Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mer-Orca pod anyone?

Alright, so I doubt it will help anyone here in their orca-izing endeavors, but I ran across this and thought it was preeeeeetty darned cute, had to share in case anyone had a kiddo that might dig it. It's a swim assist vest with an Orca fin. They have white shark, dolphin, pink dolphin, and clown fish too, and also life vests with the fins, too. Click here to see all the ones I found.

Oh, wait, they also have angelfish if you go to the company's website instead of SwimOutlet's. Click here for that.
    If you'd like to friend me on Facebook, click here.

interesting, I figure though I dont want a straight dorsal fin, i want mine bent a bit, just to be "different" i'd love to see other mer orcas with their own dorsal/fluke and tail in general style.. either way fabric, Latex, silicone- straight, wavy or curled,- big flukes or small, black gray or white.. we're all Mer-Orcas

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    I actually have a half-finished orca tail with a standing dorsal fin if anyone's interested.
    I can take the final measurements but it was set to fit my cousin and she's a pretty tall chick. I sort of abandoned the project and it's been laying around unused.
    I have a monofin for it too, I'll have to check all the measurements and stuff and get back to you guys- these photos are about a year old now.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7..._/IMG_1178.jpg
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7..._/IMG_1149.jpg
    No, for real, Kanti, you have no idea what seeing that first photo elicited from me. The reaction sort of resembled this: Name:  squee.gif
Views: 350
Size:  3.4 KB

And I'm so totally part of this group of mers! =D Keiko was one of my childhood heroes, and to be able to honor his memory with being a mermaid...omgIdon'teven *explodes with happy*.

Maybe I shouldn't have had two glasses of Mountain Dew plus sour gummies before reading this...

LOL wayy to much sugar high there, but your a welcome member of course, I know quite a bit about orcas and dolphins, My favorite orca well male anyway use to be Kanduke, but then 1993 it became and always is Tillikum. I did a behind the scenes and we got to touch his fluke and giant fin.. It was love at first touch...lol

I see him every year because i love that big lug.. I plan to make a tail soon, but it has to wait of course just like everyone else on here we are all impatient mers here But im so glad there are many mer- orcas here.

While my first tail will most certainly be of the fish variety, I would love to be a part of this group as I plan to make an orca one eventually.

Oh, I am most definetely a mer-orca! I have loved orcas for as long as I can remember, and I hope one day to be able to have an orca inspired tail. Mine will probably be purple and gold instead of black and white, does that still count? lol Maybe some sort of hybrid tail with a super flowy fluke would be nice too!
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

Thanks! I also would like a seal tail at some point, so I'd be up for a little 'chase' sometime.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    OMG MERSEAL RIGHT HERE!!! I don't think the orca pod Will work as it seems the whole forum is joining lol

MerOrca over here!!! I love orca's sooooo dang much, and i wont even begin with how many orca trinkets and stuffed animals i have! I really want an orca tail at some point, as i know many of you guys do too. So count me in, Whales Forever!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

lol Yays, theres a few of them on here, its funny though, most of the NE/NY pod are full of mer-orcas

Funny, in a YouTube video of yours, didnt you say that you, Merman Shawn, JV the Merwhale and a couple of others (all from New York) call yourselves the Orca Pod? if so, coincidence!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I would love to see a full body seal suit. Then we would see who could catch who!
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

Well JV, Orcamatt and I want to be Orca merpeoples, We are technically an "orca pod" but we're still people so mer-orcas. JV already has his unique Orca mertail. I have yet to have mine done, and i think Orcamatt is still working on his. Colorful or not we are still Mer-orcas

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I would love to be a part of this! I love all Cetaceans and porpoises! I plan on making a "dolphin shaped fluke" tail!

I agree!! There should totally be a "Cetacean Pod"

Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

WHALES!!!! I am so in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pearl Bae View Post
    I agree!! There should totally be a "Cetacean Pod"

I do have a unicorn horn or two... I bet a narwhal mer would look interesting as well.

Im cool with a Mer-Orca/Mer-cetacean pod
    All are welcome Id love to hear more about your ideas, thoughts and of course loves of cetaceans, their so beautiful and awesome.

Hey, and there I was thinking cetacean mers weren't a popular thing! Scaly tails might be spectacular, but why should they get all the attention?