Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Merman on my crazy obsession!

Ok. Try this one:http://videobull.com/my-crazy-obsess...2-episode-1-2/

Go the the bottom of the screen to all search results for this episode, then click on play now on #6. This should lead you to an ad, but if you wait a bit, you can skip it and it will lead to the video.

If this doesn't work, I can try to find another one for you. Hopefully it works though.

How exactly does this link work? o_O
    Do you need to make an account with the website?
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Merman on my crazy obsession!

No, you should be able to find the links on the bottom, no login needed. Why, is it asking you to make an account?
    formerly known as Julianne.

It tells me to make an account.

Okay.
    http://videobull.com/wp-content/them...ODMxNDY4Mzc3Ng

I've copied the direct link, so if you wait 5 seconds, a thing will pop up in the corner saying skip ad. Click on it, and it should lead you to the video.

Now, on the actual video, click close ad and continue as free user, which will then lead to another button saying start video now. Click that, and you should be good to go.

And again, if you want to skip over the other people, go to 32:27. If this one doesn't work, I'll try to find another one, but I can't promise you it will work. But, who knows? It might this time.

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I was finally able to see this on TV, as we got the TLC channel here now too. I have to say, I kinda felt bad for him that he wasn't allowed to join Weekie Wachie only because he is a guy and not a girl. Stinks like discrimination. The odd thing is, I had envisioned his voice to be different then he sounded :P
    Your imagination is your only limit

I just saw this too... I also feel kind of bad that he didn't get the "part", even in spite of his bad rep ("if something's not perfect or up to my standards, I have to re-do it" psht, BS. Not if any of the reviews have anything to say about the quality of his tails). The fact that he was dismissed because he's a guy is awful, but on the other hand it really did seem that he was being very sensual/seductive in his audition. Do you really want kids to be watching a merman that's busy showing off his muscles and giving impish, sexual looks? I probably wouldn't be entirely comfortable.

But, yeah, if he presented himself in a way that was more family-friendly, I'd be all for introducing mermen into the aquarium scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    I have to say, I kinda felt bad for him that he wasn't allowed to join Weekie Wachie only because he is a guy and not a girl. Stinks like discrimination.
    Yeah, Weeki Wachee only lets guys do it as a publicity stunt. Like when they made a big to do about a guy learning to be a merman over a week and made a big promotion out of it, or when they had Larry the Cable guy in a tail. :/

As for the Florida Aquarium, I'd heard from people that were in the "tryout" scene and it was .. well that whole scene was very much "reality show" aka not reality at all :P They just put it in there to add drama, like they often do in those shows. Same reason they didn't mention he's a successful tailmaker, and that's why he has so many tails- they didn't want that to "ruin" the drama of the that aspect. They just wanted him to look crazy.

If Eric wanted to be a performer now there's nothing holding him back. He's got the money, the resources, the looks, and the skill (like breath holding and flips). In fact he use to perform at shows and such in a tank, and decided to sell his tank (Raven bought it, and that's how Merbellas got their first tank) and just do tailmaking.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I actually spoke directly to the mermaids at the aquarium, and they said the whole thing was staged and that TLC was actually encouraging them to say "meaner" things- TLC rented out the aquarium and at the time the mermaids had Merbellas tails (before they became mernation) but they had to wear their own fabric tails for the shoot. TLC made him look like the Honey Boo Boo of the Mermaid world. :/

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Ah, the fun world of word bending in tv shows... But still I think there should be more mermen in entertainment shows.

And yes, he looked all sexy in the shoot, but everybody can be thaught how to be around children so that he could perform there as well.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by RayeBlonde View Post
    Kinda pisses me off, really. Now that this was on TLC everyone on the face of the planet will know about it. It dumbs it down a bit and makes it seem less special. Next time someone sees me and they say "Omg gurl I saw dat shit on TLC" I am going to fucking burst into tears. >_>
    i dont think thats true. when i try to explain mermaiding to people i meet at anime conventions the first thing i say is "you know that one thing on TLC with the mermaid guy" and they reply "no i dont really watch tv" or "i dont watch TLC" sooooo :/

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have it told to me constantly usually in a negative way by clients who were weirded out lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    Now we all know that some people will have a negative effect of what we do its a fact. Like how some guys think its a thing for only girls like it would be weird if guys do it as mermen, but they can judge all they want cause it's a passion that so many of us share. On mermetwork I've heard and seen so many wonderful and passionate people that really do enspire me to be a merman. Mers aren't weird we just see life in a different way.