Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FISH BUTTS......ANNOYED>>>>

Hoping that the white tail that was just posted on FB is mine...REALLLLY hoping!

Both the tails she posted are gorgeous!

Agreed. I messaged about the one to see if it was mine, havent heard anything but chances are good that it is because of the color combination with the white and slightly pink as I asked...however the fluke isn't exactly what I had hoped for but...I hope its mine. This could all be over!

This happens to so many people. So, dont sweat it and remember she is a normal person too. She might procrastinate or have other things to worry about rather than her most likely small off to the side business. I know this must be struggling, but it will come and don't be afraid to e-mail her. If it was suppose to come in December you most definitely have the right to ask what is going on.
    beauty inthewater, angelonthe beach

Well it wasn't my tail and in fact it was a picture of a tail from almost a month ago and she just decided to put up a picture with better lighting or something. Just saying...if you're supposed to be putting up pictures of newly completed tails...don't you think they should be uhm..."newly completed" instead of giving those of us false hopes about what you're working on. Ugh! I'm approaching my deadline for my contract and my deadline will come and go and I know I won't have my tail which then in turn will effect my company and my business. At this point, it would have to be shipping today overnight pretty much to get it to me on time. Like I said, I've lost complete and total faith in these tail makers that promise one thing but cannot deliver.

Have you had this experience with different tailmakers besides Steph? If you haven't, the last sentence is a bit of a exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ariaella View Post
    Well it wasn't my tail and in fact it was a picture of a tail from almost a month ago and she just decided to put up a picture with better lighting or something. Just saying...if you're supposed to be putting up pictures of newly completed tails...don't you think they should be uhm..."newly completed" instead of giving those of us false hopes about what you're working on. Ugh! I'm approaching my deadline for my contract and my deadline will come and go and I know I won't have my tail which then in turn will effect my company and my business. At this point, it would have to be shipping today overnight pretty much to get it to me on time. Like I said, I've lost complete and total faith in these tail makers that promise one thing but cannot deliver.
    That sucks but don't you think it was an unwise business decision to book a gig without even having a tail?
    I mean, that's a big deal and having your tailmaker not deliver is something that might just happen because
    of complications. What if Stevi ran out of neoprene or what if your tail was completed but got sent out somewhere
    else? I mean, not using these as excuses for this situation exactly, but it's generally not a good idea to advertise
    yourself as a mermaid if you don't have a tail.

I mean, I assume that's what's wrong?
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I started this thread.......let me say my wife ordered the tail not me and I WOULD NEVER HAVE ORDERED ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT LIST A PHONE NUMBER OR PHYSICAL ADDRESS!

They essentially are a ghost company and holding mine, and it sounds like a lot of other peoples, money hostage!

I do understand her issues with family drama, or so we were told, but his is past the point of me caring about this at all. We ordered this in October and it is 5 MONTHS now, I hope to hell this tail fits my daughter when it comes in, I cannot even get them to communicate with me now to make sure the measurements we sent in are still relevant!

If I lived in cColorado I would knock on the door of all three people listed with her name until I found her and demand my money back!

I will pay for her phone number if anyone can supply it off line............

NO I have a tail...I MAKE my own tails. This is going on YEAR 3 of having a gig at a festival however I specifically booked it with knowing we would have our new venue completed AND new tails. I bought this tail for a VOW RENEWAL!!! And she barely made the dealine initially until I had to pay to rush it...then I got it and it was wet when I receieved it. She rushed the product and then it fell apart even after I cured it in my workshop. So...Now I am without a workable tail. I can do the shoot in the tail I have but I have to spend some extensive time repairing it and right now but thats not the point! The point should be that we should all have our tails now. I really didn't need the tail for the festival because this was specifically bought for a vow renewal but because of the nature of this grand opening of our new venue for our mermaids, we are all getting new tails. Not that any of our tails really needed replaced but seeing how I'm sort of the main mast of my group and how everything falls on my shoulders in a performers sense, I had committed to a photoshoot for a national publication AND for our program as well. So the fact of the matter is that I DO have a tail...and I have many of them...most of them are fabric but I have 3 that are not that are latex blends and hold up well but not for this new environment we are going to be in. I have retired these tails to be dry only or not used again at this festival. Ive had the same tail out at this festival for the past 2 years. Sometimes, change is a good thing. So its not a matter of not having a tail and booking a gig without having one. I've been mermaiding for almost 10 years now. I'm not a professional and do it every day but saying I'm not a mermaid without a tail is definately not the issue here. :-)

