Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FishButts Offers Refund for Late/Backordered Tails

Exclamation FishButts Offers Refund for Late/Backordered Tails

Stephanie Asked me to post this on here.

Fishbutts has been a great company and unfortunately a lot has come up which caused quite a bit of delay on tails and unhappy customers. As of right now I need to do what I believe is best for the company and the customers.

To Everyone who has a Late/Backordered Tail I am Preparing to make you an offer:

Normally I wouldn't do this but I’d rather not stress you out on waiting for your tails any... longer. I am Offering a Refund to those who have been waiting forever for their tails.
    Those who want a Refund, instead of their tails please email me at-- Fishbuttsforsale@Gmail.com-- to discuss further details on this.

It really pains me to see so many of my customers unhappy :/ . This is not what I want for any of my customers. But I will do my best to get Fishbutts back to its former glory, full of happy customers and amazing tails. Rest assured that I am working to get tails out as quickly as I can and making little room for error.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Are you going to wait? I would like to... I hope it isn't too much longer.

i feel so badly for her. she's a wonderful artist, with such a huge heart. she really wants to make everyone happy, but she's been through so much. i hope she gets back on track and gets someone to help her out. i wish i could hug her

i would still get another tail from her. my purple and blue latex one is incredible.

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

So she is offering a full refund? What about the people that still want their tail? Is she going to give them, some money back, and their tail?

Lasserine, she is refunding those who no longer want a tail, if you still want a tail, you will not get any money back, you just need to wait a little longer. :-)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I sit on the fence for a lot of things (I still dont own a tail). But I am a product manager and can say that almost all tail manufacturers appear to have periods of terrible customer experiences. Yes a product is very important, but customer recommendations are what eventually drive your sales... or not. Too many people / companies dont appreciate that first and foremost you need to make a product which fulfils the customer needs; and then provide a customer experience which reflects the professional quality of their products. Then make the product.

From what I have seen the Mercommunity has a massive amount of 'bitching' between different sides. This seems to be the nature of being 'non-professional mer'... unfortunately. I hope that all tail manufacturers can understand that their customers are their bread and butter. Personal issues which affect delivery should never be communicated. The professional approach is to stop taking orders and resolve the existing issues; provide a fantastic experience, and then make the next step forward. This is VERY TOUGH when the income has to stop; the tendency is then to take on too much and burnout, and generate negative publicity which takes even longer to solve.

For the whole community I hope that Fishbutts are able to solve their issues (they seem genuinely hurt by their poor publicity) - and that the infighting can eventually stop. Im sure they can deliver a great product (I am definitely very interested) - and my professional opinion is that they are now taking a good proactive approach to this. As a community we should now be able to take a few steps back and allow them the opportunity to succeed and then provide support for them in the future. And honesty to existing customers is really going to be very very important.

I agree with everything that Iona said. There are ways to go about getting a refund or to make a complaint. If you decide to not do a thing...that is your choice. But there are options.

I admire Stevi for coming forth and saying that she is sorry and that she is offering a refund to those that don't want the tail and want their money back for all the time that they have been waiting. That is an honorable standing with me. I don't have a tail order placed or anything, but if you do, and you want your money back, at least she is offering it to you.

She is being honest with apologizing to her customers and is sorry and offering a refund to those that don't want to wait anymore. She doesn't beg you to wait it out. She is giving you the money back. She understands if you take that money and put it towards Erics, Mikes, Jesse's or a Merbella's tail. She isn't holding it hostage. She is giving it back to you. I just don't understand why this is considered such a "bad" thing.

I can understand other's view points...but as Iona said, every tailmaker has had a few shoddy tails or something happen to where a customer wasn't happy. Stevi clearly told everyone what materials she was using, has made repairs to tails that customers weren't happy with, took responsibility towards the tails that had issues, and is now giving refunds to those unhappy-mers that don't want to wait any longer for their tails. Remind me again how this is a "bad" thing?

That is just my view point, this is not to start drama, this is just an honest opinion from someone who has NEVER tried to start anything.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    ideally this should be discussion about the refund, not about fishbutts as a company and whether you like them or not. It is also not about opinions about other members in relation to fish butts. Maybe the company is out of line and maybe those users shouldn't have been involved with it, but it's just not on topic. If you want to talk about that, it should be in a thread specifically for this. Other forums delete or move conversations to properly labeled threads. It's not really a big deal.

I for one am interested in how many people are actually considering a refund. I don't think I've seen many people make reviews lately, so I'm surprised at hearing that people aren't happy with their finished product.
    It would be nice if we could see a list of tails in order of anticipated completion so users can make a more informed decision.

I personally thought that it could've just stopped at fishbutts offering refunds. All the extra details about other mers and other tail makers seem kinda pointless... Also I felt uneasy when names started to get mentioned (call it "gut instinct" because I feel that a shitstorm is coming, pardon my language, but when names get mentioned that's usually not a good thing and then paragraphs start flying everywhere )

Point of this thread: she's offering refunds, take it or leave it. No need to be mentioning names. There's another thread if you want to start discussing about other mers and past drama

Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    ideally this should be discussion about the refund, not about fishbutts as a company and whether you like them or not. It is also not about opinions about other members in relation to fish butts. Maybe the company is out of line and maybe those users shouldn't have been involved with it, but it's just not on topic. If you want to talk about that, it should be in a thread specifically for this. Other forums delete or move conversations to properly labeled threads. It's not really a big deal.

I for one am interested in how many people are actually considering a refund. I don't think I've seen many people make reviews lately, so I'm surprised at hearing that people aren't happy with their finished product.
    It would be nice if we could see a list of tails in order of anticipated completion so users can make a more informed decision.
    I concur.

I can agree with that.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I'm glad to see she is being realistic and responsible. I hope those who want refunds get them promptly.
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

Oops! Sorry everyone! Forgot what thread it was when I wrote it. I deleted it. Thanks for pointing that out!
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

I think if someone wanted the tail for an event that's passed, they are probably going to take up the refund.
    Some people who wanted them for Christmas are probably tired of waiting.
    If you just generally want a tail and don't mind waiting a little more (well not sure how long exactly) then why
    not wait it out?

I fear for Stevi in the sense that too many people may want to take refunds at once. I hope she has enough
    money saved up so she can afford it.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    That's true, too many people requesting a refund at a time could really hurt her. I admire her for making this decision, and hopefully she won't lose everything because of it.

Yea if 5 people ask for it back that's already over $1000. So either she's ready to dish out some major
    cash or maybe she didn't think this all the way through.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I feel bad for the ones, that paid for a rush, and still want their tail. Will she refund the rush price, or just tail and no money, or all money back?

Thats actually probably a good question.
    But I have no idea.
    I imagine she should refund it since, it's obviously not being rushed anymore.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Has anyone actually received a refund yet? I chose to get a refund but have not got my money back and was told yesterday that she can not give me a time frame as to when it will be refunded. Just wondering if anyone else chose the refund option and if they have had any luck...

Yeaaa I think she didn't think this through.
    Sounds like she realized it was a lot more money than she thought it would be.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook