Thread: Sound Conversations

Exclamation Sound Conversations

Hey all!
    There are some things happening at the Seattle Aquarium that I am going to, and I just wanted to share in case others were interested.

Sound Conversations with Jeff Renner

Join us at the Aquarium this spring for three evenings featuring insights into the health of the world’s ocean and marine life. Take part in the dialogue as local and international experts converse with KING 5 Chief Meteorologist Jeff Renner about the challenges faced by marine creatures and opportunities to heal and conserve Puget Sound now and for generations to come. A reception with light refreshments will precede the program. All events take place at 7pm. Tickets are $10 per person, per evening.

Register here

April 11
    Dr. Ginger Armbrust

Director School of Oceanography, University of Washington/ Principal Investigator of the Armbrust Lab
    Marine Plankton: Tiny Creatures with a Powerful Impact

Dr. Armbrust’s research focuses on phytoplankton, organisms that are responsible for about 50% of the total amount of photosynthesis that occurs on our planet. Join us to learn about the critical role these organisms play in our global carbon cycle, and ultimately, in our global climate.

May 2
    Ken Balcomb

Executive Director of Center for Whale Research/ Principal Investigator for Orca Survey
    World-Renowned Urban Orca Expert

A leading expert on Salish Sea orcas and pioneer in photo-identification techniques, Ken has been documenting the population and behavior of our region’s orcas since 1976. He’s often recognized as the scientist who discovered that Navy sonar might be responsible for beaching whales, and played a vital role in increasing government awareness of orcas’ declining numbers.
    (I know that this thread could go into current news or marine biology and conservation, but since its just small events I figured I would post it here, hope thats ok.)
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Re: Sound Conversations

This is cool! I wish I were closer!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

I thought so too Thats to bad
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Sound Conversations

Do you think the Seattle aquarium would do any more mermaiding events?

•Just Keep Swimming•

that sounds interesting..it's such a shame that it's at the other end of the world...sigh sigh

Re: Sound Conversations

If it wasn't sold out I would be for sure going, oh well I will keep my eye out for more dates like that (:
    User formerly known as "MermaidLex"
    ~My heads underwater, but I'm breathing fine~