As far as other talimakers, yes I have had issues with Mertailor and Foxmoon. So yes I have experience with other tail makers and it is not an exaggeratipon. Having tails that come apart or are completely see through or rip without hardly any use is a pain in the butt. Now I have fishbutts to add to that list as well. This is why I started making my own tails. The only reason I didnt make this particular tail is because it was for a wedding and I didn't have time to make exactly what I wanted with having everything I had to do to get ready for it. Its like, I wouldn't make my own wedding dress...I would buy it from a nice store. So now I've got the remnants of a ruined wedding dress/tail and paid for her to make me another one and still don't have it. All in all its a mess. Everyone is having the same issue. I just hope that it can be resolved. Im having to jump through hoops to get to the end of this mess in more ways than one. I'm just really disapointed.
    Last edited by Mermaid Ariaella; 02-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Ohh I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I didn't mean to sound rude, I was just trying to
    understand what was going on.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Oh it didnt sound rude at all. I just wanted to clarify that in case anyone else just thought I was a whiney mermaid. This isn't my first time at the fish races!!! Its just really a pain in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I started this thread.......let me say my wife ordered the tail not me and I WOULD NEVER HAVE ORDERED ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT LIST A PHONE NUMBER OR PHYSICAL ADDRESS!

They essentially are a ghost company and holding mine, and it sounds like a lot of other peoples, money hostage!

I do understand her issues with family drama, or so we were told, but his is past the point of me caring about this at all. We ordered this in October and it is 5 MONTHS now, I hope to hell this tail fits my daughter when it comes in, I cannot even get them to communicate with me now to make sure the measurements we sent in are still relevant!

If I lived in cColorado I would knock on the door of all three people listed with her name until I found her and demand my money back!

I will pay for her phone number if anyone can supply it off line............
    At this point I doubt people can help you get the number. As far as I know she's never supplied it to
    us or online as most people don't unless they have a phone at a warehouse or their business location.
    She works at home so she'd have to give out her personal number, which I'm sure she doesn't want
    to give.
    Again, it sucks you're in this situation, but can't you think of it in the sense that airlines don't give you
    refunds even when the plane is late or you miss your next flight because of them? I mean, most people
    seem to put up with that surprisingly well even though it's the same thing.
    If it's been 5 months, depending on how you paid, your money can't be recovered so you are really at
    the mercy of the tailmaker at this point.

Like I said before, she's her own business, she took on too much work, she's trying to get stuff back
    on track, it just takes a while.

You can keep trying to contact her, it sucks that this happened, but sometimes it does happen.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Your invoice from your purchase should have her address and phone number... mine does, but I believe she moved, so I doubt those are the same now.

I don't think she's a "ghost company" - but there's a lack of communication and appreciation to her current customers imo.
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Fishbutts will be making an announcement later today to all those who are waiting for late/ back ordered tails
    From the Facebook page. Ready to see what she says!

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    This is Stevi's announcement:

Fishbutts has been a great company and unfortunately a lot has come up which caused quite a bit of delay on tails and unhappy customers. As of right now I need to do what I believe is best for the company and the customers.

To Everyone who has a Late/Backordered Tail I am Preparing to make you an offer:

Normally I wouldn't do this but I’d rather not stress you out on waiting for your tails any longer. I am Offering a Refund to those who have been waiting forever for their tails.
    Those who want a Refund, instead of their tails please email me at-- Fishbuttsforsale@Gmail.com-- to discuss further details on this.

It really pains me to see so many of my customers unhappy :/ . This is not what I want for any of my customers. But I will do my best to get Fishbutts back to its former glory, full of happy customers and amazing tails. Rest assured that I am working to get tails out as quickly as I can and making little room for error.

This doesn’t affect current orders of full silicone tails. Thank you all for sticking around through all of this. You are all amazing.
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Yeah I ordered mine back during the cyber monday sale. I haven't been waiting as long as you folks have, but I'm really debating getting the refund or not. Honestly I would just like a proper update, what number I am down the list and how much longer she REALLY thinks it'll take. If I could get that then I'd be able to make a better informed decision.

I suggest getting the refund. Take your money to a tailmaker who actually cares about their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aela View Post
    I suggest getting the refund. Take your money to a tailmaker who actually cares about their customers.
    Hey Aela, I respect your opinion, but I don't for a second, doubt that any tailmaker doesn't care about their clientele, Stevi included. Afterall, without us how would they make their living? The whole reason she's giving out the refund is to try to offset some of the unhappy and upset customers. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have done that. She probably would have just closed up shop and dropped off the face of the earth.

Everyone makes mistakes. I try to give people second chances where I can. I'm just deciding on my own if I want to keep waiting for not.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Loads of tail makers don't list a phone number or an address, do you know how many people they get emailing with stuff that's totally not relevant or wanting a free tail?

It's actually kinda sketchy too that you're willing to pay money for the phone number and say that. At the end of the day it's still her privacy and if she chooses not to her have her phone number on the site for any reason that's her business.

I suggest you take the refund if you can't wait. I'm sorry you got stuck in this situation and didn't get a tail.

Take your money to a tailmaker who actually cares about their customers.
    Because you know just how much she cares? Lame.