Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merman on my crazy obsession!

Merman on my crazy obsession!

I'm watching TLC right now and a commercial just came on about a man who is in love with mermaids and has a bunch of tails! I couldn't tell exactly if he's a part of the community because I was washing dishes and I missed the airing date for the new episode too hopefully they'll play it again.

Oh yeah!! Eric posted something about this on his page, i was interested to see it.

The Mertailor Eric Ducharme

March 11

HEY!!!! Facebook followes, likers, and Mertailor fans! Check it out and mark your calendars for a "Merman" to Make a Splash on TLC's Second Season of "My Crazy Obsession". The show's sophomore run rolls out Wednesday, April 3 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Re: Merman on my crazy obsession!

Definitely gonna see this!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

Oh!! I wanna see! I'll definitely have to see that!

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

Ooh yay I love that show I definitely won't miss this! I bet I will be really jealous of all his tails, hahaha

Oh can't wait! I hope it hits youtube soon So i'll be able to watch ^^

Wow that actually sounds cool!
    I wonder if the guy whos going to be on the show is anyone we'd recognize? Heheh
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Oh man!! When is the air date?

ITS ERIC!!!!! ITS THE MERTAILOR!!!
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

yeah.. hes on a a show with a woman who eats deoderant, another woman who drinks animal blood and yet another who eats tape.
    Hmmm

I think Ill skip that.

Well liking mermaids is considered strange to the majority of people, so of course it's going to be on a show like that. I'm sure it won't be considered so extreme when people see that Eric is a normal guy (if it is really him on the show) and that he just likes mermaids.
    There's nothing wrong with that, nor is there anything wrong with eating deodirent or drinking blood. Normal is only what the "majority" accepts or deems proper. For those people we consider "strange", they believe what they do is normal, just as we think dressing up like a mermaid and going swimming is normal.

Unless the show outright starts making fun of him or any of the other guests, I don't see the harm. At least he's getting mermaiding out there to the public. Maybe more people will get into it!
    Last edited by Kanti; 03-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    yeah.. hes on a a show with a woman who eats deoderant, another woman who drinks animal blood and yet another who eats tape.
    Hmmm

I think Ill skip that.
    Ooohhh... thats um... fantastic?

I saw that it was with the lady who loves rats....

But I don't see how its really an obsession. Especially compared to the other people featured. I'd say its just his career.
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

oh its definetly Eric. I saw the commercial wher he actually said something. And since I have unforunetly met him in person ..yeah its him...

(sarcasm) Yeah!

I'm definitely going to watch it!
    And I'm going to see if I can catch my mom nearby so she can watch too xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

How does someone get obsessed with eating deoderant? WTF childhood???

It's called pica, it's like a compulsion to eat things that aren't actually food. It's normal in childhood, like the kids who eat grass, glue or crayons, for instance, but for some people it can carry on into adulthood or even begin in adulthood

I love this show there are so many awesome people on it. Did anyone see the lady who was obsessed with carrots, ate carrot based meals three times a day, decorated her whole house with carrot themed furniture and ornaments, and even the clothes she wore had carrots all over them. She even had dangly carrot earrings. I thought she was so awesome, I want to meet her, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    It's normal in childhood, like the kids who eat grass
    Haha I was a grass-eater,and convinced I was part horse
    Anyways, I think it is pretty cool that a mer is being recognized on television, but I just hope it doesn't give us a bad rep. Whoever it is probably won't say anything weird enough for that to happen, but these shows always use editing to make anyone on that show look insane. That is all I am worried about... :/
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani