Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Raffle - Custom Full Dragonskin Silicone Tail - $1,500

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Raffle - Win a Custom Full Dragonskin Silicone Tail

THIS THREAD IS DISCONTINUED FOR UPDATES. TO SEE PROGRESS, GO TO THE NEW FORUM: HERE

**Active members of Wavedancers of Atlantis will receive one additional FREE raffle ticket! For more info, proceed to the forum to find out more*
    *Active = posting at LEAST once every other day

TICKET SALES WILL STILL BE UPDATED
    BY PERCENTAGE

This is the RAFFLE VERSION of this thread.
    If you have $1,500 and want to purchase this tail full price, go here
    NEW PRIZES! SEE BELOW

Currently 47% of all tickets SOLD

TICKETS cost $25 each and a total of 60 will be required to reach the $1,500 goal.
    Once the goal is reached I will allow ONE WEEK for others to purchase tickets who wish to join in or for people to buy more if they want a final chance to up their chances of winning.

1rst Place - Full Silicone Mermaid Tail, armfins, and two sets of gills
    2nd Place - Custom pair of armfins, a pair of realistic gills and body scales
    3rd Place - Your choice of armfins or body scales+gills

1rst Place:
    I am offering a full, PLATINUM silicone mermaid tail for $1,500.
    For the price you will get:
    -Custom fluke design
    -Raised scale design
    -Total of 5 custom fins
    -FULLY painted design
    -Two sets of realistic gill prosthetics (neck and body)
    -Finis monofin
    -Shipping included

2nd Place
    A custom designed pair of arm fins, 10 mini scale sheets, and a pair of realistic gill prosthetics
    -All pieces fully painted to your specifications
    -Free shipping

-Custom designed armfins
    -Two sets of realistic gill prosthetics (neck and body)
    -A set of 10 (7"x5") body scale sheets
    you can cut and and arrange in your own pattern

3rd Place
    Your choice between a custom pair of arm fins, OR 10 sheets of body scales with a pair of realistic gill prosthetics
    -All items will be painted to your specifications
    -Free shipping
    -Package 1: custom armfins
    -Package 2: 10 sheets of (7"x5") scale sheets and two sets of gills (neck and body)

• I understand I have made no previous mermaid tails which is why I am making the price so low.
    • If you need or would like examples of my sculpting ability or even if you are interested and would like to send me a photo/design of what you would like to see if I can recreate in on a miniature scale to prove to you that I am capable, I am willing and able to do that.
    • I have done much more complicated and detailed sculpts and I have created MUCH more complex molds so creating a mermaid tail is literally something I am perfectly capable of doing, I simply don't have the money for one.

Here's a quick sample of a miniature fluke design:
    Attachment 9850
    This took approximately 15 minutes to sculpt freehand and it is about 4" long entirely, so forgive the details. A real size tail would be much more detailed and drawn out.

Now that we have a buyout(several, actually!) I can begin the tutorial and it has pretty much already begun and will continue mostly on my youtube and livestream. I'm working on uploading videos on each step of the process but I will be showing the most recent progress on here in this photo

Progress Photo:

These are not the final mold, they were simply arranged to show pattern.

I will also be using this tail to finally make a video tutorial of how to make a full silicone mermaid tail, so if you don't win you could always think of it that you paid $25 to support the tutorial.

This price is only going to be available for one person, so never again will I be offering another full silicone tail with this many options at this price.

Once a winner has been chosen I will announce the beginning of the tutorial over my Youtube page and I will update it at LEAST once a week. Construction on the tail will begin as SOON as a design is made by the winner

I really hope this is taken seriously, everyone needs to start somewhere and I would really love a shot at this. I am willing to go out of my way to make sure your design is perfect.

Feel free to ask questions or ask for a miniature fluke sculpt example.

My BEST advice to anyone who'd like to participate in the raffle is to private message me the amount of tickets you'd like to purchase and keep it private. I will list your name on here and make a private note as to the amount.
    I will hold the money in a private bank account until the goal is reached. If the tail is purchased before the goal is reached, your money will be refunded within the next week.

Remember, to make a raffle work ALL tickets need to be purchased. This means a MINIMUM of 60 tickets at $25 a piece will be sold to reach the goal. So you may want to tell friends.

Please PM me if you're interested in buying tickets, or email Kanti-Kane@hotmail.com

Raffle Participants:

-Mermaid Lanai
    -Aino Revontuletar
    -Jvr8c
    -Whisper
    -Mermaid Lorelei
    -Scapey
    -Leeloo
    -Wavymermaid
    -ubergirlie

-Taniira
    -sunrise
    -Mermaid Harmony
    -MerEmma
    -Firemaid
    -Kat
    -Nathan

So you bought a ticket. What happens if we raise the goal?
    Once the goal is raised and the tutorial process will begin, I will make an announcement on this thread for an EVENT DATE that will be held on my livestream account.
    After the final week of final purchases is closed, I will make a public list of how the tickets were bought, this will show how many tickets belong to how many people.
    I will literally print out a spreadsheet of EVERYONES votes out and cut them out right in front of everyone over livestream. They will be tossed into a bowl and a winner will be chosen publicly so everyone can see that it was a fair drawing.

To share this raffle with people outside mernetwork, simply use this link:
    http://kantikane.blogspot.com/2013/0...e-mermaid.html
    Last edited by Kanti; 05-20-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

YAY!! I'm so excited about this, I'm definitely in!

Me too, I really hope it works out!
    I think everyone will win in the end with the tutorial.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Yes definitely! I think the tutorial is the best part about this whole thing, it will really help us more novice tail-makers get started!

I'm in! I've seen some of your work and I'm always impressed with the things you do. :-)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

sounds good. will pm you

Good luck everyone, and Yay Kanti!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I'm in! how do I get a ticket or ten lol??
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

Nice idea.

Got a nice amount of tickets so far for it only being a couple of days! How exciting~
    We're still below the 10% mark, though.
    Slow and steady
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

We just broke the 10% mark!!
    I am seriously EX-CI-TED!!! Glubglubglub
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

We made a good start guys, if you wouldn't mind sharing the link at the bottom of the page around I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

15% people!
    We're getting there. Please help out!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

bump
    Lonely in here ;_;
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Ugh, I hate being broke! So let me get this straight..you can buy one ticket. Once all the tickets are sold, there is a total of $1500. This money will be used to make the tail. If you win the raffle, you just paid $25 for a platinum silicone tail? And others helped pay for it? lol
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Yep that's right. But even if you don't win a tail, everyone gets a youtube series on how to make one for yourself.
    So to make yourself feel a bit better you can think of it in that perspective I suppose.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Iiiiiinterestiinnng.....Hmmm....
    Swamp fish noises intensify

sounds like a sweet deal if you ask me even if there is only a 1/60 chance if you only get one ticket. Still I would not be able to afford the tail i want for many years and this is a chance (however small) of making the dream a reality. Even if i don't win the tutorial will be cool and might use it to make a tail if i don't win.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Tax returns should clear for deposit tomorrow!! I may be buying another 2!!
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Haha I won't complain about that
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook