Thread: Disney Store Exclusive Fashion Ariel Doll

Disney Store Exclusive Fashion Ariel Doll

Disney has taken it's leading ladies and made them into dolls with fashions that could be seen on the runway. I know we have some Disney fans here and I thought I might post this to let them know what was up!

From a Disney Site:

The dolls will be released on a weekly basis, beginning on August 22, at which point, all of the dolls should be on display at local Disney Store locations. We are told they will retail for $59.50 each and, according to the literature now being distributed at Disney Store locations, they will be released in varying edition sizes and will each be available in extremely limited supply.
    The dolls that will be released are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Ariel, Rapunzel, Mulan, Pocahontas, Belle, Jasmine, and Tiana. Given that we are a Mernetwork, I thought you would like to have a preview of what Ariel is going to be looking like:

In my opinion, while she is cute... I am not sure about $60 for her. None of the other leading ladies looked as good in doll form as they did in their illustration.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    I love the drawings but the doll is not so great.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it reminds me of Traci Hines! lol

yes the art for theses where FINTASTIC but when i saw the dolls i was sadly disappointed. i thought the dolls would look the the 1st barbies from the 50's and in the pose of the art,,but their not. i guess i gotta see what the doll collectors on Flickr do with them while taking pics.
    I Believe

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    I thought, "I HAVE to have that doll!" But then I looked at the price tag...No, I don't have to have it. I think it's really cute, but it's not worth what they're charging.

I also love the illustration more then the doll. I would BUY a print of the illustration for that much XD;
    Just keeep swimming. Just Keeeeppp swwiming -Dory

I actually have a Facebook page now~

It's a cute idea because they're trying to be all modern but that is WAAAYYY too much. It's very nice news for collectors but I think for me it'll be just another pretty thing to looks at. And whoever said this was right, she does look like one of the best designed princesses. Love the colors!

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Orca View Post
    Disney has taken it's leading ladies and made them into dolls with fashions that could be seen on the runway. I know we have some Disney fans here and I thought I might post this to let them know what was up!

From a Disney Site:

The dolls that will be released are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Ariel, Rapunzel, Mulan, Pocahontas, Belle, Jasmine, and Tiana. Given that we are a Mernetwork, I thought you would like to have a preview of what Ariel is going to be looking like:

In my opinion, while she is cute... I am not sure about $60 for her. None of the other leading ladies looked as good in doll form as they did in their illustration.
    I'm a Ariel hater and I have to admit this is a decent doll.

I just cant stand the gloves!

she has Snookie's hair with a kim kardashian look- i like the illustrations better

Pod of The South
    Jasmine's dress is more reminiscent of a mermaid than Ariel's.

Does anyone know if these are ball-joined dolls or what the material is they are made out of (Porcelain, plastic, resin, etc...)? She's being released on my birthday... She might be a happy birthday to me present LOL

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*