Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received my Mermaid R Us tail....

Received my Mermaid R Us tail....

hi everyone...
    so, my tail has arrived and it is just lovely. I love everything about it. A friend came over tonight to help me and take some photos so I could really see what it looks like on.
    I dont have any of the photos in possession yet, but I can say that I am feeling dissapointed...not in the tail, but in myself.
    The tail is tight (it's a full silicone) and the artist created it with some extra at the top so I could cut it off where I wanted (ie- above or lower than bellybutton). I couldn't believe how much skin from my stomach was hanging over or kind of bulging out. It really was a bummer, despite the fact that I've been really pushing myself at the gym for the past 2 months.
    I have a bath tub photo shoot on sunday, and I'm worried about this. I'm also not used to how to move in the tail, as it is SO heavy. I know I need to keep upright (as in, stretch my upper body, so as not to accumulate more stomach rolls...) but not sure how this will really turn out in the photos.
    I will definitely have to keep the tail up over my belly button...I'm wondering if it will sink down a bit while in the water and how that will look.
    Time will tell. I'll post photos here when I have them. I guess I'm just feeling a little bit down. I used to be a personal trainer, so I know what to do. Our son was born in 2009 and of course my stomach has never been the same. Name:  rebecca and wes.JPG
Views: 929
Size:  127.1 KB
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

Aww, don't let yourself get too down about it! <3
    Don't worry overly about the stomach rolls--mermaid swimming is a HUGE workout and once you start getting to swim in the tail some, you'll definitely get more toning. Mers come in all different shapes and sizes and nobody on the network will judge you for it! I bet you're excited for the photoshoot, though. The picture I saw that Mermaids R Us sent you was absolutely AMAZING! Can't wait to see more pictures, and might I add, that your son is adorable.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    why not make some sort of belt to help disguise your tummy? I how frustrating that can be. Wedding dress fittings went about the same

hi and thanks everyone-- I am thinking of a belt, but I am wondering how it would look....if it would cover the skin exposed between my stomach and the top, it might look kind of silly or out of place. I need to post the photos here once I get them back and then get more input, I think
    I'm also wondering about wearing tights or pantyhose under the tail for ease of getting it on. Have I heard that most mers put on their tail while already in the water?
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

Received my Mermaid R Us tail....

Actually having muffin top and rolls in a tail is not uncommon at all. When you put something on that's skin tight and it stops right at your tummy it's gonna happen. Even super skinny girls get unflattering skin rolls. You can cut down on how much you get that by using more positions where you don't bend at the stomach. Also keep in mind everything fits better in the water. Underwater photos are also very forgiving. Water slims a bit as well usually I have so much fun mermaiding I forget to be self conscious ^_^

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I have this printed out on my wall at home to help inspire myself since I'm a chubby mermaid myself. Well more like a rolly polly whalemaid lol.

http://www.busybodyfit.com/post/3197...rmaid-legs-abs

pictures of new tail (and muffin top help)

Name:  TAIL1.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  90.4 KBName:  tail3.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  69.4 KBName:  tail4.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  56.5 KBName:  tail5.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  64.2 KBName:  tail6.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  48.8 KBName:  tail8.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  78.4 KB
    So- as you can see from the photos, the tail is super awesome. I couldn't be more happy with it. Sandy from mermaids R Us is truly a pleasure to do business with and she's kept in close contact with me throughout the entire process. I'm working on a formal review tonight.
    My issue, as I mentioned in my last post, is the bit of over hang in my stomach area. I wrote to Sandy about this, thinking she may have advice, as she is the mother of Mermaid Kylee of the WW mermaids...
    here was her reply...
    "I know that my daughter kylee does over 200 abs a day and I think for them they swim everyday and then my daughter teaches dance at her studio from 4-10 every night ( and has not yet had a baby) I bet you look great !! I do know that wearing spanks or tight tights with tummy control help under the tail with getting it on easier, but I am going to ask her to talk to her mer- sister and she if others noticed anything after the birth of there children ( I do know that they usually never sit and so it's not as noticeable if there is overhang?? I think ?? Have a great. First mermaid gig remember you are beautiful and doing amazing things for children and making dreams come true "

The not sitting part is going to be tricky for me, as I think I'll have a good amount of on-land gigs this summer. Maybe by then , my abs will be in better shape!!!
    Just wondering if anyone else experiences this and how to remedy it
    also-the tail is surely bunching, as I haven't trimmed the waist yet (as sandy mentioned, she left it a bit long so I could trim how I wanted..) Right now I am just folding over the part at the waist, which I think is making it even more bulky.....but I am def. afraid to cut! It looks like the seams were triple reinforced with a sewing machine, so I am worrying about unraveling it were I to make a cut. I am pretty handy with a needle and thread, so i suppose I could try, but I think I';ll wait for until after my first swim to decide...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Linden ties a sash around her waist to hide any lumps. Or maybe lying down/sitting in a way that minimizes them?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I hardly even notice a muffin top--honestly! You look great for having a kid. I don't have much advice for you, but a belt of some sort could help. Or a longer tankini like top (search the forum for ideas on this).

I think you look great!

They say you're your harshest critic
    I wouldn't have even known you had a muffin top if you hadn't told me!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Yeh, I wouldn't really call that a muffin top, I wish my tummy was that flat

thanks so much, everyone! I think I needed those pats on the back. we surely are our biggest critics!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    That's soooo not a muffin top! You look amazing!!

Yeah thats NOT a muffin top lolol. But what me and my mom do to keep our abs in shape is we do the Jackie Warner workout video every sunday. ITs only 20 minutes and it WORKS. http://www.amazon.com/Workout-One-On...warner+workout And its only eight dollars!
    Mermaids have more fun

You look beautiful- and as everyone has said, you do not have a muffin top! XD I love all the different shell/scale bras you have too!

Not seeing any muffins here! :P The tail is beautiful by the way. Anyways, if you still want help, my suggestion would be a belt or a pretty sash. You can get very creative with those!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

wow- I love the structure and sparkly colors of the tail! <3

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I might have to try that routine, but I don't know what half of those workouts are so I guess I'll be doing some Googling first! I imagine chances are I just know them by a different name.

if you go to the homepage on the link that I posted, and look at the gif library or gallery (something like that) it shows what the excersizes are