'm giving you one of the EXACT reasons why it was done, since it was brought up so people know the context of WHY. And actually, after I made this post (seconds after, so it wasn't like they saw it and changed it right away) and went back and looked and the wall is back on, so it was only off for a while. I think you weren't active when this whole thing started either, so you've missed a few things that have been posted on their FB and on here so you're missing some of the context.

Anyway, Rose, the lady who's volunteering her time to help Stevi get caught up made a post about this on FB and told me I could share. Not saying I agree or disagree, just sharing it since she's decided to step away from the network til this is all handled. So here's what Rose has to say:

people forget that tailmakers have lives too, that they don't sit down and make nothing but tails, at all hours of the day. They forget that Stephanie is one person who went through a traumatic change in her life and yet sucks it up and makes tails as much as she can within a day. They don't realize that emotions can affect work which is why she needed to do the move. The tails are not mass produced. Nor does she want to send out a product which will fall apart on the client. I have a life too remember im married and doing my own Mermaid parties. I cant be glued to a phone or a computer 24/7 to answer the 100+ emails which come in on the website and the gmail... not that many care, but Ive been sick for quite a while now, yet i do what i can to help out. The other day i was in the emergency room hooked up to an IV and there i was answering emails and sending messages thru my phone because i wanted to at least answer some emails. Im not doing this because of tails or money. But because i am willing to help out a friend.

People dont understand even with an FAQ theres still more emails asking the same questions which can be answered if they bothered to look at the FAQ. along with those who ask for a photo update which was previously stated that Only completed tail photos would be sent. And emails get buried. I am one person and so is Stephanie. Yes there's a delay, Stephanie is doing her best to get tails out and this was already posted. i try to answer emails faster now that the other email is set up. Ask Dana who sees her every chance she gets who knows what Stephanie is goin thru. A tail takes time to be made, but Stephanie is trying her hardest to get tails out there and keep people happy without giving them a crappy product. All tailmakers dont know how far they can get without being overwhelmed till they take a step. Thats why MVD and Raven take limited orders. Stephanie now knows her limit. People need to take a chill pill. Seriously. Im staying off mernetwork for a while because lifes getting hectic for me as well.

I stand by my original statement, this SUCKS all around. Sucks for Stevi, Sucks for the people who paid money for a tail months ago. I agree it wasn't handled well and I really really hope they can get it all together without crashing and burning. I want to see them succeeded and everyone get their tails =(

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    First, I'm really sorry to hear that people are having trouble with getting their tails. I really hope everything gets sorted out, and quickly, for everyone's sake.
    ....but I will also say this- Rose comes across as being extremely annoyed that people are upset with how long it's taking to get their tails- I'd be pretty angry if this is the response I got from them after not hearing anything for months. Rose makes the customers sound like impatient, whiny, insensitive jerks. If Stevi is having such a terrible time, maybe she should consider putting tail making on hold until she is feeling better, rather than try to pile more onto herself.
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel
    Well, latest from the Facebook Page is that more of the "delayed" tails will be sent out starting next week. You will be getting your tails soon so there is an end in sight.

I wish that Stephanie would post pictures on facbook of tails shes working on, so then we can see she's actually working on our tails.

"Only completed tail photos would be sent" <- that was never disclosed to me as a customer.

I was promised a photo "update" two weeks after my order back in October. That never came. I was then promised a "photo update" early January. That never came. Both of these came from Stevi who never claimed that these "photos updates" would only be of my completed tail.

Also, I get that tail makers have a life, but it annoys me to see Stevi taking MORE tail orders in January and Feburary when I paid for my tail back in October and haven't recieved it or a photo or anything to prove she's done ANYTHING in regards to my tail when my invoice says my tail would be done in 6-8 weeks.

It's been 17 weeks...

Never ONCE have I recieved an apology for how long it is taking - Only Rose has thanked me for being "very patient".. .but that patience is running out. It's not like a tail purchase is something minor.
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Margarete View Post
    "Only completed tail photos would be sent" <- that was never disclosed to me as a customer.

I was promised a photo "update" two weeks after my order back in October. That never came. I was then promised a "photo update" early January. That never came. Both of these came from Stevi who never claimed that these "photos updates" would only be of my completed tail.

Also, I get that tail makers have a life, but it annoys me to see Stevi taking MORE tail orders in January and Feburary when I paid for my tail back in October and haven't recieved it or a photo or anything to prove she's done ANYTHING in regards to my tail when my invoice says my tail would be done in 6-8 weeks.

It's been 17 weeks...

Never ONCE have I recieved an apology for how long it is taking - Only Rose has thanked me for being "very patient".. .but that patience is running out. It's not like a tail purchase is something minor.

That sounds like she hasn't started working on the tail at all.
    Honestly, it's a vicious cycle with working on your own. Tails are the only thing she does to make
    money so she's going to be needing to take more orders regardless of whether she can afford to or
    not. Chances are she ended up having a big rush at one point and couldn't afford to tackle them all soon
    enough and bills ended up piling up and leeching her money supply
    so she had no choice but to keep taking
    tail orders.

It's a touchy subject in these situations. You're angry about your tail but you're at the mercy of the person
    making them to give it to you. At this point I'm sure you guys just want your tails, but Stevi has probably
    dug herself into such a hole that she's scared to face it on her own.

I'd actually like to email her, as someone who doesn't have a tail order, and as someone who's run into this
    before. I feel like the direction she's been going in as of lately isn't a very good one, but it's a trap most
    people fall into when they have their own businesses.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Its a terrible situation any way you look at it. We are all in the same boat. I have a friend who has a tail that was ordered in JUNE and still doesn't have hers...Its a pain in the fishbutt...literally. I'm hoping that we are all able to get our delayed tails this week. I'm not holding my breath though... I've come to realize that I will only be disapointed if I expect something as promised time and time again. I wish everyone the best of luck in their waiting process...this is never fun. I think Raina is doing an excellent job in communicating with Stevi and Rose on this matter and she shouldn't have to do that but she is and Thank you Raina for your want and drive to help the community. We all want our product as fast as possible since have waited an extremely long time and I for one have lost faith in the tail makers I've ordered from in the past. This community is small enough that we want our merfriends to succeed in their endeavors. Tailmaking takes a TON of time and commitment. Some people have it, some people don't. She's got the commitment, just not the time it seems. Life takes over and I for one completely understand that. I am married, a full time student, a mom, AND I own a business. SO, knowing that we have real lives is a fact. But making tails doesn't mean you can take on more and more and more....I think honestly she needs to face the music instead of passing it off to someone else to answer. I love the fact that she has someone to help her but then the person who can help her is sick and cant do HER job so in turn nothing is being accomplished. I think that she really needs to take a step back and reevaluate her customers and her business. There is a reason that Merbellas and FlipTails and Thom all have a maximum order of like 3 tails. They can focus on exactly what the customers want and need and not feel like its piling up on them. She's got WAY too much going on in her home life that she really needs to take a break from this for a while and then come back when she's ready to take it on. This can't be just a "part time profession" when you have people who have invested money into it. I hope we can all rest easy by the end of the week and we have our tails. By now we should have some sort of update and a tracking number at the very least by tomorrow. I have my fins crossed not only for myself but for everyone else who is in the same boat.