Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mer-Orca pod anyone?

ME! I planned on having my third tail be an Orca tail. The first two I wanted more of a fish look to it, but Orca has always been a tail I eventually plan on getting. I also planned on getting a dolphin tail after that sometime.

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    I don't know if anyone here plays Pathfinder, but your orca tails remind me of Cetaceals from their second beastiary. Here is what the Pathfinder SRD says about them and also here is a picture for you guys.

"Cetaceals are great water dwelling agathions who swim the planar seas and commune with the creatures of the deeps. Rarely seen by landwalkers, they defend the waters against aquatic evils such as aboleths. Their spirits usually were those of great mortal leaders of aquatic or coastal tribes, or good folk who died underwater serving some great cause, reborn in a celestial form that is part humanoid, part orca. They are social beings and develop close friendships with other celestials and marine creatures."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLanai View Post
    we need a photo shoot of the mer- orcas sliding up on a beach..lol tails raised in the air,now if we only had mer-seals just a friendly chase, nothing too bad
    Haha! Well, I'm making a selkie tail for my show Mystic Water. Does that count?
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    Planning on doing an orca tail at one point it would be amazing, especially since orcas are what I'm planning to study but I'm going to base my first one off the spotted dolphin.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I finished my Orca Tail last night.

Never thought I'd make one, but when working on my seakrait tail, I experimented with white-and-black colour concepts, and the idea struck me.
    I thought an Orca wouldn't look silly with a big fluke, so now I have a tail to put my competitor in

I'm still ill, so I can't post a nice pic yet.
    (Could upload one stranded in a messy house though )

All in all, it's quite funny, because I'm very scared of orcas lol.

ive been looking at dusky/White-sided dolphins color markings and even dalls porpoises for a black/white tail. I love orcas, but i want something with a but more.. flare First, I have an orca tail design in mind though.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, especially for my first tail. But can you imagine swimming next to a pod off wild orca in a tail and studying their reaction to something possibly completely new to them?

And I can't wait to see it caltuna! Hope you feel better soon!
    Last edited by Chenne; 07-27-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Looks like I won't be able to go swim for at least another week, so I just load up a land-shot of the tail
    Name:  orcatail.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  224.0 KB

nothing fancy, and only loosely reminiscent of an orca, which I'm totally ok with

Hi!! I'm totally a Mer-Orca!! They're my favorite animal in the world and have been for as long as I could remember. I'm working on an Orca tail design right now!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    Awww i totally love this idea, always wanted to have an orca tail as well....but im.in Australia...not sure if there is any other Mer-Orcas for taking phoyos with 😕
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Lunali".
    o0o0oTasha Mermaid o0o0o
    ......................The Aussie Mermaid​.............................

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistnoth View Post
    I don't know if anyone here plays Pathfinder, but your orca tails remind me of Cetaceals from their second beastiary. Here is what the Pathfinder SRD says about them and also here is a picture for you guys.

"Cetaceals are great water dwelling agathions who swim the planar seas and commune with the creatures of the deeps. Rarely seen by landwalkers, they defend the waters against aquatic evils such as aboleths. Their spirits usually were those of great mortal leaders of aquatic or coastal tribes, or good folk who died underwater serving some great cause, reborn in a celestial form that is part humanoid, part orca. They are social beings and develop close friendships with other celestials and marine creatures."
    Thats totally how ive always pictured my "Mer-Orca" self looking like....i want full body 😍
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Lunali".
    o0o0oTasha Mermaid o0o0o
    ......................The Aussie Mermaid​.............................

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    Follow sarkatsha On Twitter
    Follow sarkatsha on Tumblr
    OMG an orca thread! (Still new and finding threads to keep an eye on.) If/when I get a tail, it will be an orca tail for sure.

Hee hee! Orca love! My Bluefish tail is orca-based, it has a dorsal fin and a saddle patch. You can see pics on my website here: http://courtneymermaid.weebly.com/bluefish.html It's also the tail I'm wearing in my icon. ^_^

@SarKatsha *giggles* funny I find you here!

I was going to make a post like this! *excitedly reads thred*
    Orca mer here! Looking into Neoprene fabrics locally to sew up my first tail/suit and i'm determined to get a dorsal fin on it.

Carousel Moon
    ~I dream of Orca~
    My artwork link

Hehe yay more orca mers around. I know one of my pod members was at merfest with an orca tail as well oh and my friend marla made one too. so 2 orca mers were at merfest !! We will take over soon

Junior Member Pod of the Great Lakes MerMedic1's Avatar
    I just joined here yesterday and I noticed most of the post here are a couple yrs old, but I'm definitely interested in being part of an orca-pod.

Where there's a whale there's a maid right??

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Member Euro Pod
    yessss
    more orca mers
    Im ordering neoprene soon and it'll be an orca tail c:

imma little late for the discussion... but as a black and white horse, orca tail fits quite right to describe the Kelpie
    just a random Kelpie... "wanna come to my lake?"