Thread: First top and other mermaid craftiness

First top and other mermaid craftiness

A few photos of some of the works-in-progress I just finished. Creating my own accessories and tops has been one of my most favorite aspects of this mermaid journey. I am a knitter and fiber artist, so creating these pieces has been a wonderful artistic medium for me!

Top made from an old nude bra, netting, shells, pearls, seaweed, beads. This took me about 7 hours. The fumes from the E6000 glue were horrible. I had every window in the house open! The glue, however, really does hold fast.

Seashell hair clip.

Pearl and bead Tiara-type head band. Made from teal paper covered florist wire.

...Anxiously awaiting my tail arrival from Mermaids R Us. Her turn around time is only 2-3 weeks! It should be here, according to her, by the 13th of this month (March.) I know I shouldn't hold my breath, but I am so ready to schedule photo shoots and events.
    * I am ridiculously tired, as I stayed up way too late last night watching clips from the movie "Splash" on youtube. Darryl Hannah was so incredibly beautiful in this movie. I recently cut bangs in my 33.5 inch long hair (yikes-- it was a little bit scary for me!) in an attempt to sort of "embrace" the Madison mermaid style a bit more. I am told often that I look like her, so she is very much my inspiration.

a few length shots over the course of about 1 year. Yes, that is a sea shell (nautilus) tattoo on my wrist you might happen to see in the middle photo!
    Thanks for reading
    Thanks for reading!
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Let me tell you, that top is AMAZING! But geeze isn't it heavy? I'd just assume so, since it looks like a lot of shells! Either way awesome! I love the matching hairclip too! Singular shells are nice, but when you get a lot of them together in a pattern like that it really looks more ornate and pretty!
    Awesome work!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

SO pretty!

Thanks, all! The top is sort of on the heavy side, but once the straps are tied, it doesn't feel too unmanageable. I have yet to swim in it yet, so we'll see how that goes! The glue is super strong; i really couldnt believe how well it held!
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    LOVE the crown!!!!
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

I love how you put the larger shells on the bottom and the smaller ones on top ^__^
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/