Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Merman on my crazy obsession!

@Nate - hahaha xD
    Yea if anything I wish mers were put into more of a "greek mythology" type of category rather than a "prepubescent girl" category. Every other mermaid show is about some 16 year olds running around throwing water magically at people and sprouting legs like it's nothing.

@Toxotes - I don't think it's too hard to guess, honestly. He doesn't act completely flamboyant but I had a feeling about it when I watched his videos so I'm sure some people will speculate on that.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Despite the hate going around.. we should probably support him and back him.. cuz atm he's representing the community. whether TLC will reflect our community in a positive/negative light, thats a whole 'nother issue. if it does come down to it where they do make us look crazy based on ONE person, we should all riot and support the guy.

yknow? (k i dont make sense, i apologize)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Merman on my crazy obsession!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidandrea View Post
    Despite the hate going around.. we should probably support him and back him.. cuz atm he's representing the community. whether TLC will reflect our community in a positive/negative light, thats a whole 'nother issue. if it does come down to it where they do make us look crazy based on ONE person, we should all riot and support the guy.

yknow? (k i dont make sense, i apologize)
    You're right! There's too much mertailor hate on these forums, ok he messed up tail orders and really put the Douche in Ducharme, but he's changed as far as I can see an we should band together behind him!...... We all have our differences but we're a small enough community as it is!
    Travelling Merman

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling Merman View Post
    You're right! There's too much mertailor hate on these forums, ok he messed up tail orders and really put the Douche in Ducharme, but he's changed as far as I can see an we should band together behind him!...... We all have our differences but we're a small enough community as it is!
    Very well said
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    So did anyone watch it?

I think it's at 10:30 at night xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

is it not this wednesday upcoming? o.0

Oh wait derp.
    April fools.
    I think it is this wednesday xD
    Its the 3rd?? Someone check the Mertailor page
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrittany View Post
    Oh yeah!! Eric posted something about this on his page, i was interested to see it.

The Mertailor Eric Ducharme

March 11

HEY!!!! Facebook followes, likers, and Mertailor fans! Check it out and mark your calendars for a "Merman" to Make a Splash on TLC's Second Season of "My Crazy Obsession". The show's sophomore run rolls out Wednesday, April 3 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

Nvm here it is xD
    This wednesday!
    So who's going to tune in after all?
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Merman on my crazy obsession!

I want to watch, if only to see how they treat it. But I don't get TLC, and I have no idea where to find it online. :-(

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    @Nate - hahaha xD
    Yea if anything I wish mers were put into more of a "greek mythology" type of category rather than a "prepubescent girl" category. Every other mermaid show is about some 16 year olds running around throwing water magically at people and sprouting legs like it's nothing.
    unfortunately they will not do that because original tales of mermaids (and all over the world were the same) had the Merfolk as being dangerous and undesirable.....the females were more known because they tempted sailors with song to lure them to death, where as to see a merman was bad omen, they said merman predicted death of a loved one, so to see a merman frightened people. That being said, neither merman nor mermaid was described as being beautiful either.

I agree that making out that only gay men are mermen is just crazy, original tales tell of strong powerful merman and always warrior like so it makes no sense.

on a completely different note, i was a dirt eater as a kid, mum used to say "atleast its got vitamins and minerals in it" hahahahaha, oh i wet to school with a guy who would literally eat anything, glue, chalk, and the what really odded me out....staples out of his stapler ......im pretty sure his was for attention and not an addiction, he was always into the whole shock thing.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Lunali".
    o0o0oTasha Mermaid o0o0o
    ......................The Aussie Mermaid​.............................

I wonder, i have foxtel (pay tv) we get ALOT of those channels and we DO get TLC with the my strange addiction and the my crazy obsession but i would not have a clue if it will air over here as well, i would love to watch it also.......i do agree these shows make people out to be complete loony bin cases but i am sure that Eric would not be the cause of that, i hope the spin they put on it isn't to damaging to our community, because even Eric would be devastated about that, its his life too after all.
    Hey we never know it may turn out to be good and if we DO look crazy, who is to say that there are not people who are watching and see beyond the spun lies to join us
    o0o0oTasha Mermaid o0o0o

hahaha i have to laugh, on the site one is the doll collector with the reborn babies (dolls that look alive) i collect them xD im a doll collector, mainly cabbage patch kids (originals) and reborns, mind you i dont take mine out.....oh and i have those krypt kiddies dolls (the ones that look dead with the horns, the blue one is Blitz) soooo two of my obsessions are on the show....yep i must be crazy :P
    o0o0oTasha Mermaid o0o0o

@Thalassa - they might play it online! I assume every tv network does that by now xD
    If not you can scour youtube, I'm sure someone will have recorded it?

@Lunali - Ohhh that's pretty cool I actually didn't know half the things you said xD I remember reading some Greek stories when I was in highschool and I remember in at least maybe one or two they said mermaids were pretty? And I mean, they wouldnt have to follow it exactly, they could tweak it up a bit! I really like how PoTC had dangerous and evil mermaids it was cool!
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

@Kanti: I hope so! I looked on the TLC site and I saw clips, but I didn't see episodes. I'm hoping they put the segments up, at least. XP I don't know why I want to see this so much...lol, I guess it's the same curiosity that makes people want to gawk at a train wreck. ;-)

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...ming-a-mermaid

Here is a sneak preview of the episode
    At first I was a little scared because they did make it seem like they were going to be making fun of him, but I'm pretty sure it shifted to a more positive tone later one. I mean, I guess we'll have to see the episode to be sure! Here's hoping.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

The comments sound like they don't like it though that's for sure, lol.

Urg yea I CRINNGGEEDD really hard at his mom and his boyfriend because they just sort of made it seem so EEEESSSHHHHHH. BAD.
    But with the ending note of "haters gonna hate" I think maybe they're going up the slope and making it more positive. They didn't introduce the fact that he has a very successful business where he has made tails for commercials and stuff like that, so I mean, I imagine that'll be a positive thing to mention xD

I think they're just trying to lure people in by giving them a "WOW LOOK HOW CRAZY THIS IS HURHUR WE SHOULD WATCH" because with shows, usually the beginning is the part that has to be either great enough to get people interested, or in this case, perhaps crazy enough.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Yeeaahh... I think at best this may be more like a "hey look there's a merman, and it's weird" episode, rather than "hey look there's a tail maker, isn't he Cooool!" Thanks TLC!

Yea it's not looking too good right now, but I REALLY hope the show turns around at some point D:
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook