Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NO Mermaid tails allowed !!!!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I've nearly had kids jump on me. They knew I was swimming there and yet they jumped! They were inches from me and gave me a fright. My heart was beating so fast!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    yeah, happened to me as well.
    2 or 3 times, someone landed so close to me, if they had jumped just half a second earlier or if I'd been a tiny bit slower, they would have most likely broken my back or neck.
    Not just kids, adults can be just as oblivious and careless, and if you tell them "btw I was there, you nearly hit me full on", they most likely talk back to you and tell you it's your fault for being there^^
    (but germans do that all the time anyway, no matter the circumstances)

and if you're in open water instead, you always have to watch out for boats/surfers.
    number one cause for diver deaths: run-in with boats.
    I know no apneist who hasn't had a close call at least once :/

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    So I'm a very timid person and I'm not even comfortable swimming with lots of people around. But I took the plunge and took my new fin fun to the pool and was on the phone with my friend with my blue tooth headset. I brought all my gear so it looked like I knew what the heck I was doing. Goggles, many different nose plugs to test, and all. I'm very surprised that a few people on the board of our Home Owners Association were there and no one kicked me out. lol I was very respectful stayed on one side, didn't get in anyone's way and "practiced" getting used to the monofin. No tail cover, no leggings. Just the fin. I hope that this continues hehe.