Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coney Island MerFriend Meetup June 22- 12:00pm

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    I'm coming! And I'm bring some friends along for the ride. No float, right?
    Nah, a float is too much trouble. I think the plan is to hang out and watch the parade and then go swimming at the beach afterward.

Bleeehhh. I got into two (TWO) car accidents last week Thursday at the SAME intersection, 6 hours apart. Both times a teenager ran a stop sign. I'm hoping I can still come, but I probably won't be swimming or bringing my tail >: (
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Bleeehhh. I got into two (TWO) car accidents last week Thursday at the SAME intersection, 6 hours apart. Both times a teenager ran a stop sign. I'm hoping I can still come, but I probably won't be swimming or bringing my tail >: (
    Oh man. Are you alright?

Lol I'm coping. I have a neck sprain and a chest contusion. I'm actually more upset that it happened a few days before my scuba certification. I'm a lot better off than the driver of the car I was in though. Car is totalled completely and he's in crutches. At least time off means I get to work on my tail a bit

I'm still in. I've got a birthday party in the evening I'd like to get to (Technically I forgot about Mermaid Parade being the 22nd and said I'd go to this party) in the evening so I might have to start heading back at a reasonable hour, but should be able to get there. I'll probably bring my tail and a monofin if anybody want to use them.

I had a lot of fun seeing you guys! Sorry I couldn't stay for very long :| I love the photos!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Raina demands photos! lol

We don't have a lot of photos of the parade itself. We wound up with a spot on the boardwalk and it turns out most of the parade doesn't go down the boardwalk. So we decided to head to the beach and established camp, and the parade kind of found us. I haven't looked at my camera yet but I don't feel like I got very good pictures. There are good ones up on facebook, though.

Completely epic day, though.

I've got a decent amount of pictures! They're not the best, but they're still fun!
    My facebook album for the day~

Wish I could have been there, Poor hubby is a bit better though, (we had to make an emergency trip to the ER hell I thought he had flipping appendicitis by the way he was groaning in pain and holding his side. however Surgery is definitely in his future.) *sigh* the life of a merwife is never done, but Its alright, There are many more meetups in the future. What do you think of a whale/dolphin watch meet up??? I know a great company I've been round, which run them June-August, on Wednesday - Saturdays.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For anyone who'd give permission, we'd love to have photos to put in Tail Flip, email them to tailflipmagazine@yahoo.com with whatever credit you want!

Lanai: We missed you! I hope your hubby's surgery goes smoothly! I'm totally for a whale watching meet up.

Raina: I'll email you some of the better pictures.
    Last edited by Seraphina Suds; 06-24-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I had a lot of fun seeing you guys! Sorry I couldn't stay for very long :| I love the photos!
    I'm sorry you couldn't stay longer, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING ME!!!!! I was so lost lol. I love your face!