Thread: Anime Los Angeles 2012

Cool Anime Los Angeles 2012

Hello all and attention SoCal mers!

If you live in the LA/Orange county area, there is a convention that is perfect for us! It is Anime Los Angles! (http://www.animelosangeles.org/wp/) It is located at the LAX Marriott.

They have a pool as a main part of the convention, last year I spent most of the convention in it. I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me or possibly be willing to do a gathering on that Saturday around one in the afternoon. :-)

Please let me know what you guys think! ^_^ Also, if you're out of state, you can get a room at the LAX Marriott for pretty decent prices if you can find people to join you and split the cost!

Place: POOL (If you don't have a swimmable tail and are landlocked, then the chairs by the pool)

Day: SATURDAY (Day 2)

Time: I was thinking 1 PM

*Bubbles*

Kailani
    Last edited by Mermaid Kalliope; 10-25-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Broken link

Senior Member Pod of Cali HBMermaid_Angela's Avatar
    When in 2012? If I have my tail done by then that would be awesome!

What is the pool normally used for in the convention? That link doesn't work by the way. The dates are listed as January 6-8th 2012. I can fly to LA easily I guess, although I might be in Thailand instead....
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Fixed the link.

It's 2012. I maybe getting a room, but that's still iffy... Depends on who's gonna pitch in for price. I have to talk to a few people.

Member North Pacific Pod Oceana's Avatar
    Add Oceana on Facebook
    Follow Oceana on Tumblr
    I will probably be there. Had a total blast last year!

Oceana, you probably saw me then!
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Bumping this back up....

Anyone interested in going? I need to know so I can keep my other thread on Cosplay.com up.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Kallani, did you post this somewhere in the Pod of Cali?

Green, I did not post it in the pod of Cali because while this is a California event, it is open to everyone to come. :-)

Also, Spindrift, the pool is usually not "used" for anything con wise. It's just a pool for guests/con goers to swim in. It's nice. I personally really like it.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

But still, it would be good for the Cali Pod to see and whatnot.

My question is, do you have to purchase a ALA ticket to get into the pool? I'm local and I'd like to go up to LA for a meet, but I'm not really interested in spending the day at ALA.

The Pool Deck does not require a badge to be out there. The only places that require a badge are: Downstairs (Artist's Alley, Dealer's Hall and most Panels), the Video game room and Con Suite. I may leaving out a few things, but from past experience the pool deck is open to anyone. They cannot close it off to strictly badge holders because that would cause a lot of guest concerns from regular guests. I will be purchasing a badge, possibly. :-)
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    Ashley, Briana and I were there earlier this year in Thom Shouse tails on Saturday night. The LAX Marriott pool had a high chlorine level and was painful to my eyes It was neat seeing everyone in costume.

Anyone have any pictures from last year?

Sirenade... I don't of the other mermaids, but I do of myself and other cosplayers!

Check on cosplay.net
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    On deviantArt I saw some pictures of mermaids at anime LA. Looks like it was fun!